Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

Can't argue with that this year. First year was a shit-show with Nolan at DC but he brought in Quinn and has the team at 6-2 with five starts from Cooper Rush for chrissakes.
Agreed.

And I don't get the Payton hype. He's no different than Mike. Both went to and won a Super Bowl with a very good QB. No other appearances. Both went to a few more NFC championship games they lost. And if people think Mike or Garrett have terrible clock management, Sean Payton is just as bad or worse from the games I watched of his. But Breez and that offense covered a lot of it up.

And I'm pretty certain Payton doesn't want to come back and deal with Jerry. I'd rather have Mike than Payton. I just wish we'd can Kellen and have Mike take over the offense. He has way more experience
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Agreed.

And I don't get the Payton hype. He's no different than Mike. Both went to and won a Super Bowl with a very good QB. No other appearances. Both went to a few more NFC championship games they lost. And if people think Mike or Garrett have terrible clock management, Sean Payton is just as bad or worse from the games I watched of his. But Breez and that offense covered a lot of it up.

And I'm pretty certain Payton doesn't want to come back and deal with Jerry. I'd rather have Mike than Payton. I just wish we'd can Kellen and have Mike take over the offense. He has way more experience

I'm not a huge Kellen Moore fan but I don't want Mike taking the offense. I want him to be the HC and the HC only.

Same. I also appreciate his stint as a boner pill / penis enlargement scam spokesperson. So hilarious. 

I wonder if he’ll have Rhonda tell us if his boner vitamins gave him the big hard one.

I’m interested in if there are any new things in coming to the Cowboys, the real story on why he didn’t end up at Arkansas instead of Hatfield, and his ongoing relationship with Jerry since leaving.

On 11/5/2022 at 12:08 AM, Texzilla58 said:

Your son might like the SRO tix which are dirt cheap. Get there early and get a space on the rail or wander the stadium and eat grub, go to the pro shop, and watch the game on the big screen.

If you go on seat geek there are some great deals. I’m seeing tix in the 100’s in the $250-500 range, and up in the 400’s for $100-200 each.

fuck that

I wonder how serious this injury is for real. At the midway point in the season and bringing up stuff like deep playoff runs, this could linger on much longer.

I think it is a lesson learned from last year. He played through an injury last year and it lowered his ability for a long stretch and limited him late in the season. Now the thought process seems to be to let it heal and have the burst he needs for the more important games late in the season. Tony can hold it down while he heals and will be in full strength down the stretch for once.

8 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Anyone dissing McCarthy is crazy. The coaching has been so much better since we ditched Garrett. Garrett was a retard who iced his own kicker and had no balls. Way too conservative.

Not only that, but going back to his Green Bay days McCarthy led teams have consistently overcome injuries. They year he won the Super Bowl in Green they led the league in games lost to injury. He may not have a presence that commands respect from the media and fans, but he's proven to be an effective coach.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/9/2022 at 5:45 PM, Vic Mackey said:

I wonder how serious this injury is for real. At the midway point in the season and bringing up stuff like deep playoff runs, this could linger on much longer.

Good.  Let him sit.  The More Tony shows out, the harder it'll be to just flat relegate him to "Every 3rd series" duties.  Yes he'll still be the "backup" to Zeke, but at least it may force their hands to play them similar snaps.

On 11/10/2022 at 12:31 AM, Patrick Bateman said:

What will he be without Quinn?  I still worry about this...... and Philbin as OL coach.

Thumb and Rodgers also had arguably the best defense in the league and an obvious top 5 squad with Dom Capers.  

I think Mike gets crapped on quite a bit, and that Quinn worked wonders in turning it around.  But I think with a capable DC(anyone better than Nolan) with this talent, would have helped them to win most the games they one.  Maybe Quinn's defense got them one more win than any other capable DC would have.  But they'd still be 5-3, or worse 4-4 with Dak missing 5 games?  I think we'd have taken that as an absolute win.

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Going to be a cold one

314949971_10223207396040317_654807107654

This gonna be an ugly game.  Just the history, and the way Rodgers plays against us, and being up there...just weird.

I fully expect some kind of 17-12 game deep in the 4th quarter, with the final drive determining the winner, and the cowboys fans base crying how it was hard to beat GB with how bad they are.

