2022 Election Day Thread - Midterm Rumble

Js1

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

They already have medical, which if its anything like Oklahoma, is basically recreational. I know some people who voted for medical who might vote against recreational when we vote on it next year. I think some people truly believe that it is for medical purposes. True there are therapeutic uses, but 95% or more use it recreationally after a 2 minute online doctor visit. I said insomnia and stress. The doctor didn't even ask for specifics. I can buy all the weed I want now, lol.

Yeah I visited my mother's family's ancestral stolen land near Enid a couple times in the past year. The number of dispensaries was amazing. I was laughing at what my grandparents would have thought about that.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Voldemort86 said:

Shouldn’t they vote yes because of the simple concept of “ I don’t care what people do as long as it doesn’t effect me”?

Of course. Same as abortion, gay marriage, and letting trans people exist. It's still fucking Arkansas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

13 minutes ago, troph said:

Outside of the quaint towns rural Texas is as much of a forgotten meth plagued shit hole as any small town in Ohio or Pennsylvania. I mean just places the world has forgotten. Then you add the religion in those quaint towns and Texas is 90% trump everywhere that isn’t a major city. 

The real America. God’s country.

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Newsom vs Desantis vs trump as a third party. The simulation demands it. 

Newsom fucked Guilfoyle which makes him basically a Trump. Also, it’s fucking gross.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

Of course. Same as abortion, gay marriage, and letting trans people exist. It's still fucking Arkansas.

Yeah, look at the obits and you see the answer. Every single one of them olds is a member of xyz podunk church. The % of white Texans that were weekly church goers in the 50s must've been astronomical. 

RCP had a very rosy picture for the GOP, including picking Oz over Fetterman. LMAO

Is it? PA-GA net out. Win NV for GOP. GOP wins Senate 51-49.

I’m not necessarily saying that’s going to going to happen, but it’s certainly plausible.
  • Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Legal marijuana losing in Arkansas. It’s struggling to even win a county. What the hell is wrong with those people?

Its pragmatism, simple as that. Those people have families to feed, and once Huckabeef gets the munchies, there wont be enough vittles to go around

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Blames Democrats for Donald Trump Serving  McDonald's, Fast Food to Clemson Tigers

So far I've been pleasantly surprised for the most part, with a few notable surprises (disappointments) in Texas, Florida, and so far in Georgia.

TBH, I'm surprised Roe hasn't had more of effect on things.  Surprising.

Fuck, JD Vance just won.  Jesus, what a bunch of morons.

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah I visited my mother's family's ancestral stolen land near Enid a couple times in the past year. The number of dispensaries was amazing. I was laughing at what my grandparents would have thought about that.

Dollar Generals and dispensaries on every corner.  EVERY.  Might even outnumber mobile homes.

Edited by TeeDubya
  • Like 1

So far I've been pleasantly surprised for the most part, with a few notable surprises (disappointments) in Texas, Florida, and so far in Georgia.

Roe is a big part of why this appears to be about as close to a stalemate as a midterm can be for a governing party with a razor thin majority, despite the current environment.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

You can’t underestimate the mid term phenomenon of the incumbent president getting his ass handed to him. This is turning out to be the best mid term for an incumbent president in the last 100 years save the mid term for Bush right after 9/11.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Pancho said:

I know this board doesn’t like Joy Reid, but she’s right—Dems have got to say “fuck it” with FL and instead go after Nawf Carolina. 

Agreed

Just now, SimonBolivar said:

He's a long way from 50%. You have to hope the runoff goes to Warnock, but you never know.

Enough outstanding from Atlanta area. Runoff is going to happen 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, gmr548 said:

Roe is a big part of why this appears to be about as close to a stalemate as a midterm can be for a governing party with a razor thin majority, despite the current environment.

You're going off historical trends with midterms though and we've never seen an assault on democracy like this.  People are just too stupid.  That is the only answer.  We are just too fucking dumb to survive.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, troph said:

I’ve been driving to rockport a lot this fall to fish and taking back roads. Towns we all know of from Victoria to cuero to luling and Gonzales, all shit holes, and all with some population. These towns are everywhere. 

The Southeast Texan in me.

james franco wtf GIF

• Haha 1

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Holy shit JD Vance won Ohio.  I mean, holy shit.  Ohio is just as lost as Texas and Florida.

All 3 are total Republican states.  Just like Alabama or Mississippi.  MI, PA and maybe WI are the keys for the Dems going forward in the Big 10 states. I still can’t believe Ron Johnson gets to be a Senator still but then again Herschel Walker getting that many votes is just sad for America.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

Peep Maryland as well. If not for family we wouldn’t be leaving our life here in Baltimore, and I like it for many of the reasons you called out.

I love Maryland.  I'm down with sticking as long as possible. Love Baltimore too--cool town.  It's a really green state which is nice too.    

GA should go to a runoff. We have zero results for NV and won’t know until Thursday

Right. Which is why I’m saying “hard to imagine” is not how I’d describe the prospects for the GOP taking the Senate. Even granting PA to Democrats, going 2-2 in toss up races is not really a stretch.

Edit: Now I can’t math lol

1 minute ago, F250 said:

The Southeast Texan in me.

james franco wtf GIF

Politics aside I’m at home when I get to 20-30 miles from the coast and running around from PINS up to rockport makes me happy. Still shitholes up and down the highway. Our entire state is full of potholes and armpits even though there are some really great places.