• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

yeah, saw one of those at a Frankford and DNT gas station yesterday....idiocy. 

As a retired global oil and gas executive, I can assure you that the high prices at the pump have very little to do with whoever is in the White House. 

The immediate causes are far more complex, driven by geopolitics, seasonal issues, the general supply chain constraints, some supply still constrained after hurricane season, a huge temporary natural gas issue in Europe, geopolitics, and other factors.

What’s more, in the long term, chronic underspending in global exploration, driven by short term investor syndrome, as well as a turn away from traditional exploration by some of the majors, means that the supply pressures will continue to be significant. Renewable energy is great,  but we can’t get to 100% (or even 20%) renewables for quite some time, no matter how much we spend on it. 

$80-$90 crude is probably a good range, IMHO. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, nnm said:

As a retired global oil and gas executive, I can assure you that the high prices at the pump have very little to do with whoever is in the White House. 

The immediate causes are far more complex, driven by geopolitics, seasonal issues, the general supply chain constraints, some supply still constrained after hurricane season, a huge temporary natural gas issue in Europe, geopolitics, and other factors.

What’s more, in the long term, chronic underspending in global exploration, driven by short term investor syndrome, as well as a turn away from traditional exploration by some of the majors, means that the supply pressures will continue to be significant. Renewable energy is great,  but we can’t get to 100% (or even 20%) renewables for quite some time, no matter how much we spend on it. 

You said “geopolitics” twice. 

37 minutes ago, nnm said:

spacer.png

• Haha 6

Well if one man is in charge of all global commodity pricing, then I would sure like to talk to somebody about pork bellies 'cause this bacon shortage is some bullshit.  

And I don't wanna hear from Duke & Duke, I want to go all the way up to the top of this global ordeal.  

48 minutes ago, nnm said:

the "are you fucking kidding me" gesture the kid does so subtly with his left hand is the best part.   

Kid handled it really well.  His father, however, probably beat the ump's ass later on that day.

18 hours ago, nnm said:

Might I invite you over to the Oil Barons thread, sir?

16 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

The best part is 0:16 when he yells, "Greg, fucking stop."  Because of the logo, holy shit---that was funny (I mean, if nobody got seriously hurt).

Also, Madison above seems like a nice girl.  Is she at Barton Springs Pool?  I may need to head down there later to look, uh...for some, uh.....some eggs.