[News/Updates] Mass Shooting at Robb Elementary Uvalde - 5/24/2022

Ghost of LL

20 hours ago, Captainant said:

Good ol punisher cops, protecting and serving their own fat chudly asses as children are murdered yards away from them. God bless America. 

20 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

This fuckboy needs to be identified and publicly ridiculed.  Over and over again.

I’m 99% sure thats the teacher’s husband that’s a cop. I’m sure he’s dealing with a lot of guilt and what if’s.

Actually 100% sure it’s him. 

Im only 15 mins into the full length tape, but it’s a painful watch. They’re obviously scared shitless and not trained very well. They didn’t do their jobs. Or even close.

We’ll never know how many they could’ve saved. Sadly I don’t think it was many. He did a lot of shooting before they showed up.

Another striking thing from the video was how quickly he moved. Media reports and stories I heard made it seem like he was walking around outside a long time.

It gave me chills watching the people walk up to the wrecked truck and then run away in horror. One person falls over doing it. Then he emerges from the ditch. Just awful. 

28 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I’m not sure if this makes it it better or worse.

Neither. It’s all bad. The town is really broken up about it all. 

I’ve seen people that were there come out saying not to blame the cops because it’s the gunman’s fault. If everyone stays mad at the cops then no one in town will be able to move on. I don’t know if I agree with that but I understand it.

It all sucks. 

So I remember a report there was a Cop who had this asshole in his sights outside the school and did not take the shot. Something about he was waiting on a supervisor. I call BS. he emerges from the, shoots at the two people, and then enters the school. 

What a fucked up situation. 

13 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

So I remember a report there was a Cop who had this asshole in his sights outside the school and did not take the shot. Something about he was waiting on a supervisor. I call BS. he emerges from the, shoots at the two people, and then enters the school. 

What a fucked up situation. 

Yeah there was a lot less of the shooting at the funeral home and walking around. He just got after it. 

The guy walking in a vest over a plaid button up shirt and jeans at 1:18:45 is the guy that took him out. If you follow him the last few minutes you see he’s the one who finally goes all the way to the back. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, immamac said:

Many bled to death over the course of 77 minutes. Saving 1 would have been enough justification. I suspect it could have been many more that were saved. 

I agree that even 1 is justification.

It wouldn’t have been many though. Evidently a lot of them were shot in the face. TMI. 

After watching to the end I’m not sure of what all can be done. Obviously all law enforcement leaders there need to be fired. I’m not sure what legal remedies are available. If there’s criminal charges or lawsuits related to negligence that can be brought they should be.

The rank and file, while cowardly and pathetic, weren’t refusing to go in after being told to. Everyone was standing around with thumbs up their asses. Not sure what else can be done about that. The town needs police officers and most of them are locals who got trained at the junior college in town.

So much of this stuff is complicated by all the interminglings of a small town. I just found out today that the male teacher that was injured is Pete Arredondo’s cousin. Can you imagine? There’s tons of stories like that that complicate things. 

I’m sure these feelings are behind a lot of how the mayor and officials are acting. They realize the town cannot move on if they’re tearing each other up, but then they go about it in jackass ways. I’m sure they’re worried about liability as well.

There’s a lot of anger in town. People want to blame somebody and be mad at somebody about it all because it makes no sense for someone to do this. It’s hard to accept that there’s just fucking evil out there. 

And also now people are fighting about money which never helps. 

• Like 1

If I were one of those parents, the only thing stopping me from murdering one of those cowards would be if I had another kid that needed me. If I only had one kid and it died in this, someone would die. I'm honestly shocked this hasn't happened yet.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Those cops can all eat a bullet and fo to hell.  Fucking worthless cowards.

I generally don’t like cops and these guys all fucked up majorly but that falls on their leaders to make them do their jobs they were trained to do. They chose the job, but being a Uvalde cop does not stress you in that way, so you’re not prepared. You just give speeding tickets. 

Until you’ve been in life and death situations you don’t know how you’ll handle it. I’m guessing a lot of the people maddest about it, never have been in one. A lot of you that are most emotional would fuck up. Just saying. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

8 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

For someone who doesn’t like cops you sure are white white-knighting the fuck out of them.

I’m just laughing at the parade of blowhards acting like you know how the fuck you would act in such a situation. Handling life and death situations is a unique deal. 

I watched the video. Those guys were all scared shitless, especially initially. Cowards yes. But eventually more and more people showed and I think they kept waiting for someone to show up with a fool proof plan. Oh look now they have rifles. Oh look now they have shields.

But it took a cedar chopping mother fucker that didn’t care, to go In and lead the charge. The leadership is/was at fault. If they had strong leadership at the beginning they would’ve been able to stop it earlier. 

4 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

IT'S THEIR FUCKING JOB 

You’re exactly right. But these aren’t Dallas Pd or anything. It’s small town officers. Took the Border Patrol that deal with shady shit to handle it. 

