2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

37 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Mandatory spend is over due 

I always thought that should have been a primary demand by the players. It would have benefited far more players than the luxury tax increases they fought so hard for. And it would have helped the competitive balance at same time. But the players folded on that early on. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I always thought that should have been a primary demand by the players. It would have benefited far more players than the luxury tax increases they fought so hard for. And it would have helped the competitive balance at same time. But the players folded on that early on. 

Yep.  That and a universal FA date at like 6 years or 29 YO, whichever comes first.  Once they caved on arbitration and FA I was like- Ok- cool- none of this involves anything remotely described as a principal it's all a money dispute.  Cool cool.  

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

That's because the union represents the 5-200M+ plus guys, not the major league minimum guys.

12 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Do we get Grienke Saturday?

why are you interested in 38MPH curves?

Can Yuli hit them?

Edited by slorch

15 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Donaldson not in the top 10 is a crime against humanity.

tucker making this list makes no sense…(other than confirming all of us from surly are also tweeting our same posts about him).

Funny part to me is that both Donaldson AND Angerson are pretty close on the list.

12 hours ago, WBT said:

How do you gain a game in the division on your day off?

Unfortunately we also lost a game to the Yankees which is what we probably should be more worried about now.

While having the best record and home field throughout the playoffs is nice, I think that being a top 2 division winner and a first round bye is crucial. Thus the Twins will be getting a lot of my attention. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

While having the best record and home field throughout the playoffs is nice, I think that being a top 2 division winner and a first round bye is crucial. Thus the Twins will be getting a lot of my attention. 

Yep.. lots of arms will get burned up now there is a full blown series.. it's a huge advantage for the teams with a bye with the new format.. 

11 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Urquidy needs to up his trade value tonight 

Trading multi year, cheap starters is normally not advisable. As they say, you can never have too much pitching. However, this Astros starter lineup might be the exception to the rule. 

It’s going to be very interesting how Click handles the starting rotation when Odorizzi and LMJ return and with Brown seemingly ready and waiting in the wings.  1st world problems. 

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

The trade I’m curious about, can we dump a vet for a Yordan / Bagwell type of top prospect. Someone a year or two away from mlb ?

Bregman for a relatively old Jose Ramirez works well enough for me. I'll even throw in Maton for a nice homecoming. 😏

2 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Bregman for a relatively old Jose Ramirez works well enough for me. I'll even throw in Maton for a nice homecoming. 😏

Cleveland is cheap. We’d have to send them 50 million or something. 😉

Edited by Wulaw Horn