Game Week- TCU

Wulaw Horn

He looks like the dad you see at 2AM in the aisle of Walgreens buying cough syrup for his kid. 

Fair enough. He’s probably also better than any qb we’ve had since Colt other than SE and QE.

Also in fairness, you could say that about any one of 100 or so quarterbacks we’ve faced since then.
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Dee Winters will miss the first half because of his targeting ejection yesterday. It’d be nice to take advantage of that. 

He'll return in the 2nd half to make 12 tackles, 2 interceptions, a forced fumble & recovery, throw for 300 yards and 5 tds and rush for 120 yards and 2 more tds.

Horns still win by 3.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, texifornia said:

wHy ArE wE fAvOrEd???

Every relevant statistical metric:

At least when we win, it being close is just a weird statistical quirk vs. jump-off-the-building fodder.

Both those fumbles were great plays by their D.  That fumble by RJ on the 4th down was a killer.  At least 3 points gone.  

They were 'lucky' with the bounces when the ball was on the turf until that last one.  Praise be that one kicked straight to us with no one else in sight.

• Hook 'Em 2

Both those fumbles were great plays by their D.  That fumble by RJ on the 4th down was a killer.  At least 3 points gone.  
They were 'lucky' with the bounces when the ball was on the turf until that last one.  Praise be that one kicked straight to us with no one else in sight.

The best was the one Jamison stood over so he could have the best view of the recovery by KSU.
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 4

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

wHy ArE wE fAvOrEd???

Every relevant statistical metric:

At least when we win, it being close is just a weird statistical quirk vs. jump-off-the-building fodder.

5+ yards on 47% of rushes and no gain/loss on 22% pretty much captures Texas' season so far.

4 hours ago, TornACL said:

1990 UH vibes for this upcoming Saturday night. There is nothing Texas fans love more than stomping on some in state program that's getting a little too big for their britches.

I was there;  as far as i know, that's the one and only time we rushed the field.  We did it at the Cotton Bowl in the 88-92 era too, but cant remember exactly what year.

1 hour ago, jdhorn92 said:

I was there;  as far as i know, that's the one and only time we rushed the field.  We did it at the Cotton Bowl in the 88-92 era too, but cant remember exactly what year.

Well, I was on the field after the 90 OU game waving the Texas flag at midfield chanting OU sucks but don’t recall if there were 20,000 other UT students on the field at the same time. 

Good times…still can’t believe I was 4 for 4 in college at the RRR

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

I feel like we debate this point a lot around here, but I remember rushing the field after Dawson beat UVA and I certainly wasn't the only one.

17 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I feel like we debate this point a lot around here, but I remember rushing the field after Dawson beat UVA and I certainly wasn't the only one.

That was the last year. The next year the natural grass went in and they stopped letting us on the field after that. 

It seems like we went on the field at the end of every game back then, at least ones we won. Even when we tied Syracuse in 1993 we rushed the field. You would just kind of walk around and congratulate the players on the win...or the tie in some cases.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

That was the last year. The next year the natural grass went in and they stopped letting us on the field after that. 

It seems like we went on the field at the end of every game back then, at least ones we won. Even when we tied Syracuse in 1993 we rushed the field. You would just kind of walk around and congratulate the players on the win...or the tie in some cases.

In the early-mid 80’s, at the end of every home game, they would let people down to the field. My brother and I used to get autographs after each game. Also used to take pictures riding Bevo after the games. 🤘🏼

The best was the one Jamison stood over so he could have the best view of the recovery by KSU.

I thought that until the replay appeared to show his momentum was towards his left while the ball was well to his right. When he tried to shift it made it look like he just froze. At least that’s how it looked to me.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Unless we pull out the defense we had against Bama and their guys can't catch shit in this game, he's probably going for 400 yards passing, just gotta limit the TDs. The offense needs to do its thing in this one, and by offense I mean run the fucking ball and make them sweat.

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Unless we pull out the defense we had against Bama and their guys can't catch shit in this game, he's probably going for 400 yards passing, just gotta limit the TDs. The offense needs to do its thing in this one, and by offense I mean run the fucking ball and make them sweat.

"And by run the ball you mean deep passes to Worthy?"

---Stephen Sarkisian - head football coach of the University of Texas at Austin's American Football team

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

These Sark teams feed off the energy at home and wilt under it on the road. This is the most high-profile night game we've had since LSU, place is going to be rocking all night.

Texas plays down and up to competition/the moment. Here they get to play up.

Quentin Johnson is going to smoke this secondary, but I think the offense keeps us in there. 41-37 UT.

2 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

I thought that until the replay appeared to show his momentum was towards his left while the ball was well to his right. When he tried to shift it made it look like he just froze. At least that’s how it looked to me.

Yeah, I didn’t think it looked as bad on replay

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I don’t think our pass defense is fixable. I’m not an X’s and O’s guy, but whatever is going on that results in massive holes in our secondary with guys catching balls with no one even near them is endemic.

I fear the Frogs are going to throw at will all night long.

The giant holes that seem to appear in the middle of the zone defense are created by design in route configurations by the offenses when we run zone and there isn't much you can do about it. Teams are running middle of thee field route combos, two men in one zone and there will always be one man open. Go rewatch the first half of the KSU game and you will see what they were doing. We didn't run much zone in the second half due to those route combos. It seems it is always on 3rd down. In the second half we rarely ran zone on 3rd down, that is why their conversions dropped considerably from previous opponents. I'm guessing every other opponent has done this to us and we just now made corrections.

41 minutes ago, ForTheCorner said:

These Sark teams feed off the energy at home and wilt under it on the road. This is the most high-profile night game we've had since LSU, place is going to be rocking all night.

Texas plays down and up to competition/the moment. Here they get to play up.

Quentin Johnson is going to smoke this secondary, but I think the offense keeps us in there. 41-37 UT.

So you’re saying we’re gonna score 38 in the first half, huh? Hell of a half.