LBGTQ

Mo Horn

4 minutes ago, safe sex said:

So now that you've figured out that you don't have all the answers, will you defer to the people who do have the best current answer on how to help trans people?

Nope.  I just lived through a period where "the experts" shut down our society and economy, killed old people, made us wear stupid masks, take stupid experimental shots, and interrupted the development of our kids.  Just three years later, we are finding out that all of that was a farce.

I'd like to see the evidence that demonstrates that this trans movement isn't just a function of social media.  More importantly, where is the data that supports the concept that a parent needs to accept the zero option of a trans kid or a dead kid?  And obviously, there is not going to be much data about the long-term outcome of this recent fad -- but I predict that it will not be good.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 12

5 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Nope.  I just lived through a period where "the experts" shut down our society and economy, killed old people, made us wear stupid masks, take stupid experimental shots, and interrupted the development of our kids.  Just three years later, we are finding out that all of that was a farce.

I'd like to see the evidence that demonstrates that this trans movement isn't just a function of social media.  More importantly, where is the data that supports the concept that a parent needs to accept the zero option of a trans kid or a dead kid?  And obviously, there is not going to be much data about the long-term outcome of this recent fad -- but I predict that it will not be good.

Holy shit. This is one hell of a bit.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

aa339e380e83dcf178aa80262daa48a5.gif

back-away.gif

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

That’s the strangest part of all of this, either you submit to your child’s will or they kill themselves. It’s like raising a Kamikaze pilot.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 6

34 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

image.gif.cd9839418efd400a6b978beb6512193d.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

That’s the strangest part of all of this, either you submit to your child’s will or they kill themselves. It’s like raising a Kamikaze pilot.  

No, that's a false choice and you should be ashamed of your rhetorical skills or lack thereof.  So should DalTx. Parents remain free to act in what they perceive is the best interest of their children.

At least until the GQP can outlaw that parental choice.

Pretty clearly, DalTx is in the thrall of right wing media.  Because this is barely a story outside of Murdoch outlets and the crazy conspiracy sites.  AP has it, and the local STL rags, but that's about it other than the usual suspects.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

No, that's a false choice and you should be ashamed of your rhetorical skills or lack thereof.  Parents remain free to act in what they perceive is the best interest of their children.

At least until the GQP can outlaw that parental choice.

No, I’ve been told by safe sex (feels weird typing that handle) that if I don’t sign off on transitioning my child that they’d hate me, write me off, and quite possibly kill themselves. It’s a hostage situation. 

• Fuck You 8

5 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

No, I’ve been told by safe sex (feels weird typing that handle) that if I don’t sign off on transitioning my child that they’d hate me, write me off, and quite possibly kill themselves. It’s a hostage situation. 

Still that is a third option between death and transition.

I certainly don't advocate that every parent consent to transition.  But I hope to God that parents with children struggling along this line get them psychological help and remain open to the possibilities, even if that ultimately means no transition.

What you seem to be advocating is that the state take away the parental choice in the matter.  That ain't right.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Wow

I have little doubt that some adolescent expressions of sexuality are confused and/or affected or influenced by the fact that various aspects of sexuality and sexual identity are more commonly discussed today, whether that's by social media and "trends," or the GQPs obsessive focus on what goes on in people's private lives, which seems to be putting all of these topics on the front page almost daily.  And, like Kellyanne Conway's daughter, the identification of this hogwash with the GQP means a decent chunk of the adolescent population is going to adopt a controversial stance just to distance themselves from the troglodytes.

Hell, most adolescents don't know up from shootem about anything relating to sexuality, including their own.  So, yeah, some kids that pronounce themselves bi or pan or nonbinary or whatever are going to end up wrong and are just doing it for some sort of attention.  But this is a real and serious problem for some who have suffered in the past because closed-minded people refused to accept it.

But everything I read about gender-affirming care is that it takes pains to sort the pretenders from the truly troubled generally from the truly conflicted about their gender identity.  Ain't no one just grabbing the pinking shears and a syringe full of hormones and going to work on a teen that says "I'm a boy I'm a boy but my Ma won't admit it."

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

I certainly don't advocate that every parent consent to transition.  But I hope to God that parents with children struggling along this line get them psychological help and remain open to the possibilities, even if that ultimately means no transition.
What you seem to be advocating is that the state take away the parental choice in the matter.  That ain't right.

