Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

12 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:
46 minutes ago, MisterP said:

Especially when you consider what a truth teller that Putin is.

I think it's pretty easy to see that Putin would rather have a confused senile predictable figurehead in power than a wildcard like Trump that could take much harsher reactions than Biden would ever be willing to do. I take Putin at face value here but that is just my opinion. 

Edited by MisterP
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, MisterP said:

I think it's pretty easy to see that Putin would rather have a confused senile predictable figurehead in power than a wildcard like Trump that could take much harsher reactions than Biden would ever be willing to do. I take Putin at face value here but that is just my opinion. 

Predictable in that he gives support to Ukraine and supports NATO or unpredictable in that Trump wants to leave NATO and his propaganda wing is pumping up Russia at every turn. Yeah, Putin totally prefers Biden.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

Just now, SimonBolivar said:

Predictable in that he gives support to Ukraine and supports NATO or unpredictable in that Trump wants to leave NATO. Yeah, Putin totally prefers Biden.

So if I am reading between the lines, are you saying that Putin is aware enough to endorse Biden, to try to help him lose, because Trump is in bed with Putin helping him defeat Biden and then USA pulls out of NATO?

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Confused and senile or predictable? Your inability to choose one proves that you're either trolling, dumb, or both. 

Trump is predictable in that in each decision, the single most important factor is catering to his ego and vanity, much more important than any US interests. Don’t think world leaders haven’t figured that out, even if half the American public hasn’t. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MisterP said:

Drink more from the orange Kool-Aid my friend.   The fact that only babies dropped on their head - and then fed formula using water from Flint Michigan - would share your opinion makes me feel sorry for you.   Sorta.

Anyone with an IQ above four knows that Trump is Putin’s bitch and useful idiot.  Putin has nothing to fear from Trump - who is dead set on destroying NATO.   I can’t believe you are that clueless, so you must be a troll intentionally messing with us. 

“Wildcard”. Bwahahaha.  Trump does whatever Putin wants.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

“Oh no, Americans, please don’t vote for Donald Trump. He’s too strong and smart and vigorous and powerful.  It would be so terrible for me if you did that.” 

Please don't throw me in the briar patch. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, statsman said:

You’re overthinking it. Putin knows Biden will beat Trump, and Putin doesn’t want to look like his narrative isn’t being followed. 

Wait, you think Biden is going to beat trump?

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Drink more from the orange Kool-Aid my friend.   The fact that only babies dropped on their head - and then fed formula using water from Flint Michigan - would share your opinion makes me feel sorry for you.   Sorta.

Anyone with an IQ above four knows that Trump is Putin’s bitch and useful idiot.  Putin has nothing to fear from Trump - who is dead set on destroying NATO.   I can’t believe you are that clueless, so you must be a troll intentionally messing with us. 

“Wildcard”. Bwahahaha.  Trump does whatever Putin wants.

I havent said anything pro-Trump. Ever. Across Cloak room. I just think it is a stretch that this multi faceted ploy is some scheme. I can be wrong. I am here having conversation not attacking anyone. Dialogue my friend.

• Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, nbmishoid said:

I just think even Putin realizes how uncontrollable and dangerous tfg is,

No he’s not. Putin loves Trump because he can so easily manipulate him. Also, he knows Trump is a fucking moron who isn’t fit to be president. He doesn’t know history and he doesn’t know how anything works. Trump is a dictator’s best friend because he’s a wannabe dictator himself with no interest in promoting freedom and democracy at home let alone abroad.

Trump is a narcissist and can be manipulated with shallow flattery. Trump is not the least bit unpredictable. If you think he is then you haven’t been paying attention. Trump is a simpleton with a simple play book. It’s why Putin, MBS, and Kim Jong Un all love him. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, statsman said:

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2024/02/16/how-americans-view-the-conflicts-between-russia-and-ukraine-israel-and-hamas-and-china-and-taiwan/

Rank and file Republican voters are pro-Ukraine (just not as much as Dems). It’s the GOP leadership leading the retreat, out of fear of a callout from Mira Lago. 

No shit?

