Other Games Thread 2022 edition

shadow_operative2.0

11 hours ago, 40acredropout said:

He was all Billy badass when they knocked the shit out of him on the sideline.  Jumping up, stepping over defender, pumping his chest.  Boy, did things go poorly for him to just not even try on the last play down 7 points.  Whadda bitch. 

The best part was that he did this after he was still one yard short of the first down.  He acted like he had just scored a last-second, game winning TD.

• Haha 1

UAB @ WKU tonight looks like it could be a good game. The teams are tied for 2nd place in CUSA at 2-1. (Along with FAU). I haven’t seen UAB play yet this year but it’s great they’re back playing football again. WKU took Indiana to OT before losing 33-30. (Sure, IU sucks but they were supposed to win that game and almost didn’t. They gave Michigan a run for their money a few weeks later.) Plus the game will be played on the red turf (which isn’t exactly a reason to tune in but there it is.)

8 PM ET CBSSN
WKU -1.5
O/U 60.5

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

I will be watching…

A50FA85D-291F-47F5-BEFD-8CE8879AB157.thumb.jpeg.0219cba7317e31a640a33f6f08305d80.jpeg

Better than October NBA, October NHL, and I don’t care about baseball. 

Princeton is undefeated man. So that’s cool. And they stole the Bengals unis so that’s also interesting. Go Princeton! School those Harvard fucks! 

• Haha 2

UAB retakes the lead 10-7 on a possession that had only two plays for positive yes. One was on 3rd and 10 when a defender left his gap and the RB rushed for 70+ yds to make it 1st and goal. They traded a false start and a 5 yd rush, one incompletion and a sack and settled for 3. The UAB starting QB got hurt in the 1sr and the backup is in. 

UAB leads 17-10 at the half.

After getting a stop, WKY took over with 7:00+ left and moved the ball efficiently down the field to the UAB 18. On 1st down they threw the ball inside the 5 where it was topped and apparently intercepted. That got overturned. Then on 2nd down a false start moved them back 5. Then they threw another dangerous pass that almost got picked off but fell incomplete. Then on 3rd down a facemask penalty moved them back 15. So they ran for a few yards up the middle and kicked the FG. WKU has committed some stupid penalties at really inopportune times but they’re still in the game.

Also, former Buckeye safety Donte Whitner is doing color commentary. I didn’t know he’d gotten into broadcasting. He mentioned something that his DB coach Mel Tucker taught him when he was in school. He’s doing a good job. 

WKU takes a 20-17 lead. They got a stop to open the half then drove methodically down the field, mostly on the ground, including one 4th down conversion. Then on a 2nd or 3rd down the QB had all the time in the world in the pocket. No one came close. He wound up throwing to his outlet guy for a loss of a few he’s. There was a hole I front of him you could drive a semi through and lots of open grass in front of him. He could’ve run it almost to the goal. They settled for 3.

Then they recovered a UAB fumble and returned it inside the 10. Two plays later they scored on the QB sneak.

This has been a pretty decent game. I’ll bet it will come down to the wire as the oddsmakers predicted.

Well, WKU holds on for the 20-17 win. They were playing  conservatively, mostly running the ball, and punted it away a couple of times. It looked like it might  backfire when UAB drove down the field with a couple of big gainers by McBride. Then, down 3 and in FG goal range they got greedy and threw to the end zone where it got picked off. Probably not the best throw to ask your backup QB to make. Maybe he didn’t see the black clad defender in the black end zone. (It was a blackout game.) With still something like 5:50 left, the UAB run D looked pretty frazzled and WKU was able to keep it on the ground and run out the clock.

After tomorrow WKU will be tied for 2nd place in CUSA with the loser of the UTSA-North Texas game. 

Curious to see how the Syracuse v Clemson game shakes out. Clemson is not a CFP team but I still would love to see Syracuse take them out. 

Love to see Miss St stick another fork in Bama as well. Neither thing will probably happen but they both still could and that’s why I love college football. 

2 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Boring slate of morning games.

Boring yes, but I heard the play by play announcer say the following about Kansas in the Kansas-Baylor game.  I was half listening and had to rewind to make sure I heard what I heard:

“Window dressing and eye candy, it’s like a field trip to Amsterdam.”

I did a Mark Cuban meme when I heard it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2