2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I don't post during games because every time I did during the season we lost, so I'm refraining... you're welcome. But have to say Yordan may go down as one of the greatest Astros. Also Pena has been clutch. Would love to win Saturday and cruise into the next round. 

Servais with his bullshit of “that’s just baseball- it doesn’t always go like it should” when we’ve conclusively proven over the course of 162 games against the league and 19 games against his team that we are clearly superior and their only real chance is for “baseball” to jump up and get us. 
fuck off loser. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Servais with his bullshit of “that’s just baseball- it doesn’t always go like it should” when we’ve conclusively proven over the course of 162 games against the league and 19 games against his team that we are clearly superior and their only real chance is for “baseball” to jump up and get us. 
fuck off loser. 

Scotty thinks the lack of an upset is somehow an upset. I think he wore his mask too tight for too long. 

• Like 1

Was at the game. What we're watching with Yordan right now is something special. The crowd goes absolutely bonkers every time he steps in the box. You just know he's going to do what it takes when it matters, and then he does. There is not currently another soul on the planet you'd prefer to be up to bat when the game is on the line. 

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I literally almost posted that and decided against it. What you’d really do is Peña at 3rd, CC at SS and Bregman at 1B. 

Pena was a top 5 SS defensively; Correa was barely in the Top 20. Why are we moving the better defender? Correa could play 1B, his body would age better there anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1

My one Debbie Downer thought for tonight:

7 BB by Astros pitchers tonight. That has to improve. I know the M's are a well-disciplined team and take a lot of walks, but we can't keep starting AB's with 2 balls nowhere near the zone. I saw my life flash before my eyes when Pressly issued a 4 pitch walk to the 8-hole hitter.

This was statistically the best Astros pitching staff ever, but so far we're having to rely on clutch bats and luck. That dog won't hunt forever.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Pena was a top 5 SS defensively; Correa was barely in the Top 20. Why are we moving the better defender? Correa could play 1B, his body would age better there anyway.

Correa has the bigger arm. Peña was an error machine. It’s possible that the defensive metrics favored Peña not because he was actually better, but due to something the Astros are doing with positioning or the like. The defensive numbers available to the public are not considered to be stabilized until you get to a 3 year period. It’s possible that CC defense fell off a cliff in his age 27 season, but I’d sort of doubt it. I mean, Correa could play 1B and he’d probably be the best defensive player ever at 1B if he went over there as a 28 year old, but I’d lean toward that being a waste of his talents. 

2 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

My one Debbie Downer thought for tonight:

7 BB by Astros pitchers tonight. That has to improve. I know the M's are a well-disciplined team and take a lot of walks, but we can't keep starting AB's with 2 balls nowhere near the zone. I saw my life flash before my eyes when Pressly issued a 4 pitch walk to the 8-hole hitter.

This was statistically the best Astros pitching staff ever, but so far we're having to rely on clutch bats and luck. That dog won't hunt forever.

Defense has also played really well both games. But that’s pretty much every Astros game. 

• Hook 'Em 1