On 2/17/2024 at 1:54 PM, MisterP said:

sign language bullshit GIF

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

On 2/17/2024 at 1:54 PM, MisterP said:

Holy shit, you need to get your brain totally rewired.  I can only imagine what other insane opinions you have formed that are entirely counter to all available evidence. I'm assuming you're a flat earther and 9/11 truther. 

Much harsher reactions like...what? Mean Truths? JK, Trump doesn't even have the stones to do that. Few people in history have been as shameless about being in another man's pocket.

I'd put Biden's senility and confusion up against Trump's any day of the week. Nothing Biden has said has even been in the same universe as Trump confusing Haley with Pelosi, as just one example. And on top of that you have Trump's abject ignorance regarding on most any topic aside from defrauding people and orchestrating clownshows. And describing Trump as unpredictable is probably the biggest knee slapper of all. 

Edited by Hookah Horns
  • Hook 'Em 4

Yeah, we saw Trump’s “unpredictability” this weekend. Putin kills Navalny, and Trump’s reaction- “this reminds me of what they’re doing to me!”

Trump is very predictable. His first response is always a self-centered narcissistic one. So are his second and third responses. 

For example- Trump could have undone Obamacare. The GOP had united government from 2017-2018. All he had to do was make nice with McCain. He wouldn’t do it! To the GOP public, that’s a failure, but to Trump, it’s a victory! He is very predictable. Emotionally, he is 11, and he wants to be the alpha on the school bus. 

He made some acidic observations in 2016 and built a populist movement, but you will find, as everyone in Trump’s life ever has learned, his interests are aligned with no one but him. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 7:32 PM, statsman said:

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2024/02/16/how-americans-view-the-conflicts-between-russia-and-ukraine-israel-and-hamas-and-china-and-taiwan/

Rank and file Republican voters are pro-Ukraine (just not as much as Dems). It’s the GOP leadership leading the retreat, out of fear of a callout from Mira Lago. 

That poll asks the respondents how important the wars between Israel and Hamas, Russia and Ukraine, and the tensions between China and Taiwan are to the US national interests. There is also a question that gets to personal relevance of each conflict. There is no question about American policy actions or direction. That is a logical leap that is uninformed by that poll. Note that, as an example, Israel-Gaza was the highest rated in terms of respondents assessment of importance to US national interests; however, that speaks nothing to respondents perspective on what is happening in Gaza and their preferences on how America should engage.

Here is another recent poll that gets more to policy.

https://quincyinst.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/Quincy-Institute_rev-tabs.pdf

https://responsiblestatecraft.org/ukraine-peace-talks-poll/

Full data at first link, excerpts from the summary article: 

The Harris/Quincy Institute poll involved an online survey of 2,090 American adults from Feb. 8 to 12. The results are weighted to ensure a representative sample of the U.S. population. The margin of error is 2.5% using a 95% confidence level.

Roughly 70% of Americans want the Biden administration to push Ukraine toward a negotiated peace with Russia as soon as possible, according to a new survey from the Harris Poll and the Quincy Institute, which publishes Responsible Statecraft.

Support for negotiations remained high when respondents were told such a move would include compromises by all parties, with two out of three respondents saying the U.S. should still pursue talks despite potential downsides. The survey shows a nine-point jump from a poll in late 2022 that surveyed likely voters. In that poll, 57% of respondents said they backed talks that would involve compromises.

As the House weighs whether to approve new aid for Ukraine, 48% of respondents said they support new funding as long as it is conditioned on progress toward a diplomatic solution to the war. Others disagreed over whether the U.S. should halt all aid (30%) or continue funding without specific conditions (22%).

This question revealed a sharp partisan divide on whether to continue Ukraine funding in any form. Fully 46% of Republicans favor an immediate shutoff of the aid spigot, as compared to 17% of Democrats.

Meanwhile, 54% of Democrats and 40% of Republicans favored conditioning aid on diplomatic talks.

On 2/24/2024 at 8:51 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Oh, look.  The COO got an advanced degree on scholarship at a Russian University in Volgograd funded by a Russian energy oligarch.  And the CEO works mostly in China doing deals between China and Russia for energy.  And studied alongside members of Mike Johnson's extended family at Loyola University in New Orleans.  Wow, what a head-scratcher.  

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3