2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

11 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

This team can either win it all or get swept in the first round.

Well the odds of getting swept in the first round are extraordinarily low, mostly because they almost certainly won’t be playing in the first round. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

So as a team, the stros are 6/41 (.146) on balls in play the last 2 games. Baseball.

I’d feel better about that if the O’s were making spectacular plays or we were cracking 105-mph smashes right at dudes. But nope: it’s almost all lazy fly balls and HS-level infield practice grounders. 

We need someone to protect Alvarez at or near his level of skill and intimidation but the trick is in not destroying the team Angels-style. 

it’s a shame Bregs seems to have peaked early. As for Tucker, he goes through weeks at a time of trying to kill the ball and that’s why he’s hitter no .260 and not .300-plus. He really can go until there and waste his gorgeous swing simply by swinging way too hard and taking his eye off the ball. 

For the life of me I’ll never understand why more dudes don’t choke up a bit and swat the ball to all fields. While roids were partially responsible, they were not 100 percent why Barry Bonds hit all those jacks, and he choked up a coupe of inches every AB. I can only guess it’s a peer pressure thing. 

So that’s what Tuck needs to do especially with two strikes. At first. Choke up, easy swing, use all fields.  He really does have the potential to be a Hall of Famer but not if he keeps trying to rip upper deckers to right every time up. Try popping a few in the Crawfords…Those runs count the same. 

Astros simply cannot beat the Orioles, maybe the Mancini curse, maybe baseball magic. They've got a spell on Houston and won't change tomorrow either. They've beaten our best pitchers, destroying Valdez today. 

Ironically, Maton had the best pitching outing today.  Baseball magic. 

Astros will finish strong once they get out of this wretched town.