Monterrey Mexico - Tech Game hangout?

immamac

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Also, surly still in to sponsor watch parties in any major Metro for home or away games. If you can get 5 posters together I'll spring for most of all of the tab most likely as long as the bar takes cards over the phone. 

Would you consider Terlingua a major metro by chance? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

21 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'll be in Monterrey all week, landing around noon and would like to watch the game somewhere with other longhorns. Reached out to Texas Exes and offered to sponsor an impromptu bar tab. 

Anyone interested? 

Well hell... I will be there October 4 - 7.

Gotta come back for the Texas - ou game.

54 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Hah, I lived in Monterrey (well, Garza Garcia) as a kid. Have fun, it's a cool spot. Chipinque is gorgeous if you want a great spot to sweat out the hangover.

Nice view from up there, but the restroom in the old bar/restaurant was a disaster after I used it.

But that was 60+ years ago..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

I'll be in Monterrey all week, landing around noon and would like to watch the game somewhere with other longhorns. Reached out to Texas Exes and offered to sponsor an impromptu bar tab. 

Anyone interested? 

dude!  I'm in Houston this week you surly fuck.  I would have gladly hosted if i had known you were coming. Hmm... 

4 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

dude!  I'm in Houston this week you surly fuck.  I would have gladly hosted if i had known you were coming. Hmm... 

Damn - I'm pretty sure we will be back often after this, I have family there and my wife has never been so she hasn't known what she's been missing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Get yaself some cabrito. I'm sure it's everywhere, but the place I remember is a white restaurant, right off a highway (probably the major one) and it was pretty decent sized. It was probably on the mountain side of the highway. You should be able to identify it from that.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, immamac said:

Damn - I'm pretty sure we will be back often after this, I have family there and my wife has never been so she hasn't known what she's been missing. 

Noted.  Let me know.  Morelos St. in the Barrio Antiguo is hopping full of vendors/artisans these days on Sundays followed by a walk/boat ride to the Parque Fundidora.  That is always good for the family if they are with you.  I jogged the Obispado just the other morning.  I hadn't been in a while.  It was a clear day, as you know thats not always the case, and i left inspired.   Enjoy! 

2 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

Get yaself some cabrito. I'm sure it's everywhere, but the place I remember is a white restaurant, right off a highway (probably the major one) and it was pretty decent sized. It was probably on the mountain side of the highway. You should be able to identify it from that.

El Rey...its not bad just don't order steak there, but El Pipiripau in Mercado Juarez will do you right and is much cheaper for goat.  

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

El Rey...its not bad just don't order steak there, but El Pipiripau in Mercado Juarez will do you right and is much cheaper for goat.  

10 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

Chuy is my Grand-Uncle? (Grandfathers brother) - The dude who owns it/started El Rey De Cabrito. Needless to say we are going there with the family on Monday. 

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Yea El Rey is cool for the atmosphere last time I went but the best cabrito I had was at a few Mercados around. If you really want to slum it go to Santa Catarina and holla at my people. 

Also I enjoyed La Nacional about a decade ago. Best bone marrow frijoles I have ever had 

Edited by Zepol87
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, immamac said:

Anyone interested? 

If youre willing to pay for companionship just PM south austins mom

A Monterrey native I graduated HS with in Houston moved back home and opened an Irish pub. Judging by the social media pics  the place is always full of extreme high grade ass. Not skanks but chicks you might end up writing a country song over. Not in a position to look up name of the place but how many Irish pubs can Monterrey have? Owners name is Paco. They book cool bands late night too. Hell have the game on and there might be other expats there. Paco was a football teammate and dude could play — Mexican Gale Sayers 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

13 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Las Pampas Argentine restaurant one block north of Tecnologico same side of the street was a solid place to get carne asada you could cut with fork. It is still getting good ratings after 60 years.

My gawd that street has changed!

Not to be confused with LOS Pampas which is a Brazilian steakhouse that also rocks.  Except you pay 15 not $50! The Tech location is a few blocks from the LAS, so its easy to confuse.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Good to hear La Nacional is still bringing it. I fucking loved that place, the ribeye chicharonnes were dope. Damn I need to go back and hit up a few exes

Its still my favorite though the trend with locals these days is to steer you to Sonora Prime.  The olds will say Los Arcos.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, immamac said:

going here: https://caradevaca.com/

and here: https://sibau.mx/

Most places like these will offer an off menu a la carte salsa. I can't say enough about a chili pequin salsa. It usually comes in a small molcajete. Damn, its my favorite bar none. So got damn tasty and the heat is perfectly balanced.

• Hook 'Em 1