This is a man. He's over 40. He's a man.

kopp0e

Gundy taking shots at the Boz, lol. We are 100% gonna lose this week, but fuck them, and fuck Boz.

“I was a little scared of Boz. Boz scared me a little bit,” said Gundy, responding to a question from Guerin Emig about his recollection of his first Bedlam in 1986. “Boz was on a different type of artificial nutrition than I was. Period.”

Also Jamele Holieway.

“OU had just won a national championship with one of the best option quarterbacks to ever play college football, and he was a true freshman,” said Gundy. “And he was getting all kinds of fur coats, cars and stuff, so I didn’t see where I fit in. He was on that NIL plan.”

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/mike-gundy-takes-hilarious-shots-at-brian-bosworth-jamelle-holieway-ahead-of-bedlam/

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/15/2022 at 4:05 PM, mdmost said:

Please beat the shit out of OU. We need them even more demoralized. 

Would love to, but not holding my breath.

We're too beat up.  Sanders will play, but won't be 100% and the defense is just decimated by injuries, so I'm expecting OU to put up 40+ and just don't think our offense running at like 60% capacity will be able to keep up, even against the shitty OU defense.

If we were playing at home I'd give us a puncher's chance, but playing on the road will make it tough.

24 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

We're too beat up.  Sanders will play, but won't be 100% and the defense is just decimated by injuries, so I'm expecting OU to put up 40+ and just don't think our offense running at like 60% capacity will be able to keep up, even against the shitty OU defense.

If we were playing at home I'd give us a puncher's chance, but playing on the road will make it tough.

I don't buy this.

It's about fuckin' time for y'all and Gundy to win Bedlam or else okie lite sucks !!!

32 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

This is a conditioned OSU fan when it comes to this game sadly. 

46 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Just like you had no chance against us, you sandbagging son of a bitch. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

How could he have known the penalty count would be 14 to 0?

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Rooting for y'all despite the bullshit.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

That was as surprised as I've been about a game result in years. 

And I do believe that if you go back and look, I said in order to keep it close and have a chance, we would need to get multiple turnovers, which is what happened. :)

So yeah, if OU throws the ball to us 3-4 times then we'll definitely be in a spot to win the game. :) 

2 hours ago, Dewey said:

I'm changing my pick, I forgot this is ou not Texas. That means OSU already quit before the week began. Will play stupid and scared and leave a big skid mark down the middle of Toby Keith field. 

Stern, but fair.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

That was as surprised as I've been about a game result in years. 

And I do believe that if you go back and look, I said in order to keep it close and have a chance, we would need to get multiple turnovers, which is what happened. :)

So yeah, if OU throws the ball to us 3-4 times then we'll definitely be in a spot to win the game. :) 

Stern, but fair.

I mean, ISU gave it to us 5 times, and we got a whopping 3 points off those turnovers, and only because that one occurred in the redzone. So even 3-4 or more turnovers from OU might not mean much. This is feeling like 2009 when Zac Robinson started in Norman coming off a concussion and we were goose-egged. Sanders will play but won't be healthy enough to take over like he has earlier this season. OU sucks but I doubt they play as poorly as ISU did, especially since OU will be at home.

Edited by 'stache

53 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I mean, ISU gave it to us 5 times, and we got a whopping 3 points off those turnovers, and only because that one occurred in the redzone. So even 3-4 or more turnovers from OU might not mean much. This is feeling like 2009 when Zac Robinson started in Norman coming off a concussion and we were goose-egged. Sanders will play but won't be healthy enough to take over like he has earlier this season. OU sucks but I doubt they play as poorly as ISU did, especially since OU will be at home.

I'm not sure I agree with that.

Sanders looked pretty good to me against Iowa State. He was in the game for four drives and produced 10 points; the last two drives we just ran the ball 6 straight times trying to run the clock out.

He may not be 100%, but he's not anywhere near like what Zac Robinson was in 2009 when he basically couldn't throw.

Also consider that Iowa State's defense is *considerably* better than OU's defense, and it's not close.

