• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

7 hours ago, Underdog said:

How often do you ladies go camping?  Asking for a friend.

About every other month. We're part of the "Adventure Princess" organization, and our campouts usually have about 60 dads and 90 daughters.

During the campouts, the girls doing whatever it is that they do. Dads play cornhole during the day and drink around the campfire at night.

There's about a 20 minute frenzy when the girls make their s'mores, then go back to doing whatever it is that they do and dads keep drinking.

It's a terrible time. Don't recommend if for the moms and wives.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Superhero said:

About every other month. We're part of the "Adventure Princess" organization, and our campouts usually have about 60 dads and 90 daughters.

During the campouts, the girls doing whatever it is that they do. Dads play cornhole during the day and drink around the campfire at night.

There's about a 20 minute frenzy when the girls make their s'mores, then go back to doing whatever it is that they do and dads keep drinking.

Accurate user name is accurate. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, Superhero said:

My BIL did this with his daughters when they were young (it was called Indian Princesses back then). Awesome program. The girls still talk about it.

Pro tip to you dads of young daughters:  if you want to avoid your daughters ending up on seeking arrangements, spend time with them doing things like this. Helps to avoid (sugar) daddy issues later. 

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

My BIL did this with his daughters when they were young (it was called Indian Princesses back then). Awesome program. The girls still talk about it.

Pro tip to you dads of young daughters:  if you want to avoid your daughters ending up on seeking arrangements, spend time with them doing things like this. Helps to avoid (sugar) daddy issues later. 

So it’s not called Indian Princesses anymore? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. We had great Indian Princess groups with both of my daughters. Fun times.

I haven't thought about those organizations in years.  Before Cub Scouting, like pre-K through 1st grade IIRC...we had Indian Guides and the girls had Indian Princesses.  I remember is in the winter we did stained glass artwork and in the Fall and Spring, we went fishing.  And the whole time, our dads smoked and drank like it was the French & Indian War and a doctor was coming to saw off one of their limbs.  But they were good times.  Indian Guides made me want to join Cub Scouts which made me wanna join Boy Scouts.  It'd be a shame if Indian Guides wasn't around anymore.  I know it's not here in Austin anyway, thanks a lot Steve Adler!

2 hours ago, HouTex said:

So it’s not called Indian Princesses anymore? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. We had great Indian Princess groups with both of my daughters. Fun times.

For the girls, we changed the name to Adventure Princesses because it's more culturally sensitive, and honestly we don't do a whole lot of "Indian" stuff except for the words "chief" and "tribes". Not sure it applies to every nation.

I'm going on a campout with my son next weekend. This is my first activity with the Indian Guides. I guess this group hasn't gotten the memo yet.

Yeah, camping with the kids is a lot of fun. Somewhat joking about the girls doing their own thing while the dads hang around drinking. I've done about 10 campouts now, there's usually some combination of archery, BB guns, zip lines, rock claiming, rockets, hikes and orienteering. Fun times that we can look back on.

Edited by Superhero

14 minutes ago, Superhero said:

For the girls, we changed the name to Adventure Princesses because it's more culturally sensitive, and honestly we don't do a whole lot of "Indian" stuff except for the words "chief" and "tribes". Not sure it applies to every nation.

I'm going on a campout with my son next weekend. This is my first activity with the Indian Guides. I guess this group hasn't gotten the memo yet.

Yeah, camping with the kids is a lot of fun. Somewhat joking about the girls doing their own thing while the dads hang around drinking. I've done about 10 campouts now, there's usually some combination of archery, BB guns, zip lines, rock claiming, rockets, hikes and orienteering. Fun times that we can look back on.

We were involved with "Y Guides" before Cub Scouts.  

This sounds awesome. Kinda upset I hadn’t heard of this sooner
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I always told my ex-wife after watching her give birth to our son, "there's things I've seen about you, you'll never know about yourself, and trust me, you don't want to know"

I have seen my wife's guts and entrails.  She has not nor ever will.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I always told my ex-wife after watching her give birth to our son, "there's things I've seen about you, you'll never know about yourself, and trust me, you don't want to know"

Yup. Things happen during the birthing process that need to stay in that room. But somehow we keep going back for more.