Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

3 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I wish I had watched the Oregon-Tech game.  I cannot understand how they almost beat/should have beaten Oregon given what I saw against Wyoming and WVU.  Home vs. road?  Extra tortillas?

All Tyler Shough, like Oregon forgot to change their signals or something since he played there. He picked them apart as well as over 100yds on the ground. Also... contributed to them losing the game like he tends to do...

Oregon also played really sloppy and at inopportune times. Penalties 14-124 yards.

It was that crazy Tech night game that they normally find a way to win, Tech overall played the better game.

Tech is like your well-meaning, half-way likeable cousin that knows they aren't as good as you, but every now and then pulls one over on you. But, even if they don't admit it, they know their place.

aggy, on the other hand, is like your retarded cousin with a mother that tells them they can do no wrong and are just as good as everybody else. But everyone knows they aren't. Eventually, everyone around them gets sick of their shit and laughs at them to their face. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I wish I had watched the Oregon-Tech game.  I cannot understand how they almost beat/should have beaten Oregon given what I saw against Wyoming and WVU.  Home vs. road?  Extra tortillas?

Kittley wants to run a spread offense. Tech does not have the firepower for it, and it isn't even close. WVU basically used the same gameplan against Tech that Wyoming deployed against Texas. Control the ball, keep the Tech play calls in front of the back 7. Cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Tech also lacks playmakers at WR. Tech legitimately tried to run the ball with the TB 3 times in the first half. They had 2 handoffs to end the half that were meaningless. 3 before that. 

The TB, Brooks, is pretty good. He should be getting fed the ball 25 times a game. They didn't even feign an attempt at involving him until the 3rd quarter and then he played well. 

The game was wet. Tech acted like that didn't matter and threw the ball 43 times, getting their QB injured in the process.

It looks like Tech has a complete mismatch between what they want to do on offense and what their personnel dictates they should be doing. 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2023 at 7:58 AM, Frank Drebin said:

Time to settle all family business against these crap teams.  And then never schedule them again.

Only schools from the state I want to ever schedule OOC, and this is only at home, are Rice, UTEP, UTSA, and maybe UTRGV (if they get decent). 

I think that's way too limited a universe.  We can play North Texas from time to time.  Or conceivably Texas State.  Or maybe SMU (but probably not).

53 minutes ago, Js1 said:

BUTT Bowl got 7pm ESPN2 time slot for Oct 7. 

Just seems cruel

3 of the 4 worst Big 12 teams will be playing at night on ESPN on Oct 7, with KSU/Ok State getting 6:30pm on ESPN

Sicko games 

There's one fucking game that matters that day so whatever the fuck they show after means nothing, especially if those games involve the left behind dbags. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Harvdog said:

Everyone knows Tech is a blade school. I think Joey was letting all the other knife makers know that the knife championship runs through Lubbock

Came here to post this. Apparently his mamma really did name him Cletus. He was born for this sport. 

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Kittley wants to run a spread offense. Tech does not have the firepower for it, and it isn't even close. WVU basically used the same gameplan against Tech that Wyoming deployed against Texas. Control the ball, keep the Tech play calls in front of the back 7. Cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Tech also lacks playmakers at WR. Tech legitimately tried to run the ball with the TB 3 times in the first half. They had 2 handoffs to end the half that were meaningless. 3 before that. 

The TB, Brooks, is pretty good. He should be getting fed the ball 25 times a game. They didn't even feign an attempt at involving him until the 3rd quarter and then he played well. 

The game was wet. Tech acted like that didn't matter and threw the ball 43 times, getting their QB injured in the process.

It looks like Tech has a complete mismatch between what they want to do on offense and what their personnel dictates they should be doing. 

cbc dude GIF by Kim's Convenience

• Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

That channel has delivered two weeks in a row.  The Chris Level guy might just throw his mic and walk off set at some point.

The tech folks on Surly have said Chris Level is one of the best folks covering red raiders.  Level tends to give honest commentary... 

