Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

29 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

You think Colt sat against Bama to protect his draft stock? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah okay dude

17 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

He didn’t come back because his arm didn’t work. It was widely reported at the time that he could complete a throw across the training room to his dad.

I said rumored to have. We all love Colt, but one quick google reveals the questions were out there.

• Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

Jesus Fucking Christ. You need to kill yourself, immediately. 

2 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

His comment is quite seriously the single worst take I have ever seen on this board

And again. Rumored to have. Your reading comprehension is terrible. It's not my personal opinion at all. However, it was circulating enough that people felt the need to address it.

• Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Just going to add fuel to this fire but I do recall hearing some stuff about Colts dad not wanting him to go back in because of draft.

Exactly. It's not like I am saying it was true. I personally didn't believe it and argued with plenty of people who did. My post history is out there.

Edited by Thatguy
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I said rumored to have. We all love Colt, but one quick google reveals the questions were out there.

Dumb rumors float around the internet over any topic you can think of. Thats why sourcing is important. Some mouth breather on TexAgs could have started the rumor and it’s going to end up on Google. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

And again. Rumored to have. Your reading comprehension is terrible. It's not my personal opinion at all. However, it was circulating enough that people felt the need to address it.

doubling down on a dumb take with reinforcing it with even dumber supporting evidence ? 

Bold strategy cotton, lets see how it works out for you 

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

image.thumb.png.3de30636e82e1778e6e3e9adfef12e7c.png

Some Rumors are so retarded you ignore them. Have some common sense dude. 

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Dumb rumors float around the internet over any topic you can think of. Thats why sourcing is important. Some mouth breather on TexAgs could have started the rumor and it’s going to end up on Google. 

Ding Ding Ding

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Nah if wouldn't pull up under Colt but rather Cart if it came from TexAgs 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Colt had GDGD. Quinn has Sark. Colt will have more wins ultimately if Quinn leaves early which everyone expects him to do. Colt will have been in a MNC/almost got us to a second one. We may or may not get to a CCG or a CFP this year. We don’t know when Quinn is coming back this season. 

If we are comparing just based on body of work Colt’s “body of work” is better. Quinn won’t be playing here his full eligibility so unless he takes us to a CCG and wins it (which should put us in the CFPs if we don’t drop any games) I can’t compare the two really. There are some similarities but it’s about wins and losses for me. No Question Colt had continuity of coaching staff and a great roster for the most part. But as far as style of play and statistics it’s kinda a bullshit comparison to me I guess. Obviously I have more attachment to Colt. Fond memories for the most part and all that of UT football at the time even though it didn’t end with another MNC. I haven’t grown as attached to Quinn because we’ve all heard he is going pro asap and it’s hard for me to get attached to a QB that’s not been here that long and isn’t going to stay that long. He’s grown on me for sure…but last year I was frustrated with him and it turns out that frustration was rooted in truth as he himself said he wasn’t taking things as seriously as he should.

Hope he recovers quickly and is able to play on the level that we have seen him play like he did at Bama this year. 

• Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

First, K-Rob ran the ensuing kickoff back to like the 50. On 1st down we checked it down to Brooks, who is shiftier than Baxter and made the first man miss. 8 yards. Then we went fast and ran a WR screen to Worthy and picked up another 1st. Then we came back with the same screen and Worthy, who would've been tackled at the LOS made a move and picked up 10. After that is when the shenanigans happened. Basically if we used the short passing game as our extended run game we were fine. All this was done out of 11 personnel.

When we started the game UH came out in the 3-3-5 but when we went heavy they presented us this. Essentially they spun down defenders into the box to handle the extra run personnel as we were showing them 12(two tight ends and one back). That left them with a single high safety and a corner looking like he was in press man vs one of the fastest WRs in college football(bottom of your screen).

Worthy1.thumb.png.b7b3b2703fd0a7ad7cc549faeb0aef9a.png

We ran the same counter look, pulling the guard TE combo that we showed earlier but this time Ewers pulls it. UH is biting on the playfake, effectively freezing the single high safety just long enough that he can't get over the top. Looks like UH tried to show press and bail out of it as the DB turned and ran at the snap with even thinking about pressing.

