Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

48 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

That’s my thinking and if you surround him with the offensive weapons we have there are worse backup situations to be found. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that and Maalik is the real deal and Arch can continue on the planned development timeline.

So, Ewers didn’t get hurt running downfield and trying to run over a linebacker (who had to be helped off the field), but got hurt from being sacked.  He wasn’t sacked at all against Bama, but some terrible Houston Cougar player….. this ain’t right.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Malik is going to tear shit up over the next few weeks, we'll be undefeated, and we'll have us a good ol' fashioned Surly horns quarterback controversy at the end of the season and then going into the bowl game.  It has been foretold. 

This guy fucks 

2 hours ago, utexas8 said:

Did this guy bother to watch the Houston game. I think Murphy will be alright but, they should be fine with the rest of the schedule? Hope so but the last game didn’t instill a ton of confidence.

Edited by sunset87
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

If QE is going to miss multiple games, how much value is there to keep Arch’s redshirt? If he’s a bad ass, he won’t be here for a RS-SR 5th year anyway. If he is a disappointment, would he be playing at UT in his 5th year? This isn’t the 1960s-early 2000s. If they are studs, they will be gone after their 3rd year in college (not necessarily 3rd season), or at latest after their 4th year. 

it’s the manning family’s call to burn his redshirt, not ut’s

imo

1 hour ago, 59 Burst said:

Counterpoint: This is the most successful guy to ever take a snap.

IMG_4659.jpeg

Exactly. Remember Vince Young? I do not know why the olds are still focused on how big and strong players are vs intelligence, awareness, and football IQ. Will NFL managers ever grow out of that? 

3 minutes ago, 59 Burst said:

I have heard that before. From a coaching point of view I am not sure how I would feel about that?

do you want the 5star recruit from the best football family or not ?

just my opinion, but can sark burn his shirt without input from his family ?

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Malik is going to tear shit up over the next few weeks, we'll be undefeated, and we'll have us a good ol' fashioned Surly horns quarterback controversy at the end of the season and then going into the bowl game.  It has been foretold. 

I want to trust this but… user name. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

do you want the 5star recruit from the best football family or not ?

You are correct. That is the paradox of recruiting a kid with his connections. You’re basing everything off of his family experience and his potential. There are no guarantees. 

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

your lips to God's ears.

39 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

it’s the manning family’s call to burn his redshirt, not ut’s

imo

He can play in up to 4 games before the redshirt is burned.  If I were the coach I would hold him out until at least the Tech game - Game 12.  That would allow him to be available for the Tech game, a Big12 championship game, a playoff game, and a national championship game - if they get that far.

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

surly thread went from Ewers is a first round pick to comparing him to Tom Brady 

simon cowell facepalm GIF

I mean it depends on what he wants or thinks will happen based on his abilities vs what people around him are telling him. Today, to me, he’s a second round pick. He’s been injured three times in his career. He still is raw in many ways and needs to decide if he wants to develop more here (which btw now you can earn some quick cash faster) or go to the NFL and perhaps not pan out. 

One thing I like about Ewers the more I see him is grit. I don’t see that in Caleb from the standpoint that he’s not all drama on the sidelines. He’s got something undefinable to me which makes for a good to possibly great player if he keeps working at it. The criticism I had of him was moving too fast from HS trying to get big bucks. I understand the desire but the QB position is a nuanced one and there are teams that will bite (nearly half of them need a good QB) but why wouldn’t you want to continue to develop? His injuries are an issue since his junior year. I just don’t see teams rushing for him due to his size and lack of college playing time. I could very well be wrong but he’s not ready yet. (Nothing to do with I want him to stay because it helps us—I’m thinking like if he wants a career and not just guaranteed money.) he’s not ready 

• Hook 'Em 3

In all 7 games Ewers has started, Texas has scored between 30 and 40 points every game. Consistency is generally good, but considering the wide gap in opponent strength, we should have been able to put up more than 40 points in a few of those games. It will be interesting to see if Maalik will continue with the trend, or if Texas will finish a game outside our 30-40 point range we've been in all season long.

