Bomani Jones just laid down the law re: Vince Young

Goo Punch

26 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

So, serious question. As Bomani mentioned, we’re there really no black players in the 60s and 70 championship team? (Paging RD???) I wasn’t a UT fan until I went to school there and I’m sometimes lacking in the history of the program.

1969 Texas was the last all-white team that won an MNC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Bomani is from Texas, right? Over the last few years I noticed, via Twitter, that he always paid close attention to Texas on Saturdays.  He was really invested in Charlie and wanted him to succeed.

Yes, Bomani is a huge Texas fan. He lived in Houston growing up.

24 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Bomani is from Texas, right? Over the last few years I noticed, via Twitter, that he always paid close attention to Texas on Saturdays.  He was really invested in Charlie and wanted him to succeed.

They have the same freak fingers/hands

34721575_10156452828559182_7377736444149

20 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

That guy said Texas" hadn't done much since Young left"? WTF - did I hear that right? Then who was Colt McCoy?

Otherwise he was pretty much spot on.

I was thinking the same thing.  It must be a hell of a deal though, having as great a career as Colt did knowing he'd always be compared to Vince.

1 hour ago, Goodman said:

The 2004 Rose Bowl followed by @osu, TX/ou and the Rose Bowl were a glorious time for us fans. 

With that said, the 2004 TX/ou game is one of the all time lows for me as a fan. 

Well, chalk up that embarrassment along with all those 60+ point humiliations against BlowU to GDGD and FUPM.....

Edited by Armybrat

5 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

He's from Waller, TX. His parents were/are profs at Prairie View A&M.

5 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Can't imagine why

7 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

So, serious question. As Bomani mentioned, we’re there really no black players in the 60s and 70 championship team? (Paging RD???) I wasn’t a UT fan until I went to school there and I’m sometimes lacking in the history of the program.

He is right. We had black players on campus, they had just been recruited. But they were Freshmen and back in 1969 Freshmen could not play.

The 1970 championship team was the first UT team with black players on it.

8 hours ago, GHOST HORN said:

That 70-3 Big XII championship game was sick.  Love it how they passed out roses to all the players before the game ended.

FIFY-those roses could have been passed out at halftime as Klatt and co. were hoping for a running clock in the second half.

Nice to see someone in the media gets it re: VY.

10 hours ago, GHOST HORN said:

That 70-3 Big XII championship game was sick.  Love it how they passed out roses to all the players after the game.

It's also nice to someone in the media who understands what an incredible game VY and Texas played that day. 70-3 at a neutral site CCG, when the greatest college QB anyone's ever seen sat down just after the start of the second half. We coulda put 110 on 'em if we wanted.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Caracara said:

I'm still not satisfied.  VY best college QB ever. Could have been NFL HOFer. Jeff Fisher should be in jail.

Yep. That shit's gonna stick in my craw til I die. What happened to VY in the NFL at the hands of that POS oughtta be punishable with prison time. VY changed the NFL game. He just didn't get to enjoy it by playing that way himself in the NFL.

Our sorta adopted/mentored third "son" is a RB at Anderson and hadn't really been exposed to VY's on-field exploits all that much (just as Bomani refers to in the video), so I started showing him some highlight reels a couple days ago. His jaw dropped on the first play, and kept dropping over and over and over. He just stared in shocked disbelief at what he was seeing a 6'5" 240# man do to guys who were supposed to be faster, stronger, or more explosive than him. Then he said he wanted to see his HS clips, and googled em up. He was even more blown away.

VY is the best football player I've ever seen play the game. Watching it hasn't been the same for me since he stopped playing. Esp the NFL. When I see players half as good at what VY did, running the kind of offenses VY was put on this earth to run, it just makes me sick that he never got that chance. A league that had no place or way for him to show what he could do isn't much of a league imho.

• Like 9

Deshaun Watson and VY were my 2 favorite college football players of all time. I was and still am pissed that the Texans didn’t draft VY with the first pick in the draft allowing that piece of shit Jeff Fisher to ruin his career. The only time I’ve rooted against the Texans is when VY came to Reliant in his rookie year. VY paved the way for guys like Deshaun and when I was watching Deshaun last season with the Texans I always thought what might have been with VY in a Texans uni.

• Like 2