I have little doubt that some adolescent expressions of sexuality are confused and/or affected or influenced by the fact that various aspects of sexuality and sexual identity are more commonly discussed today, whether that's by social media and "trends," or the GQPs obsessive focus on what goes on in people's private lives, which seems to be putting all of these topics on the front page almost daily.
Hell, most adolescents don't know up from shootem about anything relating to sexuality, including their own.  So, yeah, some kids that pronounce themselves bi or pan or nonbinary or whatever are going to end up wrong and are just doing it for some sort of attention.  But this is a real and serious problem for some who have suffered in the past because closed-minded people refused to accept it.
But everything I read about gender-affirming care is that it takes pains to sort the pretenders from the truly troubled generally from the truly conflicted about their gender identity.  Ain't no one just grabbing the pinking shears and a syringe full of hormones and going to work on a teen that says "I'm a boy I'm a boy but my Ma won't admit it."

These. Everything else is bullshit hysteria, used as a flimsy cover to turn one’s feelings of “gays and trannies are icky” into law.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Fuck you. You’re a fucking psychopath and everything you believe is false. I hope you fucking find some good in your remaining years because the shit you just posted is a fucking affront to decent humanity. Fuck off. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

Do you have a dog in this fight?  

Thread related: do you know anyone personally this issue touches?  

You related: did you really attend or graduate from UT?

33 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I’ve never mentioned the state, my angle has always been that I could never allow it as a parent. 

• Fuck You 1

And, again, the Wash U Jamie Reed thing might actually be real. 

But the GQP forces me to fact check everything they advocate, especially if it seems like some kind of perfect dunk on libruls.

And, quite a bit of dirt has been kicked on Ms. Reed's account of things right here in this thread.  And, even if true, it is still a stretch to extrapolate whatever shoddy practices took place at the STL clinic to gender-affirming care more broadly.  There's plenty of shitty docs out there that seem to be willing to sell their Hipppcratic souls down the river, usually for a few extra bucks.  And, on occasion for some political cause, see, e.g. Steven Hotze, MD (who is also a profitable vitamin quack). So, I suppose nothing along that line might suprise me.  But this doesn't seem like a big profit area for these docs.

And, shitty docs don't usually retain their privileges and associations with prestigious institutions very long by doing what's described in her account.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

It's not that you have to accept transition or death, but by refusing to let your child transition (or even just hormone blockers, which isn't necessarily transitioning), you increase the chance of suicide happening. That choice is one you will have to own if the worst should happen. How will you feel about it then?

If your kid is trans and you want to have a good relationship with them, you will support their transition and do everything you can to help them in that aim. Anything less, and you are likely to lose them, whether it be abrupt or over time. Troph has spoken about her relationship with her father. I see it all the time with my patients. If the parents are involved and supportive, the kid will generally start to thrive after starting HRT. If the parents are opposed and unsupportive, the kids typically struggle with jobs, housing, and general life stability.

You're the parent. They're your kid. You want it to be one way, but it's the other way whether you accept it or not

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I’ve never mentioned the state, my angle has always been that I could never allow it as a parent. 

Hence "seem" to be advocating.  Nevertheless, I hope your child (I thought I detected that this is a personal experience for you) is getting good help, even if it doesn't extend to gender-affirming care.  I may not fully agree with your angle, but I respect your choice.

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

And, again, the Wash U Jamie Reed thing might actually be real. 

But the GQP forces me to fact check everything they advocate, especially if it seems like some kind of perfect dunk on libruls.

And, quite a bit of dirt has been kicked on Ms. Reed's account of things right here in this thread.  And, even if true, it is still a stretch to extrapolate whatever shoddy practices took place at the STL clinic to gender-affirming care more broadly.  There's plenty of shitty docs out there that seem to be willing to sell their Hipppcratic souls down the river, usually for a few extra bucks.  And, on occasion for some political cause, see, e.g. Steven Hotze, MD (who is also a profitable vitamin quack). So, I suppose nothing along that line might suprise me.  But this doesn't seem like a big profit area for these docs.

There's no way to make money in trans medicine, outside of boutique surgery for the 0.05% of trans people who are rich. A big percentage of queer people in general and trans people specifically are closer to broke more often than not, because it's really easy to exploit us legally. 

Edited by safe sex
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Bullneck said:

Do you have a dog in this fight?  

Thread related: do you know anyone personally this issue touches?  

You related: did you really attend or graduate from UT?

I am a UT grad.

We have a family friend who had a daughter that "transitioned" around 14-15. She was a very troubled child.  Hard to predict the outcome either way that she went.

