Concerts you are attending

bamachine

Whiskey Myers tore it up at the Outlaw Festival last night in Dallas.  Absolutely shredded.   Great guitar lineup. 

Willie was Willie and great to see.  Old dude can still bring it.  

Yup. Great show.

275e1222a22704929779d0425a18e6e0.jpg
b0bbe57478680ace42d7a1794279116e.jpg
48fd9fe74cd0ad0fb6af29b8b094014b.jpg
And it wasn’t terribly hot once the sun went down.

Great performance by GA-20 in a tiny little jazz club. Much like @GenXer 's experience Pat, the singer and winner of most glorious hair, strolled, while playing, to the bar, jumped up on the counter to play a solo then made his way back to the stage via empty chairs and tables as if the floor was lava.6f658437b49a50922b3ac3cfe6791662.jpgece8309f14a81f49f7e0260f9da911ad.jpg

Great performance by GA-20 in a tiny little jazz club. Much like [mention=7263]GenXer[/mention] 's experience Pat, the singer and winner of most glorious hair, strolled, while playing, to the bar, jumped up on the counter to play a solo then made his way back to the stage via empty chairs and tables as if the floor was lava.6f658437b49a50922b3ac3cfe6791662.jpgece8309f14a81f49f7e0260f9da911ad.jpg

Do they have a 2 guitar + drums set up? Jon Spencer Blues Explosion did that to great effect in the 90s.

death valley girls last night at hotel vegas. lead singer has serious cyndi lauper vibes in both voice and demeanor. they were good, very garage punk/stoner rock vibe. heavy riffs and good hooks. love their new album. 

Just saw Talk, Milky Chance, Young the Giant on Friday at the OKC Zoo amphitheater. All three were great. Wasn't familiar with Talk(he's a guy, not a band) but he was really good, might be huge someday.(no joke intended. He's a big feller). YTG is a tight band, lead singer worked his ass off, can sing the phone book.

4 hours ago, stc said:

death valley girls last night at hotel vegas. lead singer has serious cyndi lauper vibes in both voice and demeanor.

Oh, man, I love me some Cyndi Lauper.  Her first performance on The Tonight Show was astonishing.  Johnny Carson was completely smitten.

4 hours ago, Axle Hongsnort said:

I only caught night one, but holy shit what they did with the drones last night looked epic!

Dave Matthews coming out for the last few songs of the first set and the encore was wild. They closed out Boulder with All Along the Watchtower and The Weight, and DM was really bringing it

• Like 1

On 7/4/2023 at 7:35 PM, Captainant said:

Dave Matthews coming out for the last few songs of the first set and the encore was wild. They closed out Boulder with All Along the Watchtower and The Weight, and DM was really bringing it

Dave is one of those that loves playing and will play a 2-3 hour set.  Some don't like this music, which is fine.  But if you're going to make a night of seeing music, Dave will oblige.

Edited by Mdhorn

Granted, it was 24 hours ago but went through all of Zilker yesterday with the family.  Didn't see one inkling or rumor of setup for Blues on the Green (2 nights-Tue & Wed).  I would not be surprised if they postponed/canceled it due to the excessive heat, but no official word.  But no stage pre-build either.  

Also, exhausted my NY Times article allotment for the whole week as I am wont to do on Sundays.  There's a long read about Dead & Co.'s last show ever.  If somebody has a chance to post it, much appreciated.  

Not attending but I’m streaming the final Dead and Co show from Oracle Park now. What a long strange trip it’s been.

Mayer is sensational with the way he has clicked right in with these guys without trying to do an impression of Jerry.

I watched some of last night’s show at a neighbor’s house and it was fantastic. I’m a little behind due to some login issues but the show started at 6PM local time and there are rumors of three sets and Dylan showing up.

I’m not a huge Dead fan at all but this is pretty historic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Granted, it was 24 hours ago but went through all of Zilker yesterday with the family.  Didn't see one inkling or rumor of setup for Blues on the Green (2 nights-Tue & Wed).  I would not be surprised if they postponed/canceled it due to the excessive heat, but no official word.  But no stage pre-build either.  

Also, exhausted my NY Times article allotment for the whole week as I am wont to do on Sundays.  There's a long read about Dead & Co.'s last show ever.  If somebody has a chance to post it, much appreciated.  

Interesting.  Planning on going Tuesday to see Paul Val and the rest of the lineup........ or not?

Yeah, I was/am excited about all four bands across the two nights.  We were gonna bike down with the kids with a picnic for Mommy's birthday on Wednesday.  That is for sure out no matter who is playing/not playing.  Girls would melt down biking home.  I'm going through the park tomorrow afternoon.  If there are build signs, it's on.  If there's nothing up yet, they've thrown in the towel and just haven't admitted it yet.  Even the most ardent of "let's bike/walk/scooter down there no matter what!"  Yeah, hardly anybody's gonna be doing that with a 6:45p heat index of 110 and no cloud cover.  We've all done Blues on the Green at 95.  Most of us have even walked/biked down there at 95.  But there's a big fucking difference between 95 and 110, IMHO.  