Worthy2.thumb.png.8393acfe0bd73818eb22fe18be503d94.png

Safety is out of the pic and Worthy has erased any advantage dude had when he tried to turn and bail vs one of the fastest players in college football.

Screenshot(443).thumb.png.2581203b25c0b033ba165e3b112e5e17.png

Not that it mattered if the safety was closer because QE threw and absolute dime here, hitting him right in stride.

Screenshot(444).thumb.png.88de986b452a86690624982cb0d73d34.png

UH looked like they didn't believe Ewers could throw like that but they soon made an adjustment and stayed in true 3-3-5 flyover no matter what personnel package we rolled out. Below is us in back in the aforementioned 12 personnel and they now have 3 safeties deep. They would rather roll the dice against the run game vs the quick strike death of Mitchell or Worthy over the top.

Screenshot(445).thumb.png.b239cbc58187cc082fc867bdfefb5065.png

Same thing here as well.

Screenshot(446).thumb.png.a9374a241986e9d92bc4919c35f91ec8.png

Even here when we are in 11 personnel they have 3 guys a full 15 yards off the ball.

Screenshot(447).thumb.png.b108d06e816beffac42b76da23859100.png

Once again, we needed to be able to force them out of that. We were able to punish them when they tried to get numbers in the box and left them a little light on the back end. We have to be able to punish them for leaving the box light as well. So when we see this and we say QE checked it down a bazillion times, there is the reason why. UH kept 3 deep and were dropping their second level to squeeze QE's throwing windows.

The lack of the Big 12 package in the 2nd half was odd (Agbo at TE). It was very effective for the offense. Going big has been Sark's move since last year vs the 3 high look. He starting to pass out of it. I am guessing that is going to be the predominant look vs ISU and KSU.. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Codaxx said:

The lack of the Big 12 package in the 2nd half was odd (Agbo at TE). It was very effective for the offense. Going big has been Sark's move since last year vs the 3 high look. He starting to pass out of it. I am guessing that is going to be the predominant look vs ISU and KSU.. 

I sure as shit hope so! We need to punish teams for having the audacity to line up a 3 man front vs that. Line up and run it at all the small numbers on the edge. If we do that I think we should be fine. Then it is up to MM to take care of the ball.

13 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

people keep referencing this, but it’s a disingenuous comparison. colt’s sophomore year was an outlier (he was coming off a neck injury and he lost his nfl o-line from his freshman year, plus his team was arguably worse than the year prior, as opposed to his team being far better as is the case with QE) and more importantly, Colt was placed *second* in the rocky mountain news headman poll when he got hurt as a freshman. colt was arguably (definitely?) more polished as a redshirt frosh than QE is right now, he just never had QE’s hype or physical skills. footwork, timing, accuracy, pocket presence, mastery of the offense, and so on and so forth, they all go in Colt’s favor. so whereas Colt took a step *down* in season two at Texas for various reasons, QE has taken a giant leap forward this year, and yet we keep comparing their two seasons as if it indicates that they’re on the same track, when they’re really not.

colt as a freshman: looked to be a heisman finalist before going down 

as a sophomore: outlier year coming off injury and playing behind an inferior OL 

as a junior: all american heisman finalist 

as a senior: all american heisman finalist 

one QB played at a heisman level as freshman and outside of his sophomore year maintained that level of play. the other QB has never looked like a heisman contender and still has lots of work to go before he is Colt’s equal in pretty much everything that isn’t arm talent. i think we should tap the brakes on this comp. all it’s really showing is that the worst version of colt looked pretty similar on paper to the best version of QE.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 8

11 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Don’t forget that Colt was a damn good running QB as well. We were spoiled by VY but Colt was no slouch and his legs bailed us out especially with the bad O-line in 09.
Completely different player than Ewers.

colt led the team in rushing one season. both a shoutout to his will and skills, and an indictment on the abject laziness of our coaching staff post-NC victory.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Colt had GDGD. Quinn has Sark.

