NFL Week 1

Vic Mackey

Rams OL was pretty bad last night. Don't think Buffalo ever really blitzed yet they were all over Stafford. I would expect that the Rams will be fine though.

Bills looked good. The hype has gotten annoying though. They've accomplished jack shit yet everyone acts like they are the 3 time reigning SB champs. It makes me want them to lose.

• Like 2

I would expect to see a lot of teams struggling early in the year.  There were a lot of teams that held the 1st teams out all pre-season.  I think that was the wrong move.  I would expect teams like Denver to struggle a little bit in their game this Sunday as Wilson didn't play at all.  It takes a while to get used to the speed and timing needed at this level.  At any rate, I've been a bandwagon Buffalo fan for a few years now and was glad to see them kick the Rams asses all over the field.  Fuck LA and go Buffalo.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, taybo20 said:

That whole team looked like they forgot to practice after winning the SB…except for Kupp 

Announcers brought that up - key losses such as Miller and ODB, guys that took pressure off other starters and allowed them to work in space.  With them gone, teams can focus more on Rams stars like tying up Donald on the line, blanketing Cupp, etc.  

We'll see.  Long season.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
34 minutes ago, Horn80 said:
Rams had their moment.  Their done.

I thought this last year. That had a stretch where they looked pretty bad. But turned it around and turned it on when it mattered. Still a very long season. Who knows. Week 1 can always be deceiving on either end of the spectrum.

We all remember the Cowboys "run" when teams were blitzing Dak and he was burning teams and looked unbeatable.  Then they adjusted and the offense sputtered.  These D coordinators are going to adjust, so we'll see how the teams fare

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

We all remember the Cowboys "run" when teams were blitzing Dak and he was burning teams and looked unbeatable.  Then they adjusted and the offense sputtered.  These D coordinators are going to adjust, so we'll see how the teams fare

Absolutely. I love the chess games the whole season and during the games. The good coaching staffs will be able to keep adjusting and putting their players in the best position to win. Too bad Dallas hasn't had this in forever so if you adjust to them, they have no idea how to counteract this and we are stuck. Hence the nearly 3 decade long cycle of mediocrity we've endured. 

McVay is a damn good coach and he will be able to adjust. If Stafford's elbow is an issue and the OL is weaker, I expect him to adjust to those and create a different gameplan.

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, NWAustinDude said:

He's legit had two impressive seasons in an 8 year career. Very overrated. If he doesn't show out this season the Rams passing game is gonna struggle without Woods and OBJ, Kupp can only do so much himself and the Rams really don't have a star RB.

17 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Curious how Stafford's elbow treats him this season. He didn't look right tonight. 

He's a more talented Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer. I was two dropped gimme interceptions away from correctly diagnosing him last year. 

It's Tampa, then Dallas this year. 

Also, can't believe OBJ is not signed somewhere, while nursing his injury. That's crazy.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

He's a more talented Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer. I was two dropped gimme interceptions away from correctly diagnosing him last year. 

It's Tampa, then Dallas this year. 

Also, can't believe OBJ is not signed somewhere, while nursing his injury. That's crazy.

Agreed on Stafford. SF should have easily won that NFC title game last year but dropped a very easy pick that could have sealed the game. 

So Dallas is on the NBC Sunday night game, I see.

So I've got all day to look forward to Cris Collinsworth.

Which is nice.

That's pure sarcasm in case it wasn't obvious.  Nice to start the season facing off against Tom Brady but knocking him off would be a fun way to get the '22 campaign started.