[News/Updates] Mass Shooting at Robb Elementary Uvalde - 5/24/2022

Ghost of LL

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Those numbers are not what are being reported by the regular media. 

That’s exactly the number being reported. 

Makes my blood boil. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Damn. Was hoping that account had misread something. 

Me too.  I hope the number doesn’t increase to a Newtown type figure. 

There's absolutely no good time for something horrific like this.  But I'm thinking about my own fifth-grader and his euphoric state all week about this being his last week of school with a elementary graduation ceremony on Friday.  Those kids in Uvalde were robbed of this cherished time in their lives, along with their innocence and so much more.  Utterly heartbreaking.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The story seems really weird and I'm sure it will change as it's fog of war type shit right now- but they were talking about shooting at him outside the school and he ran inside to barricade himself.  Was the plan always to go fuck up an elementary school or did his interaction with LEO lead him to the elementary school and since he was there with a gun why not?  

Appears he was a murder suspect prior to this shooting.  He was being pursued then ditched his vehicle and ran into the school.  The school shooting doesn't seem to have been planned.  

13 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

The mentally ill 18 year old shooter is dead too? I want his parents to suffer if indeed there were bright red flags they did nothing about. Hold them accountable and put them in jail for raising a child killer.

Guessing there will be multiple red flags in the past. Mom, if you are burying a headless animal with your son that fucker needs to be committed. 

My fifth grader would not even look at me this morning as I dropped him off at school.  He told his mom that I had already ruined his summer because I made him sort socks and fold his tshirts last night.  I can not imagine what these moms and dads in uvalde are experiencing.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, South Austin said:

From CNN mobile just now.

3C69872E-E285-44E1-B576-DB830D8C9A9F.jpeg

So CNN still reporting that “a” suspect is in custody. But Abbott says the shooter was killed by law enforcement. So I guess the shooter is dead but they’re investigating a possible accomplice?

Edited by South Austin

13 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Appears he was a murder suspect prior to this shooting.  He was being pursued then ditched his vehicle and ran into the school.  The school shooting doesn't seem to have been planned.  

I wouldn’t hang my hat on that last sentence.

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Those kids probably went to school this morning excited that it was almost over. Just 4 more days and no school for 2 and half months! Probably got to dress up for some fun theme for the final week. 

Exactly right - every one of them was probably looking forward to the summer.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to [News/Updates] Mass Shooting at Robb Elementary Uvalde - 5/24/2022