• Rage+1 1

26 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

In all 7 games Ewers has started, Texas has scored between 30 and 40 points every game. Consistency is generally good, but considering the wide gap in opponent strength, we should have been able to put up more than 40 points in a few of those games. It will be interesting to see if Maalik will continue with the trend, or if Texas will finish a game outside our 30-40 point range we've been in all season long.

Careful what you wish for

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Thatguy said:

It doesn't mean he isn't hurt. It means he may not be as hurt as we think. They pulled him because he wasn't right. But then you put him in a sling and trot him out for the world to see. You are very vague about the injury and the reporters run wild. Opponent starts planning for the backup and then QE ends up starting. The same way we found out just a couple minutes before the game that we were facing the backup qb a few weeks in a row. They knew well beforehand. 

Does Chin Pubes know you’ve wandered over here? Dear lord.

5 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

So he got hurt on the sack that ended the first half? Or the big hit on his scramble in the third?j Or was it the first play of the FG drive that put us up 24-21?

3 hours ago, sunset87 said:

Did this guy bother to watch the Houston game. I think Murphy will be alright but, they should be fine with the rest of the schedule? Hope so but the last game didn’t instill a ton of confidence.

Dude was on the field for three drives — first was a three-and-out punt, second was the GW TD and the third was in victory formation.

6 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

On 10/21/2023 at 6:44 PM, Thatguy said:

There was a sack where his shoulder pad was askew. I think he got dinged a little there. Not totally sure but he looked a little woozy.

Exactly what I thought. There was a sack where he got popped pretty good. He kept playing after that. Hope he comes back pretty quick. Kid has been playing solid.

For those bitching about Ewers checking down. This is what Ewers was seeing in long yardage situations. Outside of the pass rush, UH doesn't have anyone inside the sticks. They are leaving the RB open. Our guys need to learn to turn and get north and south in a hurry. No excuse not be able to gain a yard here.

Screenshot(425).thumb.png.2e746b84349ac317e18b7b7cd6e01cc3.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

For those bitching about Ewers checking down. This is what Ewers was seeing in long yardage situations. Outside of the pass rush, UH doesn't have anyone inside the sticks. They are leaving the RB open. Our guys need to learn to turn and get north and south in a hurry. No excuse not be able to gain a yard here.

Screenshot(425).thumb.png.2e746b84349ac317e18b7b7cd6e01cc3.png

I think we need to adjust our RB release path. Noticed on the goalline too. Brooks runs more horizontal than vertical. No reason for Baxter to have his back to the defense running more horizontal than vertical here. If the LBs get good drops and your pass catchers are running deep, that middle should have space. Not sure how you adjust that however.
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, 59 Burst said:

Counterpoint: This is the most successful guy to ever take a snap.

IMG_4659.jpeg

So to the moron that posted that Quinn would 100% have a shortened career because of his weight hasn't ever seen this? Imagine if Tom Brady had a 6 pack here, he would be what 185, 190 maybe? How did his career turn out?

4 hours ago, Had Enough said:

I think we need to adjust our RB release path. Noticed on the goalline too. Brooks runs more horizontal than vertical. No reason for Baxter to have his back to the defense running more horizontal than vertical here. If the LBs get good drops and your pass catchers are running deep, that middle should have space. Not sure how you adjust that however.

I agree whole heartedly. The release path also give your QB a two way go if you release in the middle. Eyes drop to the RB someone is open behind them. 

My biggest issue is how it was 3rd and long in the first place. The fact that we couldn't run is the real issue here. 

12 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I agree whole heartedly. The release path also give your QB a two way go if you release in the middle. Eyes drop to the RB someone is open behind them. 

My biggest issue is how it was 3rd and long in the first place. The fact that we couldn't run is the real issue here. 

Our run game was actually solid despite neither back breaking a big one. 6 penalties were drive killers as opposed to just one penalty against UH

IMG_5933.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1