2022 Election Day Thread - Midterm Rumble

Js1

1 minute ago, troph said:

If your criticizing me for stating the truth then you can move from your comfortable suburb home outside a liberal city and call cuero or lulling home.

I am not criticizing you.  You are pointing out a certain political reality.  I have read the D takeover stuff here for a while, have even donated to Texas D candidates (fuck all those texts though). The rhetoric you are rolling out is not a winner in this state.  Blame it on the shit hole splits in the road (some of them are the best parts of Texas imo), or do a little political self reflection.  Hispanics are the political demographic of interest. Go ahead and tell me how that demographic characteristic breaks in Luling and Cuero. But keep condescending them and lets see how that works out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Warnock has a good shot in the runoff, assuming it happens.  Walker is probably getting a lot of coattail votes off Kemp and the general election.  You have to think the GOP turnout will not be as high for the runoff, however  Dems will be motivated as hell to keep Walker out of DC. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

2. If they didn’t realize before that he was a loser who harms their party after HE ALREADY COST THEM THE PRESIDENCY AND ALL OF CONGRESS, then I’m not sure they’ll learn this time.  

And Boebert, MTG, Gaetz, etc. will still carry Trump's water, and still attack their fellow Republicans who aren't on the Trump train.

I fucking loathe DeSantis and fear him more than Trump in the WH, but the only good thing is we will get Republicans in Congress choosing sides fairly soon.  Trump can't keep costing the GOP seats before some of them wake the fuck up and realize that his hardcore supporters are there for him, and not for the GOP.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, troph said:

Politics aside I’m at home when I get to 20-30 miles from the coast and running around from PINS up to rockport makes me happy. Still shitholes up and down the highway. Our entire state is full of potholes and armpits even though there are some really great places.

I was just messing with you. My origin is Goliad/Victoria counties but yeah I wouldn't live in the area. Still stings a little when people talk about the area because I have a lot of family out there.

My dad's ranch is a little over a half hour to Port O'Connor. I usually go fishing with my cousins in Matagorda and Espiritu Espiritu Santo Bay.

Lauren Underwood and Sean Casten appear to win in IL, both considered seats that could fall in a wave.  Same with Eric Sorenson - GOP threw a lot of money at this seat in IL

Slotkin should flip MI-07 once the blue parts dump

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, RabidM said:

I think Warnock has a good shot in the runoff, assuming it happens.  Walker is probably getting a lot of coattail votes off Kemp and the general election.  You have to think the GOP turnout will not be as high for the runoff, however  Dems will be motivated as hell to keep Walker out of DC. 

Precisely this. Most Georgia republicans showed up to vote for Kemp and Raffensperger. They didn’t show up to vote for Walker, they just voted for him while they were there. Heck… Kemp out run Walker pretty badly. 

With kemp winning outright, Walker won’t have anywhere to hide and nobody to carry him.

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

1. No fucking shit.

2. If they didn’t realize before that he was a loser who harms their party after HE ALREADY COST THEM THE PRESIDENCY AND ALL OF CONGRESS, then I’m not sure they’ll learn this time.  

Spoiler: they won't.  It's a cult.  Not a political party.  They still support him after he stole top secret government documents, tried to overthrow the government, and supported Putin.  Nothing will stop them from worshiping trump, unless he does us all a favor and chokes on a Big Mac.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Js1 said:

Lauren Underwood and Sean Casten appear to win in IL, both considered seats that could fall in a wave.  Same with Eric Sorenson - GOP threw a lot of money at this seat in IL

Slotkin should flip MI-07 once the blue parts dump

Give me your quick read on where we stand overall

Just now, F250 said:

I was just messing with you. My origin is Goliad/Victoria counties but yeah I wouldn't live in the area. Still stings a little when people talk about the area because I have a lot of family out there.

My dad's ranch is a little over a half hour to Port O'Connor. I usually go fishing with my cousins in Matagorda and Espiritu Espiritu Santo Bay.

My entire matrilineal family is from Matagorda County and I spent all of my summers/spring break/christmas breaks there as a kid. It's a shithole. 

7 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

You act like republican voters care/notice

The voters don't matter right now - they'll pull the (R) level no matter what.

But the BMDs and politicians care and notice.  This will be three elections in a row where Trump has cost them a lot one way or another.  He's not carrying people over finish lines.  

And I have absolutely no doubt that a whole lot of Trump-loving Republican politicians are going to be applying purity tests to their fellow Republicans.

And Trump is siphoning hundreds of millions of dollars into his PACs, that are not going to help Republican politicians win.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Give me your quick read on where we stand overall

Fetterman wins. Barnes barely falls. GA go to runoff. NV TBD bc they aren’t gonna tell us anything 

House single digit R majority. Maybe Dems can hold if they sweep the tossups and flip a bunch of CA races 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, RabidM said:

And, Oliver has several times the current margin and although they may not vote in the runoff, they sure as fuck ain't voting for Walker.

Just now, Js1 said:

Fetterman wins. Barnes barely falls. GA go to runoff. NV TBD bc they aren’t gonna tell us anything 

House single digit R majority. Maybe Dems can hold if they sweep the tossups and flip a bunch of CA races 

Have they called WI yet?  It looks to me like Johnson's ahead, but a lot (most?) of what's outstanding is Milwaukee.

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Even if she pulls it out, it should still scare the everliving shit out of Republicans, because if they pull off even a slight House majority, you know that she and her ilk will go even harder on trying to fuck everything up for everybody, thereby hurting Republicans in 2024.  And they'll be angry that the Rs lost too many races that they thought they'd win.

