Game Week- TCU

Wulaw Horn

4 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

We should have won that game. Made Duggan look a fucking All-American and then fucking Keontay Ingram costed us the game by fumbling at the 2 yard line. 

I almost running drop kicked the cancun resorts tv when I saw our D part like the red sea for Duggan then Herman go hurry up with TOs, PLENTY of time and right after Keontay busted a huge run, was visibly winded and the TCU D was already set up anyways

I almost did

I should have

Edited by BurgleBro
Cancun!!! Not cancer sorry

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Do you just say "the Stadium," or "THE Stadium"?

Mostly the former. Sometimes the latter, especially so if it must be repeated when whatever random moron asked where blah blah blah was played / is being played / will be played, and responded to "the Stadium" with something like "Huh?"

When I speak, and tell of my ascents, games attended, and the ZZ Top Barndance and BBQ, i always use the full glory!

Darrell K. Royal Texas Memorial Stadium!

And I speak it in a deep bass Texas voice befitting the big man I am and the big name for this most important place!

🤘🤘🤘

i expect some roadkill toads!

Edited by Domedriver

When I speak, and tell of my ascents, games attended, and the ZZ Top Barndance and BBQ, i always use the full glory!
Darrell K. Royal Texas Memorial Stadium!
And I speak it in a deep bass Texas voice befitting the big man I am and the big name for this most important place!

i expect some roadkill toads!

giphy.gif
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghost of Shag said:

We gotta get some sacks in this game. I don’t see how we win otherwise.

TCU is gonna throw to the middle of the field all day long.

Well supposedly they fuck around and then rely on big plays. If so then they might have an issue consistently executing the free middle of the field we provide if they spend a large part of the game tripping over their own dicks.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

We gotta get some sacks in this game. I don’t see how we win otherwise.

TCU is gonna throw to the middle of the field all day long.

TCU will definitely throw the ball this game, but they actually run the ball more than they throw on the year. 334 rushes vs 288 (includes sacks). If Texas can stop the run with honest numbers, they will slow the TCU offense down. 

• Like 1

Ever since my Mom took me to my first Texas football game when I was 9 and we sat in the Knothole Section of at that time was Texas Memorial Stadium, it was 1969 and my father had been working for UT for 2 years. It was $5 tickets for UT employees.  Texas won!

55 November 15, 1969  Austin  #2 Texas  69–7

It was Wishbone DKR, and it laid a foundation of what Texas was, is, and should be!  The Texas that kicks TCU’s ass and smothered them in dominance.  Years have gone by, but my expectation of Texas absolutely kicking TCU Frog ass!  Has not changed.

I believe in Sark, Bijan, Mullet and Worthy, and some guy named Jordan! 🤘

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Saw a report on YouTube from someone who is in town covering the game. He said Patterson was the last one in the Texas facility staying late to scheme against his old team. 

That was Josh Pate and it was during the Alabama game.

Though it's very likely Patterson is gearing up for this one.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, The Beast said:

Win by 1, still a win.

This was one of GP’s mantras while at TCU. He wore out the TCU fan base with it. That’s one reason the “Frogs by 90” goofy little slogan has been out there along with the hypnotoad.

Dykes is basically looking at every single decision he makes, saying “what would GP do?” And doing the opposite. 

Hypnotoad:

6C38EC98-35B4-4F95-805A-2FC18C31297B.thumb.jpeg.6805ad8312b9e0e5bfcd57ca90021708.jpeg

HypnoToad90Tee_400x@2x.progressive.jpg?v

• Haha 1

FhOTMCAUAAABunj?format=jpg&name=mediumFhOTMaDVIAE2Uqq?format=jpg&name=mediumFhOTMsCVsAAtaV6?format=jpg&name=mediumFhOTNC-VEAAj9ST?format=jpg&name=medium

13 minutes ago, nnm said:

This was one of GP’s mantras while at TCU. He wore out the TCU fan base with it. That’s one reason the “Frogs by 90” goofy little slogan has been out there along with the hypnotoad.

Dykes is basically looking at every single decision he makes, saying “what would GP do?” And doing the opposite. 

Hypnotoad:

6C38EC98-35B4-4F95-805A-2FC18C31297B.thumb.jpeg.6805ad8312b9e0e5bfcd57ca90021708.jpeg

HypnoToad90Tee_400x@2x.progressive.jpg?v

The Hypnotoad and their mind-melting postgame videos are hysterical. Their media department seems to be having the time of their lives.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Shaggyhorn said:

We’re the home team this game. That should help a bit. Hopefully it means the cockroaches have some pre-snap penalties due to our crowd noise.

Bijan and Roschon are going to eat.

That's all well and good but our record against top 10-15ish teams at home sucks balls the last 12 years.  Hope we can finally turn it around.

Ive watched or listened to every home game since '88.  Ive been to the Shoe to see an epic win and ive been to Pasadena for an epic  loss to Bama. 

I was at the Hodges Mitchell up the gut 75 yarder on the first play of the game vs the Pokes; been to the Dome to see us crush Tulane and the same Dome to see Drunkenmiller go wild in the 2nd half for the Hokies.  Went to DKR last fall for OSU for the first time in 20 years and prior to that the last home game I saw live was the Cole Pittman game.  Been to Stanford and witnessed that shitshow too...like a lot of you my live game experience runs the gamut.  

Heading to DKR Sat night and i cant wait.  I havent been this excited to be at a home game probably since the Cougars came to DKR in '90 or when I saw the epic Westbrook hit vs the Domers in one hell of a game (despite the loss).

Go Texas , beat the roaches!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Ive watched or listened to every home game since '88.  Ive been to the Shoe to see an epic win and ive been to Pasadena for an epic  loss to Bama. 
I was at the Hodges Mitchell up the gut 75 yarder on the first play of the game vs the Pokes; been to the Dome to see us crush Tulane and the same Dome to see Drunkenmiller go wild in the 2nd half for the Hokies.  Went to DKR last fall for OSU for the first time in 20 years and prior to that the last home game I saw live was the Cole Pittman game.  Been to Stanford and witnessed that shitshow too...like a lot of you my live game experience runs the gamut.  
Heading to DKR Sat night and i cant wait.  I havent been this excited to be at a home game probably since the Cougars came to DKR in '90 or when I saw the epic Westbrook hit vs the Domers in one hell of a game (despite the loss).
Go Texas , beat the roaches!

231a5d15451437dd9253653d5f466b63.jpg
Time to bend that motherfucking curve back up, for real.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

That was Josh Pate and it was during the Alabama game.

Though it's very likely Patterson is gearing up for this one.

I thought it was yesterday. Maybe they refenced the Bama game and tied it to his interest in beating his former team. I sure hope so! 

21 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Huh? I’m seeing 5 MPH winds all night.

21 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Just repeating what they said. AccuWeather has 18mph gusts. 

9 gusting to 20 at 4pm, going down to 5-6 and lower by game time, if NWS is accurate.  Advantage Quinn.

image.png.c1bd63b7f9a5236e85147123e5d91039.pngimage.png.fed99e2dff289f4187b9079a9aa0ef82.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Quentin Johnston might just do bad things to us. Really bad things. He’s gonna play.
Would it be wrong for us to late hit Duggan on the first play from scrimmage? 
Put in a Freshman to do the honors..one that is redshirting and hasn't already appeared in 4 games.