Game Week- TCU

Wulaw Horn

10 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I hope our defense on Saturday doesn’t suck as much as Third Eye Blind.

If you removed that “do do do, do do do dooo” chorus from that one song they would be average for that time period. But that lyric might be the gayest line in any song ever. 

1 hour ago, South Austin said:
1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

If you removed that “do do do, do do do dooo” chorus from that one song they would be average for that time period. But that lyric might be the gayest line in any song ever. 

They’d still be below average, with the lead singer’s pouty vocal style. He sucks at life.

I had to do a search to figure out who they were. I was better off having forgotten because now I'm also remembering Hootie & the Blowfish. The suckage fallout from reading that post just keeps getting worse.

Interesting point on HornFM this morning...

Maybe the horny toads stronger 2nd half numbers are partly better because so many of their opponents QBs got injured during the game.  🤔

Five B12 teams have seen their QBs get injured against the toads:  

blOU, kansas, okie lite, k-state (2), tech

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

19 hours ago, South Austin said:

I call it DKR, just like I call John F. Kennedy International Airport "JFK" or Ronald Reagan National Airport "Reagan," or like I would call other campus buildings "Jester," "Parlin," or "Calhoun."  I don't find that weird. 

It's National Airport or DCA. Only tourists call it "Reagan."

Off to Israel for 12 days. Game time will be 2:30 am locally, so I’ll miss it. Biggest regular season game for the frogs in a long, long time. Bigger than Utah in the 2010 (Rose Bowl) season, bigger than any game in the 2014 (Peach Bowl) season. 

Go Frogs beat the Horns. 

See y’all on the other side of the game. 

• Fuck You 2

13 minutes ago, nnm said:

Off to Israel for 12 days. Game time will be 2:30 am locally, so I’ll miss it. Biggest regular season game for the frogs in a long, long time. Bigger than Utah in the 2010 (Rose Bowl) season, bigger than any game in the 2014 (Peach Bowl) season. 

Go Frogs beat the Horns. 

See y’all on the other side of the game. 

One might say this is TCU is treating this like their Super Bowl 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, South Austin said:

I hope our defense on Saturday doesn’t suck as much as Third Eye Blind.

They're actually really good live. 

38 minutes ago, nnm said:

Biggest regular season game for the frogs in a long, long time. Bigger than Utah in the 2010 (Rose Bowl) season, bigger than any game in the 2014 (Peach Bowl) season. 

It isn't any bigger than the Baylor game in 2015.

23 hours ago, Vertuzzi said:

I’ve never heard anyone refer to Texas as “The University”. Sounds like some Ohio State type shit. 

This was very common when I was at UT.  The Co-Op sold car stickers that read: “The University of Texas “.  We would cut out “of”, put “Texas” at the top, and “The University” under Texas……so…

Texas

The University

was a common car sticker in the good old days……and by the way….Texas is still “The University”!

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Why do teams insist on driving for 30 minutes to a couple of hours in a football uniform to take pictures in weird places trying to troll? This has to be the dumbest trend. 

That's the FW Stockyards and a longhorn cow is the symbol for FW.  I'm not sure they are trying to troll.

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Poster on IT claiming Jamison is out tomorrow with an injury he got in practice.

Not good.

Shame on the previous downturn at Texas for making this more of a game than it should be.. that being said, I expect Texas to put a beatdown on those roaches. As they said in the 80's 

"Rugged as the land, They came Swiftly, with Vengeance, To Restore order to the Southwest"

image.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

They're actually really good live. 

It isn't any bigger than the Baylor game in 2015.

2014 was the 61-58 game. It was a huge game, but was only the 5th game, 2nd B12 game. In retrospect it was monstrous, but we didn’t know that going into it. This one, everyone knows what’s at stake. 

On 11/7/2022 at 10:21 AM, CheesePie said:

Apparently there are rumors in TCU circles that Gary Patterson came to an agreement with Sark that Gary won’t help gameplan against TCU. “Gary has too much love for the TCU program” was the reasoning. This sounds like complete and utter horse shit. In what world would Sark allow GP to take the week off in the single most impactful game on our schedule? I was told this by one particularly delusional TCU alum.

But was it a "gentlemens agreement "?