2018 College World Series

sidis

2 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I can't say I know the most about baseball or college baseball but know more than the average person. I was wondering this-is there a bigger gap in talent between the number 1 and number 25 team in college baseball or college football? 

Well we have had Fresno State and Coastal Carolina win the national title in Baseball and they are not usual powers so I would say there is a smaller talent gap in baseball...or rather that maybe baseball is more prone to lesser talented teams coming out on top.

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Well we have had Fresno State and Coastal Carolina win the national title in Baseball and they are not usual powers so I would say there is a smaller talent gap in baseball...or rather that maybe baseball is more prone to lesser talented teams coming out on top.

plus traditional, blue blood, powerhouses like aggy that only rarely win one because of the parity and the wear and tear of the SEC SEC SEC regular season and playoffs

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

I wonder if perhaps during this delay someone might be able to figure out just exactly WTH happened with those two balks last night

Well I'd sure be interested to know. The one on the Florida pitcher was nit picky but he was slightly bouncing his love and didn't come to a complete set. The one on the Tech pitcher was complete bullshit. Even SEC homer Ben McDonald seemed baffled by the call. 

16 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I’m pulling against Tech rest of the way on misguided optimism it will shut up Slorch’s dumb ass 

Slorch is good people. He’s made solid contributions on our boards for years. Lighten up. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 4

Just said it has now been delayed to 10 AM tomorrow (not sure if ET or CT).  Triple header tomorrow, weather permitting.  That also means our start time will likely be delayed.

Edited by WBT

so we're probably talking 2:00p, more likely 2:30p tomorrow afternoon?  Good, more time for me to get some shit done and find a proper game watching bar.