2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

One of my favorite things in the world on a weekday is when I get to read this thread- everyone is talking like our pets heads are falling off and I log on to ESPN and we are down like 1-0 or 2-1.  

I'm sure it has looked ugly.  But goodness gracious sakes alive people- shake yourselves.  We are only down 1-0.  We can do this. 

• Haha 1

One of my favorite things in the world on a weekday is when I get to read this thread- everyone is talking like our pets heads are falling off and I log on to ESPN and we are down like 1-0 or 2-1.  

I'm sure it has looked ugly.  But goodness gracious sakes alive people- shake yourselves.  We are only down 1-0.  We can do this. 

No doubt we can, but we look terrible. You have to be watching to understand how crappy they are today

1 minute ago, Honeysucklerose said:

No doubt we can, but we look terrible. You have to be watching to understand how crappy they are today

I get it. Really I do.  It's just funny to read that and see such a large disconnect with the score.  

This is sort of my fear with this team that we are a couple bats short.  It's so early and spring training was so funky it's way too early to say.  But even though we are 4-1 we've only really broken out in 1 game- the rest of it the offense has been pretty anemic.  

20 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Pitchers have an all time slash line (since integration) of 144/188/189.  Question- will Maldonado finish with a better or worse slash line than that this year?

After a week of the season with nothing approaching a base hit, I’m taking the under.  

• Haha 1