USA World Cup Match 4: Netherlands

The Earl of Texas

This is the wrong lineup. One of Reyna or Aaronson need to be on the pitch. Jesus is fucking unplayable. 

Just lose this and fire this dickhead and make a run in 2026. 

Shout out to whoever was telling me that Robert Lewandoski in place of Jesus wouldn't make a difference. 

Edited by ztejas

5 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

This is incredibly stupid. This game has more than an hour to play, we're fine. We'll just need to settle in and play our game.

So the team that is averaging 0.75 goals per game who now need to score more than that are fine?

Speaking of stupid takes...

2 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I missed it in the pregame, is Sargent not fit? Ferreira has contributed absolutely zero through 25 minutes. 

Not a doctoer, but seemed like Sargent might've mildly hyperextended his knee against Iran.

And not fanboying for Jesus, but what would you have him do at this point? He hasn't gotten any service, and he's having to track back to defend the counter.

Aside from the terrible marking on Holland's counter, I think the US has looked pretty good.

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

And not fanboying for Jesus, but what would you have him do at this point? He hasn't gotten any service, and he's having to track back to defend the counter.

Jesus has been shockingly bad. Don't even attempt to begin defending him. Please. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, WBT said:

We don't look threatening at all in possession in the final 3rd.  They're happy to sit back and let us kick it around.

Yep. They can just crowd the box and force us to pick through the traffic …which we can’t. I’d say our best chance is a set piece except Pulisic is about as effective as I am on those.