Wulaw Horn

2 minutes ago, mvlonghorns said:

Y'all being bitches about Card are idiots. He lead us to a 20 point win against ULL last year, and both our defense and OLine are greatly improved from that game, our offensive weapons are another year older and accustomed to the playbook. We will win by 35 at least.

What about with Malik?  I bet Card is out like 4-6 weeks with a high ankle sprain. 

A comfortable win against a decent UTSA team will show progress. I want to see another good gameplan to stop Frank Harris on defense, who I think is one of the best G5 QBs. Get some pressure in his face and see how he reacts. Depending on the health of our QBs, I wouldn’t mind seeing a run-focused gameplan like we used against Kansas St last year. In general, we need to improve the running game and red zone offense this week. 

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, mvlonghorns said:

Y'all being bitches about Card are idiots. He lead us to a 20 point win against ULL last year, and both our defense and OLine are greatly improved from that game, our offensive weapons are another year older and accustomed to the playbook. We will win by 35 at least.

But how healthy is Card ??

Team better get focused and play well against utsa on Saturday.  Take advantage of match-up opportunities, get ahead early, and play a lot of players. 

Texas needs to play well and get back-ups on the field for player development...  

Edited by LTtxfan
Bad writing

Here’s my thoughts.  Sark has shown he can scheme and game plan. He knows he’s limited with card. There’s no way in fuck he doesn’t scheme to dink and dunk to sanders and whitt all game with the occasional deep prayer to worthy to keep honest.  Deploy stable of running backs. Fucking awesome tight ends ansd Short routes. Where card can hit water out of a boat and we are good.  Surely the game experience of going against nfl talent this weekend should give him some feel for the game against reguslr ass folks now 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I don't think that tells us much either way. 

That was always going to be the play by Sark so UTSA doesn't know who the QB is. 

You think Sark is trying to trick them into preparing for Wright? Card was limping during the game as some sort of gamesmanship for UTSA? 

• Haha 1

with a hobbling QB2 Card, I'd love to see QB3 Charles Wright get many snaps.

What is the status of Jamison?   Any other injuries?

So much new talent on the roster, I need to take some time to learn the numbers & names. 

UT should do a ULM style game on UTSA.

I'm very bullish on Jonathon Brooks, he'd be a starter at 80% of FBS schools.  Hope he stays a Horn. 

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Ewers. Card. Bijan. Jamison. God damn, Alabama beat us the fuck up. Part of the game but fucking hell

giphy.gif

Dig Deep Horns !!!

Got to ask for a team win this Saturday -- two deep needs to play well against utsa.  

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Constant said:

Any word on Bijan’s health? Saw a few comments he missed some time yesterday with a shoulder issue. 

Bijan did not allow anyone to help him up (off the ground) using his left hand/arm.  He was hurting.

Hoping for the best. I will be pleasantly surprised if he plays this week. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

IT said Jamison is doubtful this week. Also said Card’s ankle injury isn’t as bad as the one he suffered against WVU last year but he’s still questionable. Big week for Charles Wright.

Who replaced Jamison at corner yesterday ??

Texas #20

AlabamaAlabama(39)
2-0 1592
-
GeorgiaGeorgia(25)
2-0 1574
-
3 2-0 1514
-
4 2-0 1387
-
5 2-0 1370
-
6 2-0 1253
7 2-0 1137
USCUSC
2-0 1133
9 2-0 1026
10 2-0 901
11 2-0 857
12 2-0 816
13 2-0 805
BYUBYU
2-0 739
15 1-1 673
-
16 2-0 556
NR
17 2-0 552
18 2-0 540
19 1-1 531
20 1-1 306
21 1-1 297
22 1-1 285
23 2-0 279
NR
24 1-1 197
-
25 1-1 157

Complete Rankings

Others receiving votes: Florida State 85, Cincinnati 80, Appalachian State 50, Air Force 48, Kansas State 46, Wisconsin 43, Marshall 40, Notre Dame 35, Mississippi State 31, Washington State 29, Houston 25, Texas Tech 24, Oregon State 24, Minnesota 23, TCU 18, Auburn 16, North Carolina 10, Syracuse 7, Washington 6, Iowa State 4, UCLA 4

Dropped from rankings: Notre Dame 9, Wisconsin 18

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Huh?

I think Card was definitely injured but there's no advantage to making it known who is going to be the QB this weekend. 

You are right.  I think the idea is to have UTSA prepare for both Card and Wright. That’s what is going on here. Not that Card’s status is legitimately questionable despite a national television audience seeing him sprain him ankle. 

55 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Ewers. Card. Bijan. Jamison. God damn, Alabama beat us the fuck up. Part of the game but fucking hell

Damn I didn't even know about Bijan. I assume he'll be ok since he came back?

This is becoming one of the worst injury seasons I can remember when including Neyor and Junior

• Rage+1 1

I guess the hope is Wright should know the full system since he’s been here 2 years. Doesn’t bring me much comfort though knowing he couldn’t beat out Ballard for the third string role last year.

This will have to be a game where Sark puts the QB on a joystick and tries to control him from the sideline.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

This game is problematic if both Ewers and Card are still dinged up and we have a big letdown emotionally after the Bama loss. It's gonna be tough. Birds will be fired up.

I think this is the prove it game for the culture talk. We have seen this script before. Over the last decade Texas has gotten up for big games and gained momentum only to piss it away. If they come out and play in the same ball park as they did vs Bama, Texas wins comfortably. If they come out with a hang over and lack of focus it will turn into be a heavy drinking day. 

Alabama gets the benefit of the doubt every year because after close wins or losses they come out and boat race the next team. We need to have that culture. We need to boat race UTSA with our third string QB because we can.

giphy.gif

This is the week we prove we belong in the conversation, not last week.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

RoJo knows all the plays and if his passing is acceptable, I’d go with him.  He’s a leader for sure.  Use the other backups during the game too.

I don’t think putting someone who hasn’t taken a snap at QB in practice or really even thrown in years is really  a great idea….  Sure use him in situations but as a starter, no.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’m sorry but this D held the #1 team with the heisman winner at QB to 2 TDs. It don’t make a shit at QB. Rest the QBs up and give them a heavy dose of the run game with some dink and dunk shit that Worthy, Sanders, or Whittington are sure to break for big gains. It’s UTSA. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to UTSA VS Texas 9/17/22
  • immamac locked this topic