So to your first point, if Sanders plays that whole game instead of Gundy, even not operating at 100%, it's a complete blowout.

And yeah, OU's offense is considerably better than Iowa State's which is why I think we are unlikely to win.  But if Sanders looks anything like he did against Iowa State and OU *does* turn it over 3-4 times we will absolutely win.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What a fall off the cliff, started 6-1, ended 7-6. 

Im not a fan of Gundy, but that's a hard job. Recruiting mostly 3 stars and anytime you have a good assistant, they're gone after a season. Now the portal and tampering, anytime he has a good player, they gone. Guy has love for his school, give him that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Where the fuck are they playing?  It's all lit up like Sun Devil Stadium in the daytime.  After watching the Birmingham Bowl powered by those yard lights that charge their batteries in the day and then light your front porch at night I'm damn near blinded.

They were playing at Chase Field in Phoenix, the baseball stadium where the Diamondbacks play. 

• Hook 'Em 1

He's the ass.  Simple question.  "Do you anticipate any staff changes?".  The adult answer would be a simple "No decisions have been made" or whatever, like every other coach says.

He’s always been a douchebag, from his playing days forward. When he first started coaching we had a new variation of Leach’s air raid with a no huddle offense that worked pretty well. Now almost 20 years later almost everyone’s doing or done it and we can’t recruit the talent to make it superior. Our offensive plays no longer surprise anyone, and Gundy is Jerry Jones like in his refusal to let an offensive coordinator do his job without interference. Holgy was the last OC to get any autonomy and that was because of Pickens keeping Gundy on a leash.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

We lost to them before Sanders and the other handful of impact players hit the portal. If those guys weren't on the team this season Texas easily wins by 3 or 4 TDs.

Yeah, but they still weren't very good then. My question was rhetorical. I know the history of their season.

3 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Our coach insisted on losing. He went full clown shoes.

This okie state team is pure trash. What an embarrassment to have lost to them. 

This is the answer.

Edited by MuellerHorn

Gundy Threatens to Pull Reporter’s Access Over Presser Question  

Sports Illustrated       Story by Dan Lyons

AA15KrHQ.img?w=612&h=344&m=6&x=424&y=178

Oklahoma State football fell to 7–6 to end the 2022 season, losing the Guaranteed Rate Bowl to Wisconsin on Tuesday night, 24–17.

The loss finishes off a relatively disappointing campaign for Mike Gundy’s Cowboys, which went 12–2 and won the Fiesta Bowl a year ago. Now, a tense back-and-forth between Gundy and a reporter is adding to the tough end to a middling season for the program.

“With the portal now, staff changes happen earlier and earlier in the year… do you anticipate making any changes to your staff between now and the end of the season?” Gundy was asked after the game.

“Do you think I’d tell you if I was making staff changes?” the coach replied. “Then why would you ask?” he continued, cutting off the reporter.

“Because I have to. It’s my job,” the reporter replied.

“Okay, well I might have to cut you out,” Gundy threatened. “I mean, don’t be an ass. Really? I mean, those people’s lives man, those people’s families. Don’t mess with people’s families… It’s not fair to people’s families, man. I’m not mad about the game, I just don’t like ignorance.”

The world of college football coaching is pretty cutthroat, especially after a team with high expectations like Oklahoma State falls off the way the Cowboys did from 2021 to ’22. Most programs can expect at least some level of staff changes on an annual basis. Gundy probably could have declined to comment. Instead, his response added a lot of heat to an already tough situation.  

So typically thin-skinned Gundy is asked a purposefully vague question about his job responsibilities regarding staff. As noted, a professional and mature response is to provide a vague nonanswer. His response is to claim anticipatory martyrdom/victimhood for said vague unidentified staff, and to further escalate by explicitly threatening the reporter (doing his job) with losing access, which would directly impact that guy's career and family. 

Yeah, I can see clearly which one of the two in that interaction is being an ass(hole). Par for the Gundy course.

Okie Lite doesn't need a transfer QB, they need a new HC that knows as much about acting like a man as he does talking about it. He'll always be an albatross to that program.

• Haha 1