2023 Texas Baseball

Fletch

11 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yes well, Alabama has announced their spring game three months from now and we have no idea if we are having an alumni game three weeks from now. 

Yeah I am going nuts. Come on Texas! Tell us when the Alumni game is!

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/13/2023 at 6:11 PM, Valmy77 said:

I just assumed it would be February 4th just based on when I would expect it to be but now I am starting to worry there will be no fan appreciation and alumni game. That would suck, that is kind of a big tradition for my family.

Oh good. Right when I thought it would be.

See you all then!

20 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah it pisses me off how the normies think baseball is some chump team just because the football team is. They finished #7 for fuck sake. How often in baseball does the #1 preseason team win the CWS? The only team that was #1 and dropped like a rock was Tennessee in their Super Regional.

This whole self loathing misery is completely ridiculous for Texas Baseball Fans. 38 College World Series Appearances and 6 National Champions and 6 National Runner ups and punks talking like where we are ranked in the preseason means anything? No. It means nothing. The expectations are simple: Texas is going to go to win the Big 12 and go to the College World Series just like every other season. They could rank us #1 or #300 it don't make a shit.

This….this is art. 

Astonishing how “shitty” we were from 2012-2019….and still went to Omaha twice, were a cunt hair away from playing for it all in ‘14 while making  the post season 4 of the 7 of those years. That would be most programs best stretch ever. For us, it’s dog shit. As it should be 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

This….this is art. 

Astonishing how “shitty” we were from 2012-2019….and still went to Omaha twice, were a cunt hair away from playing for it all in ‘14 while making  the post season 4 of the 7 of those years. That would be most programs best stretch ever. For us, it’s dog shit. As it should be 

The season does not start until some idjit tells us the season is over. 

Edited by petscii

And for those of you like me (first of all sorry for your suffering), who like baseball/hoops double-headers...only one this year:

2/21 TUE, 5:00p baseball versus A&M-Corpus Christi and 8:00p basketball with Iowa State.  

57 minutes ago, SamMan said:

Guys, forgive me if this has already been discussed, but is there any information on Porchas? I obviously haven’t been paying close attention, but I was brushing up before the season gets underway, and I don’t see him listed on the roster. Have I overlooked something? TIA

Don’t think he made it to campus. Assuming he ended up at a juco. He may have been processed to an extent. I thought I remember reading/seeing that he didn’t have a great senior year.

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Don’t think he made it to campus. Assuming he ended up at a juco. He may have been processed to an extent. I thought I remember reading/seeing that he didn’t have a great senior year.

Ah, thank you. I thought I had seen his name mentioned in some of the fall notes, but couldn’t recall if I actually ever saw him listed on the fall roster or not.