149+ dead in halloween crush in seoul

elfenix

On 10/30/2022 at 1:28 AM, Newdoc said:

I wonder about the situational awareness people have that they find themselves caught in these situations and it’s too late to get out.

It doesn’t take much.

In December of 2017 I was in New York City with some friends, and we decided to walk to Rockefeller Center to see the Christmas tree before getting ready for dinner. Apparently 100,000 people had the same idea. About two blocks away from the tree the crowd was pretty mashed together, and I took my wife’s hand and fought through the crowd to get the hell away from that craziness. I remember thinking all it would take is some asshole firing a gun off and it would not turn out well.

• Hook 'Em 1

Anyone ever been in that sort of situation? I was in one once for about a minute as people were lining up and pushing before a gate opened. It's terrifying. You don't have control over where you move and even breathing gets harder. 

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

December of 2017 -  I took my wife’s hand and fought through the crowd to get the hell away from that craziness. 

If only you could go back in time and just let go of her and slip away into that mass of humanity. Like Andy Dufrense, wading through shit and coming out on the other side.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/31/2022 at 7:58 AM, FirstTimeCaller said:

Anyone ever been in that sort of situation? I was in one once for about a minute as people were lining up and pushing before a gate opened. It's terrifying. You don't have control over where you move and even breathing gets harder. 

That’s your opinion. Me, I like Mardi Gras.