Just get a fucking win and move on to the dome game against the Vikes.  That's the real test until the Giants on Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

After a 6-2 start, this team may not even win 10 games.  Remaining schedule:

@MIN - loss (6-4)

NYG - loss (6-5)

Next 3 games - IND, HOU, @JAX - they'll lose at least one of these (8-6)

PHI - loss (8-7)

@TEN - win...just to toy with our emotions (9-7)

@WAS w/ a wild card spot on the line - loss (9-8)

• Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, Burt said:

@MIN - loss (6-4)

NYG - loss (6-5)

PHI - loss (8-7)

That’s stupid as shit 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@MIN - loss (6-4)
NYG - loss (6-5)
PHI - loss (8-7)

Wow it’s not like they got their asses kicked last night. A couple of dumb turnovers, stupid penalties, and this team wins the game.

Unlikely as it is, this team could actually win out as easily as falling to your scenario. I think they go 6-2 and finish 12-5. Then we see if they can win a wild card game.

14 hours ago, Burt said:

@MIN - loss (6-4)

NYG - loss (6-5)

PHI - loss (8-7)

They will lose to MIN, PHI, and possibly drop NY. The rest are wins.

The Cowboys beat bad teams and lose to good ones. Set your watch to it.

Dak’s best numbers in game have come against the division. Overall he doesn’t beat better teams. Now that the division is much better I don’t think he can win in it or pad his stats. His career stats got a boost from playing NY, Wash, and Philly. Won’t be that way anymore. 

15 hours ago, Burt said:

@MIN - loss (6-4)

NYG - loss (6-5)

PHI - loss (8-7)

Lulz. McCarthy too good of a coach to let that happen. You have Cowboys PTSD.  His QB might flirt with 9-8 because he’s average. 

6 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Wow it’s not like they got their asses kicked last night. A couple of dumb turnovers, stupid penalties, and this team wins the game.

Unlikely as it is, this team could actually win out as easily as falling to your scenario. I think they go 6-2 and finish 12-5. Then we see if they can win a wild card game.

This game may not have quite been an "ass kicking" but it highlighted several major flaws. Dallas' DL and LB were consistently handed their ass by GB's rushing on early downs, which made it that much harder to stop drives. Green Bay is only a midpack rushing team but they dominated the line of scrimmage.

Worse, Dallas' offense (especially passing) mostly scores touchdowns on home-run plays and on big coverage mistakes by the defense. When playing mediocre teams, this is still good enough to rack up a decent number of points, but football is situational and Dallas has great difficulty scoring or getting 1st downs when it matters most.

13 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Dallas was likely to be a wildcard team either way but Daks play and the fact we have Kelvin Joseph and Bland playing so much will likely be the downfall come playoff time.

I don't know why Jourdan Lewis' injury isn't getting talked about more. That was a big loss. 

Normally, I’d be giddy about the eagles losing, but my enthusiasm for this team is shot. Rodgers has just been a cowboy killer. We can’t stop the run. The interceptions we had were all so damn stupid. The officials seem to always hurt us a lot in games we lose. The officiating was so bad in the Philly game and the Green Bay game for sure, both losses.

On 11/13/2022 at 7:44 PM, Burt said:

@MIN - loss (6-4)

NYG - loss (6-5)

PHI - loss (8-7)

This is an awful take. Jason Garrett isn’t coaching this team anymore. It was Jason Garrett’s thing to be coaching the team on a “win and your in” game and we would always lose. 

I think Minnesota and Philly are the only likely losses. The giants are coming in on thanksgiving and the cowboys always have a big advantage over the road team in that game due to the logistics of a 3 day game week. AFC south is bad. I think we will sweep them. Washington commanders will probably tank last game of the year because they will be out of the playoff race by then. 

2 more losses total maybe 3.

15 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Well would you look at that, stay committed to your running game, don’t try to be a hero at qb, beat good teams. When was the last time the cowboys beat a team that was better than us with Dak at qb? Honest question.

Yep. Our RBs had it going, seemed like they were ripping off 5 ypc but what did we do? Throw the ball with Daky Prescoppolo 46 motherfucking times. Maddening. Kellen Moore should be fired for that idiotic bullshit.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 1