2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, elfenix said:

at what point are they just going to walk yordan every at bat regardless of the situation

Game negative 1. Bad game plan. Bregman is fine. He’s good. He’s just not going to carry a team on his back like Yordan. You pitch around him every time there’s a dude on base imo. 

Just now, UTexasFight said:

Peña’s double and single are reversed they walk Yordan just now and we’re still losing 

Probably.  I don't think they would IBB the go ahead run but probably throw him 4 in a row down and away that he wouldn't chase.

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Game negative 1. Bad game plan. Bregman is fine. He’s good. He’s just not going to carry a team on his back like Yordan. You pitch around him every time there’s a dude on base imo. 

Exactly. If I'm on D I don;t like pitching to either of those guys, but if I have to pick one throw to, it's gonna be Bregman most of the time.

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Probably sounds crazy and Hunter Brown probably needs to get a restraining order against me, but I’d have put him in in the 7th and told him to go get me 9 outs. 

I was just thinking the same thing.  I wouldn't have used him in Game 1 either though.  I'm not sure I'd ask him to do it on 1 day's rest when he's been a starter for his whole life.

But I would have been pitching him 2-4 innings every 3rd or 4th day since we called him up to get him ready to do the same thing in the playoffs.

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, WBT said:

I was just thinking the same thing.  I wouldn't have used him in Game 1 either though.  I'm not sure I'd ask him to do it on 1 day's rest when he's been a starter for his whole life.

He’s actually thrown a decent amount in the bullpen this year. Both AAA and here in Houston. It’s a smart strategy by management. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, WBT said:

This is weird.  Is there some reason Abreu can't throw to France?

Yeah- it really is odd. They must have just decided they liked Montero in this pocket for whatever reason. There’s no way Dusty is doing this by the seat of his pants- they saw something in the scouting report that meant they wanted this matchup. No idea why. 

Just now, kevwun said:

Yeah, that's 3 relievers for 4 outs.

Day off tomorrow. The Astros have plenty of pitching.

1 minute ago, WBT said:

This is weird.  Is there some reason Abreu can't throw to France?

He didn't have good stuff today. The playoffs is the time you pull the guy as soon as possible.

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah- it really is odd. They must have just decided they liked Montero in this pocket for whatever reason. There’s no way Dusty is doing this by the seat of his pants- they saw something in the scouting report that meant they wanted this matchup. No idea why. 

France has a 7.6 runs above average against the slider, while is -2.6 against the change.

France is pissed.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2