I have a deep concern that so many kids are essentially being experimented with these days.  I truly believe that this is a social contagion being dealt with under the guise of "science"

• Fuck You 2

11 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I truly believe that this is a social contagion being dealt with under the guise of "science"

I have conceded that many adolescent declarations of sexuality are probably influenced by something other than their true feelings and physiopsychological makeup.

Are you willing to concede that this is a very real problem for some adolescents that deserves treatment?

And, do you really think that physicians and psychologists are so dedicated to being "woke" that they would compromise their professional ethics and integrity to experiment on adolescents just to advance some agenda?  There are isolated cases of such things (see Steven Hotze), but there are professionals all across the nation that are trying to treat and help people suffering gender dysphoria at no great profit to themselves, and quite some detriment in all likelihood.

And, as mentioned, it appears that most such professionals try very diligently to sort the merely confused from the true sufferers, as you would expect from anyone calling themselves doctor.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

I have conceded that many adolescent declarations of sexuality are probably influenced by something other than their true feelings and physiopsychological makeup.

Are you willing to concede that this is a very real problem for some adolescents that deserves treatment?

And, do you really think that physicians and psychologists are so dedicated to being "woke" that they would compromise their professional ethics and integrity to experiment on adolescents just to advance some agenda?  There are isolated cases of such things (see Steven Hotze), but there are professionals all across the nation that are trying to treat and help people suffering gender dysphoria at no great profit to themselves, and quite some detriment in all likelihood.

I really don't know the answer.  Such a wave is going on out there.  It would be difficult to be on the other side of that wave.  The child custody case in Collin County that got all of the publicity is a really good example.  The wife pediatrician seems to be quite the advocate.

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I have a deep concern that so many kids are essentially being experimented with these days.  I truly believe that this is a social contagion being dealt with under the guise of "science"

You're like two steps away from qanon conspiracy shit man, keep going! You already live in Dallas so I'm sure your neighbor can fill in the rest of the blanks on how scientists are really just looking to experiment on children. 

If you're offended by that, then back some of your claims with evidence that isn't comprised of fucking internet copypasta. For fucks sake, you have this extreme position that you're asserting is reasonable despite being built on blind belief

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

You're like two steps away from qanon conspiracy shit man, keep going! 

i mean granted it's off-topic but i feel like we're all just whistling past this whopper...

...Just three years later, we are finding out that all of that was a farce.

724485020_giphy(1)(15).gif.77d1a138d703287d11d0d9524782ff70.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I really don't know the answer.  Such a wave is going on out there.  It would be difficult to be on the other side of that wave.  The child custody case in Collin County that got all of the publicity is a really good example.  The wife pediatrician seems to be quite the advocate.

Actually, the converse seems to be true.  The wife is mostly silent, while the husband, with political aspirations, is violating a court order by running his mouth about it.  He's also a Don Huffines adherent, which pretty immediately brands him an absolute moron.

Maybe the wife pediatrician, being a medical professional, has an informed opinion.  https://www.texastribune.org/2022/03/14/jeff-younger-transgender-care-house/

The legal details are murky. Divorce records have been sealed, and both parents are under a court-imposed gag order that Younger is openly defying. His ex-wife’s version, according to media coverage from before records were sealed, is a story of a caring parent guiding a child through a complex process: Their child expressed a strong desire to be a girl from a very young age, therapists confirmed it and she began supportive social transitioning and therapy on their recommendation.

Also CPS ruled out any sort of child abuse or endangerment at the hands of wife, and a Collin County judge went ahead and gave her primary custody.  A. Collin.  County.  Judge.  Wife must be a real menace.

Also worth mentioning, there is an allusion to puberty blockers being considered, which husband objected to, as tends to be the right under a divorce decree, and, in the absence of agreement, such treatment has been deferred, which seems to be fairly normal and not a subjective evaluation of the merits of the treatment.

As I have said, I support the right of parents to choose, either way.  I hope that they would be open-minded about it.  I can say, too, that puberty blockers and hormone treatments would make me a mite nervous as a parent, and I can see an otherwise concerned and supportive parent being scared of that.  Safe sex says that development of secondary sexual characteristics can be very traumatic, and I believe her.  It would be a hard thing.  But I would go into it with an open mind.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Actually, the converse seems to be true.  The wife is mostly silent, while the husband, with political aspirations, is violating a court order by running his mouth about it.

Maybe the wife pediatrician, being a medical professional, has an informed opinion.  https://www.texastribune.org/2022/03/14/jeff-younger-transgender-care-house/

Thank you for reminding me! You are correct.  I learned a long time ago that in a divorce proceeding, there are really only two people that know the truth about what happened -- and they usually disagree about it!