Thank you. This is the biggest difference. Casey Thompson had a 154.7 passer rating (Quinn at 163.8 this season) in his season with Sark - on a 5 win Texas team that had dick at wideout outside of Worthy and an offensive line nowhere near as good as this season's. And obviously, Quinn posted a much lower 132.6 last season. Card had a 158.1.

Y'all want to know what Tua and Mac Jones (who looks like a total JAG now in the NFL) had in their 2 seasons under Sark at Bama? A 206.9 and a 203.1. 

Sure - Sark has split duties now and Bama had a bit more talent - but Quinn posting a 163.8 is passable to pretty good - it isn't impressive, at all - and using it to compare him to Colt is fucking heresy. It's a completely disingenuous comparison that only serves to give Quinn a pass for as meh as he's been this season outside of the Bama game. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Then what are we even talking about. This started with a stat post comparing them for 7 games in their redshirt sophomore season. What’s the point of that? It tells us nothing. You can’t hand wave away Colt’s success because he played for a good team. Greg Davis was calling his plays lol. Colt never had a group of weapons like this team has. 

It’s been so fucking long there are now people here that actually hold GDGD in high regard. It’s sickening. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, B00M said:

It’s been so fucking long there are now people here that actually hold GDGD in high regard. It’s sickening. 

Lighten up francis gif, all I was saying was greg davis offenses put up a metric fuck ton of points and stats. I would take it again in a heartbeat. We aren't this juggernaut historically that just wins conference championships, heismans, thorpe awards, or national championships. I was simply stating that what Sark is doing currently is fine with me, ugly or not lol. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Lighten up francis gif

I refuse. That fat fucking regard is a huge part of why we’ve been wandering through the wilderness since 2009 and we have 3 total all time B12 titles. Greg Davis was not and is not our standard. 

IMG_0314.jpeg

IMG_0316.jpeg

Edited by B00M
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

colt led the team in rushing one season. both a shoutout to his will and skills, and an indictment on the abject laziness of our coaching staff post-NC victory.

Uh, there was a time when QBs leading their teams in rushing wasn't a crazy thing...  this was during that time.

3 minutes ago, B00M said:

I refuse. That fat fucking regard is a huge part of why we’ve been wandering through the wilderness since 2009 and we have 3 total all time B12 titles. Greg Davis was not and is not our standard. 

IMG_0314.jpeg

IMG_0316.jpeg

It's mack's fault aint it? Sark eats a lot of shit for PK. Mack was our second best coach ever, hear me out here, what if our standard isn't what we think it is? Just spit balling lol. 

• Rage+1 1

21 minutes ago, B00M said:

There was a time when GDGD was actually our standard... as a matter of fact, until Mack Brown got his grubby fingers all in the mix, 40ppg was our standard... which we haven't hit since.

I am a high regard often.

• Hook 'Em 1

Holy shit some of you seem to also have forgotten that we had two of the greatest college QBs of all time back-to-back over a 6 (six and a half maybe) season stretch. As soon as Colt left we scored 24 ppg, GD fucking resigned and then went to Iowa for 5 years starting in 2012 where the Hawkeyes put up a blistering 19, 26, 28, 31 and 25 ppg. 

Greg Davis got shutout in the Cotton Bowl with fucking Vince Young at QB. In 2009 we put up 16 against OU and 13 against Nebraska. 

QB play in college has a massive amount of influence on offensive success. Almost assuredly more than any other one factor - including scheme and playcalling. If you're a badass college QB your team is going to score points. Especially when you have competent line play and weapons like Texas did during the 2000s and has had this season. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Holy shit some of you seem to also have forgotten that we had two of the greatest college QBs of all time back-to-back over a 6 (six and a half maybe) season stretch. As soon as Colt left GD fucking resigned and then went to Iowa for 5 years starting in 2012 where the Hawkeyes put up a blistering 19, 26, 28, 31 and 25 ppg. 