Makes me wonder how Trump will be viewed, because holy fuck did he suffer a lot of losses tonight.  He took potshots at DeSantis who performed well tonight, meanwhile plenty ofTrump's candidates that he loved got their asses kicked.

Counterpoint: Trump only cares about Trump--I doubt he even members the names of the candidates he "supported."  The best thing for them is the obvious thing--let him lose in court.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Beto just needs to change states or go back to the House or Representatives.  He'd easily win his way back to DC, just not in the type of role he wants. 

I think he's a great guy but his problem is his ambition is a little too much for the mountains he's trying to climb.  Go back to DC as a rep or be mayor of El Paso for a while and wait for the right opening, not just the next election.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Beto just needs to change states or go back to the House or Representatives.  He'd easily win his way back to DC, just not in the type of role he wants. 

Yeah he needs to scale back and win elections. The problem is that the big city mayors in Texas don't want to run for governor and we really don't have anybody else of big enough stature to have a shot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lemonlime said:

Have they called WI yet?  It looks to me like Johnson's ahead, but a lot (most?) of what's outstanding is Milwaukee.

That vote will get dumped probably overnight. That’s what happened in 2020 and they didn’t make counting any easier/more streamlined. (Fucking GOP legislature)

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

I am not criticizing you.  You are pointing out a certain political reality.  I have read the D takeover stuff here for a while, have even donated to Texas D candidates (fuck all those texts though). The rhetoric you are rolling out is not a winner in this state.  Blame it on the shit hole splits in the road (some of them are the best parts of Texas imo), or do a little political self reflection.  Hispanics are the political demographic of interest. Go ahead and tell me how that demographic characteristic breaks in Luling and Cuero. But keep condescending them and lets see how that works out. 

I’ve already said Texas is red for our lifetimes. And I love many small towns in Texas, even if I feel like I need to watch my backside. I basically just said that in my post.  Are they places you or I would want to raise a family? Absolutely not. So don’t pin that on me. Lulling ranks as one of the smelliest towns in Texas and when Pizza Hut is the top restaurant yeah, it lacks a lot. Doesn’t mean the people aren’t worthy of dignity or to be served well by government. But then they keep voting for social issues and bullshit lies and not for government service. Fine I get it, I don’t hold my wife’s hand in their town and I certainly ain’t dawning the pastel blue and pink flag for nothing there. But as for messaging? It’s not my messaging, I’m not the candidate or the party.  I swear I’ve watched you cherry pick for years it’s like debating here is a sport for you. You come off quite disingenuous to most of us, worthy of completely ignoring you.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Spoiler: they won't.  It's a cult.  Not a political party.  They still support him after he stole top secret government documents, tried to overthrow the government, and supported Putin.  Nothing will stop them from worshiping trump, unless he does us all a favor and chokes on a Big Mac.

This.  The people and pundits talking about how dotard is costing the Rs races in the midterms will completely forget their criticisms when he announces for president next week.  They will drop Desantis like 3rd period French.

• Hook 'Em 1

Wes Moore seems like the type of person the Democratic party should be pushing to have a bigger role in the party for future elections.

Josh Shapiro was the guy for me but Wes Moore is another badass I can get behind. East Coast is providing some support!
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Hopefully Beto built the infrastructure for others to follow.  Agree about the House.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

So there was a surprise in RI and maybe one coming in CO.  How many more needed?!

4 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

My entire matrilineal family is from Matagorda County and I spent all of my summers/spring break/christmas breaks there as a kid. It's a shithole. 

Try ranching every summer of your youth through teen years and the fun thing to do was visit the "new mall" in Victoria. Narrator: It wasn't new.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Js1 said:

NYT moving towards a single digit GOP House majority. 

That’s going to be a rough majority to manage.  You’ve got 150 members who want to default on the debt and 25 who mostly want to vote with the Democrats to save their seats. 

Had the Dems been a bit more clever about NY and MD resistricting and not pushed nonpartisan redistricting in VA, CO and WA, they would have held the house. 

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Even if she pulls it out, it should still scare the everliving shit out of Republicans, because if they pull off even a slight House majority, you know that she and her ilk will go even harder on trying to fuck everything up for everybody, thereby hurting Republicans in 2024.  And they'll be angry that the Rs lost too many races that they thought they'd win.

Makes me wonder how Trump will be viewed, because holy fuck did he suffer a lot of losses tonight.  He took potshots at DeSantis who performed well tonight, meanwhile plenty ofTrump's candidates that he loved got their asses kicked.

She lives in Rifle, correct? Thats in Garfield County, lulz.

image.png.7122d0fc6578aa2261e6c4b3ed25010c.png

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bullneck said:

So there was a surprise in RI and maybe one coming in CO.  How many more needed?!

A lot more. I just posted I don’t see a path bc some east coast races look like they won’t go our way. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, F250 said:

South Texas has its draw, and I get nothing but excited when I turn on 185 and then 35 headed to rockport. Driving across Texas is an absolute favorite thing to do. But the reality is like most of rural America, the world is leaving them behind and it’s sad it’s that way. The slow and simple life isn’t the issue - the piss poor quality of public education, lack of jobs, lack of infrastructure, lack of healthcare, that’s the travesty. That’s why they are shitholes, it’s not the people it’s the fact that politicians take their vote and do nothing for them. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Precisely this. Most Georgia republicans showed up to vote for Kemp and Raffensperger. They didn’t show up to vote for Walker, they just voted for him while they were there. Heck… Kemp out run Walker pretty badly. 

With kemp winning outright, Walker won’t have anywhere to hide and nobody to carry him.

I'd still be worried about Kemp shenanigans. Republicans love to mess with voters.  

• Hook 'Em 2