Edited by LTtxfan
Damn autocorrect

18 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

You guys are real football fans. For me, that video without game clips or any relief from the guy on the right was too much of a beating. 

You really only have to watch 3 minutes to get the idea. Especially if you got an earful of “Everything goes through Lubbock” and “Dark Horse Conference Champs” all summer from your company’s assistant office supply manager. These guys were all in on that  

They can’t wait for 2023 to be over and it’s week 4.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

You really only have to watch 3 minutes to get the idea. Especially if you got an earful of “Everything goes through Lubbock” and “Dark Horse Conference Champs” all summer from your company’s assistant office supply manager. These guys were all in on that  

my friend group's resident Red Raider alum has gone from "Everything goes through Lubbock" crowing about Joey the ultimate "Nick Saban" level recruiter most of the summer to "Conference Title still on the table" after Wyoming and Oregon loss to "Wake me up when baseball starts" this past Saturday evening after WVU. Kinda sad and now all he has got to look forward to this season in CFB is if Texas happens to slip up and lose a game at some point he will be all over the horns down train. What is he ever gonna do going forward in the New Big 12 when theres no big bad Texas to root for misfortune after your own team stinks it up and punts the season?

And that's why he is the assistant supply manager.

On 9/26/2023 at 11:25 AM, Evil Bill Obrien said:

my friend group's resident Red Raider alum has gone from "Everything goes through Lubbock" crowing about Joey the ultimate "Nick Saban" level recruiter most of the summer to "Conference Title still on the table" after Wyoming and Oregon loss to "Wake me up when baseball starts" this past Saturday evening after WVU. Kinda sad and now all he has got to look forward to this season in CFB is if Texas happens to slip up and lose a game at some point he will be all over the horns down train. What is he ever gonna do going forward in the New Big 12 when theres no big bad Texas to root for misfortune after your own team stinks it up and punts the season?

don't be stupid, they will still root against Texas even when Texas in the SEC. Like you said, aint like they got shit else to do and I'm pretty sure Texas being in the SEC isn't going to make the average tech student's rejection letter from Texas sting any less.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed

1 hour ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Don’t grift off a dead man who you cheated out of money, Texas Tech Challenge level: impossible….

If Tech honestly reveres and wishes to honor Leach, isn’t writing a big check for his unpaid wages, to his widow, the best way to start? Rather than just using his memory for marketing purposes?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Don’t grift off a dead man who you cheated out of money, Texas Tech Challenge level: impossible….

This is so fucking low. I’m surprised they didn’t have CJK5H say, “Mike Leach is looking up and would be so proud.” No CR 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I just realized Tech lost to WV's back up QB last weekend. Yikes. 

Tech countered the move by trying get our QB1 killed and finishing up with a gimpy QB2.   It was indeed a shitshow.

On 9/25/2023 at 7:02 AM, Harvdog said:

Everyone knows Tech is a blade school. I think Joey was letting all the other knife makers know that the knife championship runs through Lubbock

Now that they have a vet school, they really are aggy of West Texas. 

• Haha 1

Must be something for the tech fans to know most innovative and arguably best football coach they've ever had hates their institution and administration. Sure the fans don't have much say in that, but I guess they've gotta hold their nose while their school tries to fundraise and polish their image on the bones of a dead man who was ass fucked by everyone in power.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Must be something for the tech fans to know most innovative and arguably best football coach they've ever had hates their institution and administration. Sure the fans don't have much say in that, but I guess they've gotta hold their nose while their school tries to fundraise and polish their image on the bones of a dead man who was ass fucked by everyone in power.

image.thumb.png.cf38faa83351eadaea9fbee8b38d1336.png

theres a reason this picture makes me laugh every single time it comes up, its so perfectly encapsulating of everything that is Texas Tech

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I’m surprised they’re not honoring Baker Mayfield too and claiming his Heisman as their own. 

• Hook 'Em 1