Greg Davis got shutout in the Cotton Bowl with fucking Vince Young at QB. In 2009 we put up 16 against OU and 13 against Nebraska. 

QB play in college has a massive amount of influence on offensive success. Almost assuredly more than any other one factor - including scheme and playcalling. If you're a badass college QB your team is going to score points. Especially when you have competent line play and weapons like Texas did during the 2000s and has had this season. 

That's a shit load of points for Iowa bud. Great argument otherwise. Have you seen their offense this year? 

Comedy Central Mm GIF by Workaholics

Ole Greggy boy put up 26 ppg and 28 ppg at Iowa with, checks notes, Jake Rudock. what about 28 ppg with Nathan Stanley? who the fuck are those guys? lol 

Edited by WinningIsHard
yikes

Ewers to Colt is a comparison that just should not be made.

One thing that has not been included in these discussions is that Ewers has still just played 14 games.  I realize that excuse is not endless, but he really has just completed his freshman season if we're being fair.  He's had a lot of ups and downs, but the ceiling is probably high - unfortunately it is not going to happen in Austin.  That is frustrating, but c'est la vie.

30 minutes ago, Hate said:

I guess I just blame Mack more than I do GDGD.

And that's fair. GDGD didn't eat an animal cracker until Mack told him to. GDGD was barely .500 with any other HC, and was horrible as OC. Our offense was 96.2746% Mack, GDGD trained the O and ran what Mack told him to run, period. As we can see with Old Mack at UNC, he (Mack) is not a bad offensive mind, just a lying asshole. And that's fair.

Edited by Tex Long

7 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

And that's fair. GDGD didn't eat an animal cracker until Mack told him to. GDGD was barely .500 with any other HC, and was horrible as OC. Our offense was 96.2746% Mack, GDGD trained the O and ran what Mack told him to run, period. As we can see with Old Mack at UNC, he (Mack) is not a bad offensive mind, just a lying asshole. And that's fair.

After the passage of time my opinion now is that GDGD ran a shit offense that was nevertheless very well executed.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Of course there were ‘questions’ on the goddamn internet, there’s a fuckton of people out there every bit as fucking stupid as you…

I love bitchass mfkers talking mad shit on the internet knowing damn well your soft ass is a pussy in real life. Lol. When I showed up to the tailgate not a one of y'all said a got-damned thing. Everybody was all smiles and fist bumps. Typical. Soon as you get home and set your security system to make sure you are safe from the big bad black man, you pull out your keyboard and start talking tough. As soon as you leave the house though, you clutch your pearls.

Listen. There were rumors swirling around in the actual REAL WORLD that Colt's pops told him to shut it down. Not just on the internet. Here is the Dallas Morning News writing about it. Maybe you just weren't paying attention at the time.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-longhorns/2010/01/26/father-knows-best-colt-mccoy-s-character-shouldn-t-be-taking-a-hit/

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

24 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I love bitchass mfkers talking mad shit on the internet knowing damn well your soft ass is a pussy in real life. Lol. When I showed up to the tailgate not a one of y'all said a got-damned thing. Everybody was all smiles and fist bumps. Typical. Soon as you get home and set your security system to make sure you are safe from the big bad black man, you pull out your keyboard and start talking tough. As soon as you leave the house though, you clutch your pearls.

Listen. There were rumors swirling around in the actual REAL WORLD that Colt's pops told him to shut it down. Not just on the internet. Here is the Dallas Morning News writing about it. Maybe you just weren't paying attention at the time.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-longhorns/2010/01/26/father-knows-best-colt-mccoy-s-character-shouldn-t-be-taking-a-hit/

That article literally states, "Once inside a Rose Bowl locker room, Brad quickly found that Colt had injured his right shoulder on a blindside hit by an Alabama player. His arm had gone numb. When Colt tried short passes in the locker room, it was as if he were throwing left-handed. Texas' team doctors said he shouldn't play, and everyone agreed but Colt."

Maybe you should actually read what you're referencing. Stop trying to perpetuate a lie.

• Hook 'Em 5