Game Day Experience 2022

blacklab

So who was the group of guys wearing long sleeve orange button up shirts with the absolutely terrible shaggy haircuts?

I think those are the frat guys. My brothers in that fraternity and freshman have to wear that. IIRC I don’t think they can get a haircut. Or maybe my brother just didn’t get a haircut when he was a freshman.

Big ticket fuckup. Have season tickets and downloaded the tickets to my apple wallet this morning. When I get to the stadium (1.5 hours early), they weren’t in the wallet. The season ticket site was down, so I couldn’t download them again. Went to ticket resolution window, waited in line for over an hour and finally got printed tickets. About 300 people in line behind us. Some very pissed off people. 
We got in just in time to see our FG.
Still not sure how my tickets disappeared from my apple wallet, but I know now to screen shot them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Big ticket fuckup. Have season tickets and downloaded the tickets to my apple wallet this morning. When I get to the stadium (1.5 hours early), they weren’t in the wallet. The season ticket site was down, so I couldn’t download them again. Went to ticket resolution window, waited in line for over an hour and finally got printed tickets. About 300 people in line behind us. Some very pissed off people. 
Still not sure how my tickets disappeared from my apple wallet, but I know now to screen shot them. 

Site went down nationwide...lots of schools having issues with digital tickets today.

15 hours ago, cabowabo said:

Hadn’t been to a game in a couple of years. Who thinks the constant blasting of shitty music during breaks is a good thing?  At a minimum, just turn it down a bit. And Bob Cole can lick my sweaty ass. I fucking hate that bitch. 

I've become tolerant of the music during TV timeouts and other breaks.  Last week they pumped it out in between every single defensive play, which was just godawful.  Seems like they at least quit doing that yesterday....or if so, it was drowned out by actual crowd noise.

Stating the obvious, that was in the Top 1% of home crowds ever, rivaling UH 1990, and unless I'm overlooking once, easily the best DKR Day Game experience ever (using 1985 as my baseline of continuous attendance).

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

I didn’t pay attention on TV but did the rich people stay in their seats or did they go to their air conditioned area.

It was the most full I’ve ever seen it but that’s not saying much.  it was hot as fuck so I can’t blame anyone that went into the clubs to cool down. I was in my seat the whole game but did go inside to cool down at halftime. My buddy I took to the game took a few more breaks (and beer). The weird part was a bunch of empty seats midway through the game in the west side upper deck chair back seats, so the good seats. Everything else up there looked full from my view on the east side.

43 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

I've become tolerant of the music during TV timeouts and other breaks.  Last week they pumped it out in between every single defensive play, which was just godawful.  Seems like they at least quit doing that yesterday....or if so, it was drowned out by actual crowd noise.

Stating the obvious, that was in the Top 1% of home crowds ever, rivaling UH 1990, and unless I'm overlooking once, easily the best DKR Day Game experience ever (using 1985 as my baseline of continuous attendance).

Yeah that was the best Game Day experience ever IMO. I didn’t think it was quite as loud as a few other games, particularly the UH game but maybe we are just getting old and can’t hear anymore. I’m in the east side club seats and we were standing the entire time for the first time ever. Great day.

• Hook 'Em 1

damn that stadium was loud and rocking yesterday! Loudest gameday environment since Missouri 08 and the fact that it was so hot made the crowd's participation even more impressive.

We had a parking pass which was huge, but that was the easiest/quickest ingress and egress I've ever had for a Texas game. Getting parked, into the stadium and to our seats, then back to the car and on the road after the game was so easy. Great home environment

Echo that it was the best environment I've seen at DKR although I was 10 when I attended UH 90 game so tough to compare.  But starting from tailgate scene across campus at peak party mode by 8:30AM to our typically lame crowd that was loud as hell all game in the sun and heat.   I knew it would be a good atmosphere but still pretty surprised it was sustained for an 11AM kick in the heat.  

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, EZ$ said:

My buddy had the same problem. 

Best gameday scene I’ve seen at DKR in a long long time. We were in a friend’s seats 4 rows up on east side on about north 35 yl and it was intense. Hot as fuck but no one sat down the whole game and everyone really into it. Fucking refs and fucking dirty cheating bama. Can’t believe they hurt our qb again.

Amazing atmosphere.  Even before the game it seemed like there was a lot of optimism from fans.  

Seconded on the ingress/egress that poster above stated.  

One thing that seemed new was the announcer starting the Texas Fight chants. I might get negged…but  I actually liked it and was done at the right times in the game.

Refs need to be held more accountable (wash, repeat)

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Sleepygrad said:

damn that stadium was loud and rocking yesterday! Loudest gameday environment since Missouri 08 and the fact that it was so hot made the crowd's participation even more impressive.

We had a parking pass which was huge, but that was the easiest/quickest ingress and egress I've ever had for a Texas game. Getting parked, into the stadium and to our seats, then back to the car and on the road after the game was so easy. Great home environment

I agree.  We park at Foundation Garages on San Jac and I was fully expecting a 90 min wait to get out, ala ND in 2016.  I’m thinking lots of folks went to see Flo Rida after game. 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

Amazing atmosphere.  Even before the game it seemed like there was a lot of optimism from fans.  

Seconded on the ingress/egress that poster above stated.  

One thing that seemed new was the announcer starting the Texas Fight chants. I might get negged…but  I actually liked it and was done at the right times in the game.

Disagree with that.  The cheerleaders with their signs were perfectly capable of doing that back before they were drowned out by the av constantly.  Go back to doing that.

Also, wtf was up with the announcer trying to start the lame Go Horns Go chant pregame in lieu of Texas Fight?

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

The overall atmosphere was great. Parking in the East Campus garage though was an absolute clusterfuck. Waited in line for 20+ minutes as people were trying to funnel from multiple directions to the garage entrance without any traffic control just to find out once you got there that the garage was full - presumably due to cash pay filling it despite knowing how many parking passes have been sold. Told it was full by 9:15 and the guy standing at the closed entrance said to go to the softball fields, all the while being oblivious to the long line of cars coming from the opposite way blocking the road going from the garage to the softball field AND that the softball field lot was full as well. Once we fought our way over there to find that out, we were told to go drive to a different grass lot back near where we had initially hit the line to get in the garage in the first place. Just a terribly organized shit show for parking there. Thankfully, because we parked in a grass lot in BFE, getting out was no problem.

Foundation parking this year seems like a total clusterfuck, even with all the marked zones.  I dunno.  And then for as smooth as entry was at ULM, it was a poopshow for Alabama.  Anyway, if anybody wants my parking pass for UTSA, you can have it for $50 just to cover gas for me to give it to you and pick it back up that night/Sunday morning.  It's not a foundation pass though and you can't use it for ADA parking.  

Edited by YGIFS

Went to Notre Dame at Ohio State game last week and was in attendance yesterday.  Even after accounting for having rooting interest / controlling for levels of intoxication, in-game noise and atmosphere was better at DKR and it wasn’t even close.  That was fucking awesome.  A good reminder of how fun this shit can be if we get it rolling.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I will be calling the foundation tomorrow and demand paper tickets for the rest of the season. That was some bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk