shadow_operative

12 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

It’s the first week of spring training.

they’ll figure the clock out.

it’s not that fucking hard.

If a bunch of 18 yos in rookie league can do it, pros can figure this shit out 

basically it's "Quit fucking around, guys.  Buy some better batting gloves..."

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/35735950/umpire-cb-bucknor-zero-class

Bucknor is such a piece of shit but read the whole article and see the crew for that game. It was CB Bucknor, Angel Hernandez, Ron Kulpa and Carlos Torres. I know nothing about Carlos but the other three are the worst umps/biggest assholes left in the umpiring corps. 
Question- is this a crew you would support seeing formed in MLB if you had to have those 3 guys employed.

Cons- when you draw that crew you know it’s going to be an unmitigated shit show for that series that they are umping your games. 

Pro- you only have to have 3 series a year marred by complete and total ineptitude of an umpiring crew. 
That’s a tough call for me. 

On 2/17/2023 at 1:54 PM, Guadaloopy said:

Machado says he is opting out of the 5 remaining years of his contract with SD after this season.  That's walking away from $150M remaining on the deal.  Seems absolutely bonkers to me.  Trying to get more than 5 yrs at an AAV more than $30M at age 31 is quite a reach.

Goodfellas GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

so bases are also going from 15" x 15" to 18" x 18"?

bases will be 4 1/2" closer than before? more steals coming this year? 

oh.. and is the distance from 1st base to the plate going to be shorter too?

pre-emptive rimshots for forthcoming jokes.

Rimshot GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by yoladu

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

You’re all on fucking notice about Jasson Dominguez & Anthony Volpe. They’ve backed up their top prospect status & then some in spring training games so far. They could be the two to deliver us back to the promised land 

I don't know about everyone else, but I am absolutely shitting my pants in fear of two guys who went a combined 3-for-7 in the first two spring training games of the season.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I don't know about everyone else, but I am absolutely shitting my pants in fear of two guys who went a combined 3-for-7 in the first two spring training games of the season.  

Since the results of 2 spring training games are so predictive of the regular season, I guess the Yankees are destined to play .500 ball this season. 

Edited by TonyTexas

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Dominguez hit a blast and Volpe stole 2nd & 3rd on back to back pitches. They’re both oozing talent out of their ears. Just a little more refining and I really think you’re looking at two of the future faces of baseball.

48 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Dominguez hit a blast and Volpe stole 2nd & 3rd on back to back pitches. They’re both oozing talent out of their ears. Just a little more refining and I really think you’re looking at two of the future faces of baseball.

Ok cool.  Consider us ON NOTICE

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Volpe's gonna be really good and lead the league in SB multiple times, but he's not a SS.  Dominguez is a tool shed but needs to show he can hit above A-balll.

But together, they can't carry Jordan Walker's jock.

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

25zxAb.gif

1 hour ago, Scraps said:
1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:
Hennesly !!!!!
the young guys came to hit this spring training 

Wrong thread unless you are putting everyone on notice about David Hensley

Perhaps Hennesly is oozing talent out of his ears? Just a little more refining and I really think you’re looking at one of the future faces of baseball.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 2/27/2023 at 8:13 PM, Scraps said:

Yeah Dominguez really shined in the AZFL this year....batted .159 with a .467 OPS in 20 games.

So much notice

Cool. Now do his postseason stats as one of the youngest players in all of double-A last year (hint: 450/.560/.950 with three homers, 10 RBI, five walks, and seven runs scored in five games)

3 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I agree with you about Judge not being too bright. 

That’s because for years analytics has been telling everyone how horrible it is to ever change your approach with 2 strikes. It’s part of why baseball became such a snooze fest. The league is finally using their brains and starting come around to the idea that maybe analytics got that one wrong. And yeah, I’ll admit it was the Astros approach of late that partially lead to that change.