Anyway, hope I'm wrong about everything.  Cold front moves in and it's only 85 and the headliners play extended encores until 10:01pm. 

Saw Taylor Swift in Denver Friday night at Mile High with the family.  I could give or take her music, but the show was nails.  Kids had a blast and the scenery was awesome. 

And perhaps it is upthread somewhere but the Moody Center calendar this fall is awesome.  Just saw The National got booked for 11/17.  

Edited by A-Tex Devil

1 hour ago, nolongerU2horn said:

ACL Radio posted this in the last hour, seems like still on

Beat me to it.  They're certainly not telegraphing that it will be cancelled.  We plan on melting there on Tuesday night to catch at least the first two acts.  Paul Val's guitar playing is amazing.  If you're going Wednesday, Brosfresh are a great local act.  

The heat has been cancelling Guero's shows in the garden.  Was planning on seeing a friend's band on Saturday but they cancelled all bands that day.

Yeah, I get the impression they made a definitive call last night.  Got the email confirmations and there's definitely some load-in going on in the park this morning (that's what she said).  We're gonna tough it out on Wednesday night.  I was gonna drive down in the morning and park and bike home.  Then we can all bike down and pack up bikes in truck and drive home.  But even at 6:45p, that's gonna be fucking brutal on the kids (oldest can ride herself, youngest goes in a trailer-sauna behind my bike), it's downhill but still 105-110 heat index at that hour.  It was hot last few times we went, but I wasn't in fear for their lives.  This seems fun.

I realize the load-in/breakdown of the stage/booths/engineer station/speaker towers/etc is a pain in the ass for 3-4 separate dates of programming so they've slid to multi-night run just one time in dead middle of summer.  But I really wish they'd go back to like one show in May, June, July, and August like the old days.  That way you could at least go when it's somewhat sane outside still.  Ah well, so long as AcL is somewhat mild this year... 

25 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, I get the impression they made a definitive call last night.  Got the email confirmations and there's definitely some load-in going on in the park this morning (that's what she said).  We're gonna tough it out on Wednesday night.  I was gonna drive down in the morning and park and bike home.  Then we can all bike down and pack up bikes in truck and drive home.  But even at 6:45p, that's gonna be fucking brutal on the kids (oldest can ride herself, youngest goes in a trailer-sauna behind my bike), it's downhill but still 105-110 heat index at that hour.  It was hot last few times we went, but I wasn't in fear for their lives.  This seems fun.

I realize the load-in/breakdown of the stage/booths/engineer station/speaker towers/etc is a pain in the ass for 3-4 separate dates of programming so they've slid to multi-night run just one time in dead middle of summer.  But I really wish they'd go back to like one show in May, June, July, and August like the old days.  That way you could at least go when it's somewhat sane outside still.  Ah well, so long as AcL is somewhat mild this year... 

Just soak in BSP for an hour and then walk over

4 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Just soak in BSP for an hour and then walk over

I'm cool with that, kids won't be.  I think we're gonna do the bike/truck cheat code.  They need to get used to this shit because Texas is only getting hotter despite us all lying to ourselves about it.  They can make it an hour, we'll bring a picnic.  I just wish they'd do May/June shows again next year.  

We won some tickets to some show next month at the outdoor Moody amphitheater at Waterloo Greenway.  Starts later and sun will be set at that hour by mid-August.  And we've got a better parking spot across the street.  Whew.  I remember when my biggest worry was losing your kid at a concert.  Now it's heat-stroke.  

Ah well, getting tickets for Duran Duran the weekend of the Kansas football game at Moody.  Will be first time seeing a big concert there.  Going sober with a drunken Catholic Priest who's a big Jayhawk and 80's dance music fan.  I think we really are in a simulation.  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I'm cool with that, kids won't be.  I think we're gonna do the bike/truck cheat code.  They need to get used to this shit because Texas is only getting hotter despite us all lying to ourselves about it.  They can make it an hour, we'll bring a picnic.  I just wish they'd do May/June shows again next year.  

We won some tickets to some show next month at the outdoor Moody amphitheater at Waterloo Greenway.  Starts later and sun will be set at that hour by mid-August.  And we've got a better parking spot across the street.  Whew.  I remember when my biggest worry was losing your kid at a concert.  Now it's heat-stroke.  

Ah well, getting tickets for Duran Duran the weekend of the Kansas football game at Moody.  Will be first time seeing a big concert there.  Going sober with a drunken Catholic Priest who's a big Jayhawk and 80's dance music fan.  I think we really are in a simulation.  

I think that show was last month at Moody.