• Fuck You 4

6 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

This isn't Hue City or Fallujah, with an opposition that is trained, motivated, and fully prepared.  It's a slew of trained police officers, many specifically trained in active shooter situations within the last six months, versus one fucked up kid.  I know that my training as a Marine is different from what most of those cops have, but I would be willing to bet that at least one of the cops is a veteran, and trained to use their initiative in the absence of leadership.  There is no excuse for any of their behavior.  None.

Have the identities of all of the cops present been released?  The public has a need to know who cannot be trusted.

I would trust you, a trained Marine, over these cops. I’m telling you these guys are not military. You graduate high school, then go to the Junior College and get certified and become a cop. 

This whole disaster has been really weird. When you know a story more closely than the news heavily reporting it, you realize how much the reporting can shade things. 

• Fuck You 5

2 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

They waited a fucking hour to go in after a punk kid and possibly save kid's lives.  I formulated my disgust for these cowards immediately after learning that, and nothing that I have seen since has changed my opinion one way or another.  I have dealt with small town cops most of my life.  I am well aware of their general strengths and weaknesses, including training.  They present themselves as heroes, and expect everyone to recognize them as such.  These wanted to be heroes, until it was time to do hero shit.  When they had the opportunity, the didn't just miss the moment, they refused to rise to it.  I have no slack to cut for them.

For me the fuck ups started before he got into the school. He shot at people before he entered. The police had him in the sights. They did not engage. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

For me the fuck ups started before he got into the school. He shot at people before he entered. The police had him in the sights. They did not engage. 

Hey man, the cops weren't busting his door down in the dead of night! He had a big scary rifle and those HERO WARRIOR COPS(!!!) have families to get home to. Show some respect for the thin blue line, they shouldn't be expected to put their lives on the line to protect the public. The cops have taken it all the way to the supreme court just to defend their right to not protect you. They didn't fuck up, it happened the way it was set up to happen. 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Humble Beast said:

I’m just laughing at the parade of blowhards acting like you know how the fuck you would act in such a situation. Handling life and death situations is a unique deal. 

one on one? I’d be scared shitless. I’m also not a cop though. Fucking 30-1 or whatever ridiculous number it became, all of us pretty heavily armed? Yeah I’d really like to think I’d do more than just stand there. Also, pretty much everyone ever does an unremarkable death. It’s like they never existed. If you go through that door you go down a hero forever. Or who knows, maybe your training as a cop bests this cowardly untrained teenager and you live.

Edited by Helobious
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I generally don’t like cops and these guys all fucked up majorly but that falls on their leaders to make them do their jobs they were trained to do. They chose the job, but being a Uvalde cop does not stress you in that way, so you’re not prepared. You just give speeding tickets. 

Until you’ve been in life and death situations you don’t know how you’ll handle it. I’m guessing a lot of the people maddest about it, never have been in one. A lot of you that are most emotional would fuck up. Just saying. 

I disagree. Even without training, people pull from an inner strength and conviction that enables them to act proactively in life or death situations. The mother that ran in and got her children out never had training. I haven’t had extensive training beyond the yearly ‘active danger’ trainings at school yet I have handled traumatic situations beyond what I would assume I could. A decent human being cannot hear the screams of children and do nothing. It pulls at your heart and impels you to action. These fucking assholes had guns and even some protection, yet stood by listening to the horrors of children dying. Fuck them all.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

The police officer whose wife was the teacher killed by the POS was checking his phone because she was in contact with him via phone to let him know she was shot and dying. He attempted to engage the shooter and was disarmed and kicked out of the fucking building. 

This whole situation is horrific depressing disgusting every damn word I can think of…I am trying to allow certain news to play out about the other 16 officers who did nothing apparently. This one did try to engage and was disarmed and removed while his wife was dying. Context does matter and as angry and horrified as I am I don’t want to rush to judgment until I know more. Words from a long ago article seem appropriate here:

“Witch hunts go in stages. First
frenzy, when everybody damns the
souls of people they don't know. Then
confusion, as the first wave of con-
tradictory facts comes in. Then deaf-
ening silence, as everybody studi-
ously ignores the vicious slanders
they uttered during the moment of
maximum hysteria.”

I want everyone to be held accountable here that absolutely needs to be. I think we all want that. I want Justice and I want the facts out and I want every person that fucked this up royally to face whatever punishment is available. Hopefully, someone can piss on that dead punk kid’s ashes or his grave or whatever in the meantime. 

• Hook 'Em 2

If the excuse is “these were small town cops,” then we need to get rid of small town cops altogether. They’re not good for shit except setting speed traps and abusing minorities. Fuck them all, they shouldn’t exist. If they can’t do an actual cop job, fuck em all.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, MadBurgerMaker said:

What is the process for disbanding a city PD in Texas?  Has this been done before?

