2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

Stop tweeting that clown 

for real. fuck that clown. I dont give a fuck about the Yankees. We own them this season and every season recently. I am more worried about every other playoff team than the Yankees. I would love to see them in the ALCS because thats a guaranteed WS appearance. 

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

Stop tweeting that clown 

1 minute ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

for real. fuck that clown. I dont give a fuck about the Yankees. We own them this season and every season recently. I am more worried about every other playoff team than the Yankees. I would love to see them in the ALCS because thats a guaranteed WS appearance. 

Meh the only good Yankee fan is an angry Yankee fan and Turturro delivers the goods there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i don't think mentioning him being in a bullpen meant it as a slight towards his abilities as a starter.  it's all about stuff.  lance and javier work well out of the pen because of their stuff.  they can get out of jams and when they're right, throw strikes.  i don't know if i trust urquidy or garcia to do either.  i'm starting to think it doesn't make sense to carry both of them on the postseason roster.

it's all about the role.  if javier was our sp2, it would be a no-brainer.  but if he's going to be our sp4, i would rather him getting tough outs in 2-3 games in a 7 game series than having him potentially pitch once.  right now i would have him as our 2/3.  i would love it if they put him in tandem with brown to go 8 combined (5 + 3 prob) in a game 3 and hold lance until g4.

I won't go so far to say Urquidy has the stuff for that role, but he throws strikes better more than any of our starters. He's tied for 9th in the league at 67.9%

43 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Could Jake be back in play for a playoff roster spot? He’s pretty much been killing it with Sugar Land. 

mancini v jake for that spot ?

https://sportstalk790.iheart.com/featured/what-s-on-matt-s-mind/content/2022-09-27-dusty-baker-talks-starting-pitching-playoff-roster-update-on-mccullers/

dusty's weekly call in. he said the trainers called him and said LMJ was under the weather. roster and rest talk 

Edited by tx 3 putt

57 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

mancini v jake for that spot ?

https://sportstalk790.iheart.com/featured/what-s-on-matt-s-mind/content/2022-09-27-dusty-baker-talks-starting-pitching-playoff-roster-update-on-mccullers/

dusty's weekly call in. he said the trainers called him and said LMJ was under the weather. roster and rest talk 

Why do you keep bringing up Mancini being left off the playoff roster?  There is literally not the slightest chance in hell that happens. Is this a bit?  Did you sustain a TBI?  
he’s likely going to play every day as he has been this entire month. If he doesn’t, at a minimum, he will be your right handed power bat off the bench as a PH. It’s really really bizarre that you have brought this up multiple times now. 
put another way- I will happily book any amount of money you want to be, and give you 5-1 odds on that money, that Mancini is on every single playoff roster provided there aren’t any injuries. 

Doing that against the DBacks in late September feels like opening the full playbook against LA Monroe instead of saving it for the Sooners

why not wait to pull that until the playoffs?

but I guess that’s the point.

Try to get playoff opponents to play you straight up 

Edited by UTexasFight

Just now, UTexasFight said:

Doing that against the DBacks in late September feels like opening the full playbook against LA Monroe instead of saving it for the Sooners

astros are being scouted heavily this hime stand

Edited by tx 3 putt

but I guess that’s the point.
Try to get playoff opponents to play you straight up 
Cause it don't make a shit

22 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

astros are being scouted heavily this hime stand

Of course they are

i’m just trying to understand why they wanted to show that 

I can’t fathom teams are going to change up how they position tucker for most of the game and you just eliminated any chance of being able to pull that surprise late in a close game