2022 Election Day Thread - Midterm Rumble

Js1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, troph said:

Outside of the quaint towns rural Texas is as much of a forgotten method plagued shit hole as any small town in Ohio or Pennsylvania. I mean just places the world has forgotten. Then you add the religion in those quaint towns and Texas is 90% trump everywhere that isn’t a major city. 

We went to Marshall, TX to buy some bougie ass miniature dachshund and that mother fucking town didn't even have water.  

Posted a thread about it.....

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

The democrats have to figure out a way to develop a galvanizing, resonant, common message.  That hasn't happened since the Clinton administration.
The GOP finds this far easier, because stoking culture war fear is easier.  It's the same reason conservative talk radio can be successful, and left-wing talk radio is rarely successful.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

We went to Marshall, TX to buy some bougie ass miniature dachshund and that mother fucking town didn't even have water.  

Posted a thread about it.....

I’ve been driving to rockport a lot this fall to fish and taking back roads. Towns we all know of from Victoria to cuero to luling and Gonzales, all shit holes, and all with some population. These towns are everywhere. 

I'll probably re-engage with the Tex-pats thread. Minneapolis is still pretty high on my list. They have walkable neighborhoods in the urban core that are affordable and I have friends there. Washington DC is also on my list (ironic I know but I like the walkability and there is more there than government). My wife has family in Connecticut, might consider it, but they are in small towns. I like East Coast small towns well enough (as opposed to red state small towns which are 99% shitholes) but I still prefer walkable urban places where I can have coffee with people from different places on a regular basis. I can do that here in Oklahoma but it takes quite a bit of effort and I just can't handle what I think is going to happen to the schools.

Peep Maryland as well. If not for family we wouldn’t be leaving our life here in Baltimore, and I like it for many of the reasons you called out.
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

North and South Dakota voting against tonight too. I think Missouri might legalize though.

It’s really disappointing tho. I remember a few years ago, Oklahoma legislators put on a full court press to stop medical and lost badly. I thought we made enough progress to win red states, but it’s looking like not.

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, TeeDubya said:

The democrats have to figure out a way to develop a galvanizing, resonant, common message.  That hasn't happened since the Clinton administration.
The GOP finds this far easier, because stoking culture war fear is easier.  It's the same reason conservative talk radio can be successful, and left-wing talk radio is rarely successful.

What are you talking about? The Democrats got destroyed in 1994 and the Republicans held control of the House and Senate right up until George W Bush fucked up majorly.

8 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Legal marijuana losing in Arkansas. It’s struggling to even win a county. What the hell is wrong with those people?

They already have medical, which if its anything like Oklahoma, is basically recreational. I know some people who voted for medical who might vote against recreational when we vote on it next year. I think some people truly believe that it is for medical purposes. True there are therapeutic uses, but 95% or more use it recreationally after a 2 minute online doctor visit. I said insomnia and stress. The doctor didn't even ask for specifics. I can buy all the weed I want now, lol.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Drool 2

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Dems hold OH-09. Designed to be a flip but the GOP candidate sucked and lied about his military record and was abandoned 

That one scared the shit out of me. That dude would have been the complete end of decorum in the House. Even worse than Greene. 

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

North and South Dakota voting against tonight too. 

Decades of bullshit propaganda is hard to overcome, I guess. At least the issue made it to the ballot in those states, which is more than we can say for the shithole we call home.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

They already have medical, which if its anything like Oklahoma, is basically recreational. I know some people who voted for medical who might vote against recreational when we vote on it next year. I think some people truly believe that it is for medical purposes. True there are therapeutic uses, but 95% or more use it recreationally after a 2 minute online doctor visit. I said insomnia and stress. The doctor didn't even ask for specifics. I can buy all the weed I want now, lol.

Shouldn’t they vote yes because of the simple concept of “ I don’t care what people do as long as it doesn’t effect me”?