Don’t think one exists.  Back in late 2020, there was talk by the state of DPS taking over Austin’s police department, but it required legislative action and went nowhere (sounded like there would be a lot of legal issues). The legislation that ultimately passed only covered cities trying to reduce police funding, and it ultimately didn’t involve the state taking over.

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/draft-bill-allowing-for-texas-dps-takeover-of-austin-police-details-how-process-would-work

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-politics/texas-legislature-responds-to-austin-police-budget-cuts-set-to-punish-cities-that-defund-police/

TLDR, there wasn’t really a mechanism for taking over police departments (and still isn’t) so I’d imagine disbanding them would be extremely difficult.

I would assume the only possible thing would be some kind of recall of the mayor and then go from there. 

But recall of mayors in Texas is tough at best.  

https://ballotpedia.org/Laws_governing_recall_in_Texas

Recall of local elected officials in Texas is available only in political subdivisions that have their own charter, and only if their charter specifically authorizes recall of the local elected officials.

Texas has about 1,200 cities and 352 of those cities have their own charter. In the terminology of the state, these are known as the "home rule cities." To become a "home rule city" or a "charter city," the population of the city must be over 5,000 and its voters must have held an election to adopt a home rule charter. Over 90% of the state's home rule cities, or close to 320 of them, do include a local recall provision.

Because recall is defined individually only in specific local charters, and is not defined in state statutes or the Texas Constitution, the laws that govern the available procedures, such as how many signatures are required to force a recall election, can and do vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction within the state. For example, Terrell Blodgett's 1994 book on Texas home rule cities noted that signature requirements vary from 3% to 51% and can be based on the number of votes cast in the most recent municipal election, the number of registered voters in the city, or other factors.

Edited by atomheartbevo

18 hours ago, Chopper said:

You are right. What makes it more troubling and funnier is he said (more than once, I think) "I haven't watched the whole film. Just the first 4 minute clip." Someone ask that ignorant POS how he thinks he knows shit about what happened if he didn't watch the tape. Also how can it be 7 weeks later and he still hasn't viewed film of his craptastic pohlease force sitting on their ass while children were slaughtered?

spacer.png

11 hours ago, Humble Beast said:

It’s hard to accept that there’s just fucking evil out there. 

Its pretty fucking easy to accept there is evil like Salvador Ramos out there.  What should never be accepted is the response to it from those who had a sworn duty to "serve and protect" and the ongoing attempted CYA by everyone trusted and funded by the public to protect its youngest, most vulnerable civilians from that ever-presence of evil out there.

If only there had been a box of donuts in that classroom...

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

I'm just a fucking idiot, so what do I know.

There were 3 definite points of entry that could have been coordinated and leveraged. 

1 - the door to the classroom. 

2 - the door to the adjacent, attached classroom

3 - the windows into the classroom. 

All 3 should have been swarmed ASAP with people with adequate firearms and armor/protective equipment and breached simultaneously. 1 person cannot cover 3 points of ingress covering 270 degrees of field. 3 minute response failed and that sucks, but 6 or 7 minute response was completely feasible and possible. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

"Until you’ve been in life and death situations you don’t know how you’ll handle it."
"Until you’ve been in life and death situations you don’t know how you’ll handle it."

* Repeated 17 times for the seventeen  heavily armed police officers in that elementary school hallway. 
GTFO with this nonsense.

Group human behavior is predictable, especially under duress. Fear is contagious. Once the initial responders retreated then something was needed to jolt them into action. That didnt happen and they were rudderless for over an hour.

An example can be found in the Band of Brothers depiction on the frontal assault on Foy. Lt Dike was commanded to keep moving. But he hesitated and like his troops attempted to find cover. Once one soldier takes cover behind a wooden cart others will too. But to overwhelm a well-armed, fortified opponent, you need to keep moving. A cart or bush is not going to protect you against artillery fire.

Another example of group cowardice can be found on d-day, where some (or maybe most) of the transports noped their way back to the ships, prematurely delivering troops before the landing zones. Once you see 2-3 dropping their loads, the others do the same.

Its why you need experience and leadership.

I don't get how people keep equating Ramos with a hardened combat veteran to excuse the cops' cowardice.  I also don't get how the cops could override the natural human instinct to respond to distress calls from the kids in that classroom.  I have taken off running across a grocery store upon hearing a kid shriek when they realized that they were separated from Mama.  I didn't know what was wrong, just that a young child was calling for help.  How did the cops suppress that instinct?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I don't get how people keep equating Ramos with a hardened combat veteran to excuse the cops' cowardice.  I also don't get how the cops could override the natural human instinct to respond to distress calls from the kids in that classroom.  I have taken off running across a grocery store upon hearing a kid shriek when they realized that they were separated from Mama.  I didn't know what was wrong, just that a young child was calling for help.  How did the cops suppress that instinct?

You also work with literal shit, so you are braver than most people. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1