2 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Thank you for reminding me! You are correct.  I learned a long time ago that in a divorce proceeding, there are really only two people that know the truth about what happened -- and they usually disagree about it!

And yet, you choose to believe that the woman medical professional wanted to experiment on her child? And proffer it as an anecdote to support your position without a moment of critical thinking about it like you just did?

You make me embarrassed to have a UT diploma on my wall.

Stop and actually think about the shit that you chose to believe. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

And yet, you choose to believe that the woman medical professional wanted to experiment on her child? And proffer it as an anecdote to support your position without a moment of critical thinking about it like you just did?

You make me embarrassed to have a UT diploma on my wall.

Stop and actually think about the shit that you chose to believe. 

Fair enough.  Time will tell what young "Luna" thinks about all of this.

48 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Hence "seem" to be advocating.  Nevertheless, I hope your child (I thought I detected that this is a personal experience for you) is getting good help, even if it doesn't extend to gender-affirming care.  I may not fully agree with your angle, but I respect your choice.

No, you didn’t detect that, you just wanted to be an asshole. It’s cool though, I still think you’re a great poster. 

27 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Actually, the converse seems to be true.  The wife is mostly silent, while the husband, with political aspirations, is violating a court order by running his mouth about it.  He's also a Don Huffines adherent, which pretty immediately brands him an absolute moron.

Also CPS ruled out any sort of child abuse or endangerment at the hands of wife, and a Collin County judge went ahead and gave her primary custody.  A. Collin.  County.  Judge.  Wife must be a real menace.

Also worth mentioning, there is an allusion to puberty blockers being considered, which husband objected to, as tends to be the right under a divorce decree, and, in the absence of agreement, such treatment has been deferred, which seems to be fairly normal and not a subjective evaluation of the merits of the treatment.

As I have said, I support the right of parents to choose, either way.  I hope that they would be open-minded about it.  I can say, too, that puberty blockers and hormone treatments would make me a mite nervous as a parent, and I can see an otherwise concerned and supportive parent being scared of that.  Safe sex says that development of secondary sexual characteristics can be very traumatic, and I believe her.  It would be a hard thing.  But I would go into it with an open mind.

Also, I blew right past this in the article.  Younger's campaign slogan is this:

“The State of Texas is trying to transition my son into a girl.”

That, friends and neighbors, is bullshit of the purest ray serene and pure fucking demagoguery.  He lost all credibility with me right there.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

No, you didn’t detect that, you just wanted to be an asshole. It’s cool though, I still think you’re a great poster. 

No I didn't want to be an asshole. I thought you had said your child was struggling with some similar issues, perhaps I misremembered.

55 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i mean granted it's off-topic but i feel like we're all just whistling past this whopper...

724485020_giphy(1)(15).gif.77d1a138d703287d11d0d9524782ff70.gif

Yeah, you can debate endlessly over whether shutdowns were necessary or effective.  And we'll never know for sure how exactly effective were and are the vaccines at controllng spread.

But to call it all a farce, as if it was all made up, is some Qanon stuff.

• Hook 'Em 2

Yeah, you can debate endlessly over whether shutdowns were necessary or effective.  And we'll never know for sure how exactly effective were and are the vaccines at controllng spread.
But to call it all a farce, as if it was all made up, is some Qanon stuff.

It really raises some creditability concerns, doesn't it?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

No. She is consistent in stating that a transgender child is at high risk for suicide, and that risk is magnified if the parents aren’t supportive of their identification. They are also at a high risk for sexual and physical abuse, substance dependence, and homelessness, oftentimes because of their parents’ response. 

You seem to think parenting has something to do with sexual orientation and gender identity. It doesn’t. 

You should read the accounts of parents who have lived the experience. Many started out thinking as you and come to the realization their child is what they say they are. Many were staunchly conservative and active in their churches. This isn’t a child playing dress up and throwing a fit when they don’t get their way

• Hook 'Em 4

9 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Lol, how did “shutting down our society and economy” (a thing that never actually happened) kill old people? The whole purpose of taking measures to prevent the spread of Covid was to save old people. It was your party openly saying they should die, you fucking moron.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, safe sex said:

It's not that you have to accept transition or death, but by refusing to let your child transition (or even just hormone blockers, which isn't necessarily transitioning), you increase the chance of suicide happening. That choice is one you will have to own if the worst should happen. How will you feel about it then?

Is this the informed consent script you use in clinic?

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2