Welcome to Costco .....

tx 3 putt

3 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

It's just a PSA for people who think that workaround is universal.

For me and the South Austin Costco, the only way to avoid all the assholes is to arrive at 8:20 M-Th, get a dirty look from the greeter and be told the store is closing in 10 minutes.

And then you still have to deal with all the Indian families who shop late, but that time is the best you're gonna get.

It's just a PSA for people who think that workaround is universal.
For me and the South Austin Costco, the only way to avoid all the assholes is to arrive at 8:20 M-Th, get a dirty look from the greeter and be told the store is closing in 10 minutes.
And then you still have to deal with all the Indian families who shop late, but that time is the best you're gonna get.

Eagerly awaiting your take on Costco India

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Frozen?  If you go to a high end butcher, are they selling you frozen or thawed Wagyu?

It may be thawed when you buy it from the high end butcher, but it came to him frozen. Like the rest of the steaks you buy at any grocer.

On 7/25/2023 at 2:28 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Frozen?  If you go to a high end butcher, are they selling you frozen or thawed Wagyu?

if it's from japan maybe (which that is)? it's vacuum sealed then frozen it looks like so should be fine?

1 hour ago, scottsins said:

Wut? I can get beef and seafood that’s never been frozen from my H‑E‑B.

You have fallen for marketing my friend. 

Source - My wife who has been a meat and seafood buyer for 15 years at both HEB and Whole Foods.

There may be a couple of never frozen items, but the vast majority (over 75%) of all the meat and seafood was frozen previously.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

Source - My wife who has been a meat and seafood buyer for 15 years at both HEB and Whole Foods.

There may be a couple of never frozen items, but the vast majority (over 75%) of all the meat and seafood was frozen previously.

i didn't know that about meat (but it makes sense) - my understanding is that basically all grocery store seafood is flash frozen on the boat with very, very few exceptions

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

giphy.gif

• 3 weeks later...

The A5 is legit.  Cooked it a few times.  It is so rich, 1 steak will feed 2 couples with leftovers.  Pro tip:  Sear very quickly.  Using typical cooking times for rare, medium rare, medium is too long for A5.  On the Blackstone, I do 2 minutes each side and it has a nice crust and a perfect rare/medium rare.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

These slam and go hard. Gonna go and buy them out tomorrow.

ba22ad25d1775455a343e73eff767ff2.jpg

I wanted to by these so badly, but they are loaded in carbs. Which pissed me off, because looking at the incredients I can't directly identify what they're putting on it to make them so fucking carb heavy. Shoshito peppers on their own aren't terribly carby. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I wanted to by these so badly, but they are loaded in carbs. Which pissed me off, because looking at the incredients I can't directly identify what they're putting on it to make them so fucking carb heavy. Shoshito peppers on their own aren't terribly carby. 

That's the only downside.  I couldn't figure it out either but I just googled maltodextrin and it's a straight carbohydrate powder used as a sweetener. 100g of maltodextrin contains 97g of carbs.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

That's the only downside.  I couldn't figure it out either but I just googled maltodextrin and it's a straight carbohydrate powder used as a sweetener. 100g of maltodextrin contains 97g of carbs.

God fucking damnit. Why the fuck can't these people learn to use erythritol?

Lol. I bought two long sleeve shirts today. 

Also, there was a woman in a short pink mini skirt today. Literally could see the fold of her butt as she pushed the cart. If she bent to get anything on the lower half of a shelf, it would have bared the entire thing. Seems like there is always 1-2 people just dressed wild in Costco when I visit. 

23 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Already has Christmas shit out in the woodlands

Mine too. 

• 3 weeks later...

Kirkland toilet paper fucking sucks and I’m pissed I see lots of carts at Costco carrying it. “Maybe they know something that I don’t”…Should’ve stuck with charmin soft, now we have this shit to deal with the next few weeks. Won’t get mad at kid for unraveling it
Their paper towels though are legit bountyesque

55 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Kirkland toilet paper fucking sucks and I’m pissed I see lots of carts at Costco carrying it. “Maybe they know something that I don’t”…Should’ve stuck with charmin soft, now we have this shit to deal with the next few weeks. Won’t get mad at kid for unraveling it

Don't even get me started on how coddled the modern anus is.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Compared to the Scott singly ply in my office shitters, Kirkland toilet paper is like wiping your ass with a huge fluffy cotton ball.

• Like 1