2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

No more games. No more bullshit. This year is business. Not posting in this thread again unless we beat you guys. Fuck you.

Aww is daddy's little girl upset? This beer is warm go get a new one from the fridge!

Edited by Pimphand

13 hours ago, Pimphand said:

NYY 1903
STL 1882
LAD 1883
BOS 1901
ATL 1871
SFG 1883
OAK 1901
HOU 1962
CLE 1894
DET 1894
BAL 1894
PHI 1883
NYM 1962
CIN 1881
CHC 1876
PIT 1882
KCR 1969
MIN 1901
TOR 1977
CHW 1900
TBR 1998
LAA 1961
MIA 1993
WSN 1969
TEX 1961
SDP 1969
ARI 1998
SEA 1977
COL 1993

Of all the clubs ahead of the Astros they have at least a 59 year head start.... Crazy to think they have already surpassed 9 teams that had 60+ year head starts too.  Of all the expansion teams (1961 or later) only the Astros & Rays average more than 1 postseason win per year.

To be fair, there were only a total of 7 playoff games per year until 1969 - the World Series. Maximum possible wins per year during that period - 4. (Might have been a couple of 9 game series before 1910.)

Then the max went to 7, now it is 13.

The majority of our wins have come within the last 6 or 7 years.

Astros have certainly had a better playoff win record compared to any of the teams that were created around the same time, or after.

I went to my first Colt 45 game in 1963, for years I thought we’d never win a playoff game, much less a World Series.

I always longed for the Astros to be the bad ass team, the team that everyone knew they had to go through. And here we are, piling up playoff wins every year.

These are the best of times.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Victor Lazlo said:

To be fair, there were only a total of 7 playoff games per year until 1969 - the World Series. Maximum possible wins per year during that period - 4. (Might have been a couple of 9 game series before 1910.)

Then the max went to 7, now it is 13.

The majority of our wins have come within the last 6 or 7 years.

Astros have certainly had a better playoff win record compared to any of the teams that were created around the same time, or after.

I went to my first Colt 45 game in 1963, for years I thought we’d never win a playoff game, much less a World Series.

I always longed for the Astros to be the bad ass team, the team that everyone knew they had to go through. And here we are, piling up playoff wins every year.

These are the best of times.

Yes I know the LCS didnt start until 1969 but there is no excuse for the dogahit 9 teams that the Astros have passed they have been around for the entire expanded playoff window but they still smoke pole.

Apparently the rotation is set:

JV, Framber, Javier, LMJ. 
if it goes to 7 it wouldn’t be interesting to see if Javier goes on 3 days or if Garcia got The ball in game 7. They want to have optionality to pitch Javier on 3 days, but that might be in bullpen. Figure if LMJ pitches game 3 he’s done for the rest of the series but Javier could come back.