2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

Would be a dream to get Bryan Reynolds for a few young arms (not including Brown). In part to keep him away from the Yankees and force them to keep playing two OFs who can't hit. 

“The Yankees will acquire Bryan Reynolds.”

“If that means building a trade package around top prospects like Oswald Peraza and Jasson Dominguez, so be it. The Yankees have every reason to seize this moment.”

This is what makes this trade deadline so interesting.  Bryan Reynolds’ name has been a hot commodity over the last year or so. We know that the Pittsburgh Pirates asked for not just top prospects, but elite, top 25 prospects. The Mariners and Marlins showed interest in the past but the Bucs asked for the likes of Julio Rodriguez (SEA) and Max Meyer(MIA).

https://rumbunter.com/2022/07/02/pittsburgh-pirates-could-the-yankees-push-for-bryan-reynolds/2/

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

“The Yankees will acquire Bryan Reynolds.”

“If that means building a trade package around top prospects like Oswald Peraza and Jasson Dominguez, so be it. The Yankees have every reason to seize this moment.”

This is what makes this trade deadline so interesting.  Bryan Reynolds’ name has been a hot commodity over the last year or so. We know that the Pittsburgh Pirates asked for not just top prospects, but elite, top 25 prospects. The Mariners and Marlins showed interest in the past but the Bucs asked for the likes of Julio Rodriguez (SEA) and Max Meyer(MIA).

https://rumbunter.com/2022/07/02/pittsburgh-pirates-could-the-yankees-push-for-bryan-reynolds/2/

I wouldn't go that far for Reynolds, especially with Meyers now back and playing well. But I still hope the Yankees don't get him. 

6 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Who are maybe the realistic bats we could add? 

The name I keep seeing is Contreras but seems to be a divided opinion on him. 

Josh Bell. Trey Mancini. Nelson Cruz. That’s all I’ve got. I have no idea how interested the Astros are in adding any of those guys, but they all should be available and none of them should cost much. 

7 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The Rangers are shit and it pleases my heart

The Rangers are going to be, at best, middle of the pack for years to come. They’re  spending enough to win some games, at the cost of getting  high draft picks. They have an ok farm system but have shown little ability to develop players   They have practically no cheap, homegrown talent on the big league roster.

Who are maybe the realistic bats we could add? 
The name I keep seeing is Contreras but seems to be a divided opinion on him. 

He would be an obvious upgrade at the plate (as would most anyone else…) but I’m at the point where I think the staff would riot if Machete’s role was reduced. Dude is obviously a wizard calling a game.

Given that Yuli and Bregman are entrenched, if Meyers can provide a steady bat in CF then honestly not even sure what I would try to upgrade. Certainly no holes glaring enough to part with a top prospect.

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Josh Bell. Trey Mancini. Nelson Cruz. That’s all I’ve got. I have no idea how interested the Astros are in adding any of those guys, but they all should be available and none of them should cost much. 

I would like to have Josh Bell for more than this year.

Edited by Soliver465

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

I would like a nasty reliever because you can never have enough of them.

With not much time to ramp up, I kind of feel like McCullers will be reliever when he comes back (just for this season). Starter depth looks strong, and he can comeback next season and really build back up.

16 minutes ago, runthebone said:

You need another elite bullpen arm just because for a 7 game series but also because Pressly hasn't been able to throw back to back.

You add back odo and lmj, who gets bumped ?

now add another arm, who gets bumped ? A lefty would be nice 

Just now, kevwun said:

Don't think they will trade Siri.  He's too useful in the playoffs as a pinch runner and defensive replacement.

Yep. Every team that knows they are in the playoffs should have a guy like that. Hell, I would probably consider signing an Olympic caliber sprinter to use as a PR that had no other discernible baseball skills if I could find one that grew up playing and could be an automatic stolen base, score from 2b on a single or 1B on a double in a tie or down 1 situation. 
it’s valuable to have your 26th man on your roster in the playoffs have one elite++ skill. During the regular season it’s better to have a guy who can do everything passably bc it’s a long grind. But in the playoffs where you lean on the top of your roster exclusively SIRI becomes that much more valuable in a certain spot. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

We’re going to lose our mind when Dusty tells Tucker to head straight to Seattle after the ASG in LA instead of coming to Houston for 24 hours for the DH against the Yanks 

Don’t think Tuck makes the all star team. Could be wrong, but think he will be an omission. 

I see 4 Astros:  Altuve, Alvarez, JV and Framber. 

I’d also send Javier and Tucker, and you could make an argument for Montero, but my guess is those first four are it. 

18 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I hope all our players skip the all star game, especially that dumb home run contest 

No way.

Dusty should start JV. He strikes out trea turner and betts in the 1st. That’s after Altuve homers off Gonsolin on the first pitch of the game and Yordan follows that up with a 462’ homer 2 batters later.

then pull Stanton for Tucker in the 2nd

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

I hope all our players skip the all star game, especially that dumb home run contest 

The all star game is for fans of teams like the Angels to get to see there players on the big stage one time a year. The Astros are playing for championships.

1 minute ago, dr99 said:

The all star game is for fans of teams like the Angels to get to see there players on the big stage one time a year. The Astros are playing for championships.

Also, the Yankees and Dodgers are playing for run differential trophies. 

3 hours ago, IDIOTsavant said:

With not much time to ramp up, I kind of feel like McCullers will be reliever when he comes back (just for this season). Starter depth looks strong, and he can comeback next season and really build back up.

I was going to post this but forgot to so thanks for reminding me!

3 hours ago, runthebone said:

You need another elite bullpen arm just because for a 7 game series but also because Pressly hasn't been able to throw back to back.

This Pressly hate will not stand. Last time he pitched in back to back games he had 2 saves with no hits allowed.

• Haha 1