Welcome to Costco .....

tx 3 putt

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, I've become a middle-aged dad. Picked up some great deals on clothes at Costco. Got me a pair of pants, two pairs or shorts, a polo, and a shirt for a deal. 

And then I thought about going back after I wore them a time or two because I liked them.

season 4 episode 3 GIF by Workaholics

Lol, I've become a middle-aged dad. Picked up some great deals on clothes at Costco. Got me a pair of pants, two pairs or shorts, a polo, and a shirt for a deal. 
And then I thought about going back after I wore them a time or two because I liked them.
200.gif

The Arlington Costco, having a large Asian demo, has tons of men’s clothes in the small and medium, and not much in the double x fat I need. Hence I’m the guy wearing $8 polos from Sam’s.

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

The Arlington Costco, having a large Asian demo, has tons of men’s clothes in the small and medium, and not much in the double x fat I need. Hence I’m the guy wearing $8 polos from Sam’s.

houston costcos only ever carry XXXXXL anything.  i have to order my smedium undershirts on the internets. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

season 4 episode 3 GIF by Workaholics

Drip Drip Bangladeshi GIF by GifGari

14 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

You have to admit, their clothes are remarkably awful.  I've found some boxers there, maybe some socks, but other than that . . .

I don't get Kirkland Signature stuff. It's all name brand. Sometimes there is nothing that I like, and other times there is tons of stuff. Bought an Eddie Bauer hoodie awhile back that I love. Wish I got two. Shorts I just got are Hurley hybrids, which are great for summer. Lightweight polos as well that are comfortable in the summer.

I'm not ready for the runway in Milan, but it's not the equivalent of socks and sandals either.

On 4/16/2023 at 1:26 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Haven't been to CostCo in awhile . . . any Austinites know how their steaks are priced these days?  Choice or Prime, don't care.  Ribeye, NY Strip, or tenderloin.

I think they're pretty standard pricing across Texas (my mom shops in the Frisco Costco and has the same prices as me in Houston).  Choice tenderloin/filet are around $19 per pound, prime tenderloin/filet is $22/$23 per pound.  I believe Prime Strip is around $20 per pound, choice strip is $18?  Prime Ribeye is $19 and choice ribeye is $16/$17.  I haven't bought strip or ribeye from Costco in a while.  Filet prices were as of last weekend.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

I think they're pretty standard pricing across Texas (my mom shops in the Frisco Costco and has the same prices as me in Houston).  Choice tenderloin/filet are around $19 per pound, prime tenderloin/filet is $22/$23 per pound.  I believe Prime Strip is around $20 per pound, choice strip is $18?  Prime Ribeye is $19 and choice ribeye is $16/$17.  I haven't bought strip or ribeye from Costco in a while.  Filet prices were as of last weekend.

Thanks.  Prime Strip at HEB is $15-$16 / lb right now, so that works a bit better.  Might not be as good a steak, though.

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Thanks.  Prime Strip at HEB is $15-$16 / lb right now, so that works a bit better.  Might not be as good a steak, though.

I've bought both prime and choice steaks from Costco and they are my go to, and better than anything I can find at a grocery store... but I also don't have HEB. Always a better price. 

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

4 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I've bought both prime and choice steaks from Costco and they are my go to, and better than anything I can find at a grocery store... but I also don't have HEB. Always a better price. 

My HEB prime steaks are the equivalent of Costco choice.  Costco prime is a very very good steak.  I've just started buying choice at Costco. 

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

My HEB prime steaks are the equivalent of Costco choice.  Costco prime is a very very good steak.  I've just started buying choice at Costco. 

Yes, CostCo's strategy is "choice or better".  I've bought "choice" steaks there that are absolutely as good as most prime cuts elsewhere.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

5 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yes, CostCo's strategy is "choice or better".  I've bought "choice" steaks there that are absolutely as good as most prime cuts elsewhere.

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

their New York choice strip is consistently excellent 

All of these. I only buy steaks from Costco these days because they're way better on quality and price than anywhere else. 

• 2 weeks later...
Whatever brand of candles they currently have on the shelf, they’ll be great. Highly recommend 

I have actually started preemptively buying candles from there to stop my wife from buying elsewhere. It’s kind of working

On 4/18/2023 at 5:38 PM, Gil Bang said:

none of the motherfuckers carry shoes in grown-up sizes. 

they go up to a size 13 online, also you can find talls and probably other extended sizes of clothing on their website...and just return to the store if it doesn't work out.

All of these. I only buy steaks from Costco these days because they're way better on quality and price than anywhere else. 
Note that Costco "blade tenderizes" their steaks, which means that they've used a machine (a swissing machine) that uses tiny knives to punch a multitude of holes into each steak. This does lead to an increased risk of food borne illness

They don't do this with the primals.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

Please show your work in one of the cooking apps.

Will do.  I've done a couple of these before, mostly using the Franklin's approach (flattened, brined, and mostly cooked skin down) as outlined in this video:

https://www.tpt.org/bbq-with-franklin/video/bbq-franklin-episode-3-whole-hog/

I've got to build a new cinder block pit.  This fella is going to christen it around the 4th of July.

• Hook 'Em 2

200.gif

The problem is that if you don’t buy something when you see it, it probably won’t be there when you go back. Inventory turns over fast.

• 1 month later...

Costco going the way of Netflix.  Start cracking down on card sharing.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/nation-world/costco-cracks-down-sharing-membership-cards-self-checkouts/507-1d89464f-6e4b-46e7-b3bb-11a27b42e974?fbclid=IwAR3JMsOjFYdgcb0mQr7LAYov3ABkCn82Aja9V4xg1XVpBq67CxuiUpeyUI4

WASHINGTON — Costco is getting stricter about enforcing its membership rules after seeing more non-members using membership cards that don't belong to them at self-checkouts.

The wholesale club's policy requires shoppers to have a paid membership to shop there, and they must show their membership cards when entering the warehouse and scan them when checking out. 

"Our membership policy states that our membership cards are not transferable and since expanding our self-service checkout, we’ve noticed that non-member shoppers have been using membership cards that do not belong to them," Costco said in a statement.

To crack down on unauthorized card-sharing, Costco said employees are now asking to see shoppers' membership cards with their photo at self-checkout. If the membership card does not have a photo, then employees ask for a photo ID.

"Costco is able to keep our prices as low as possible because our membership fees help offset our operational expenses, making our membership fee and structure important to us," Costco said in a statement. "We don’t feel it’s right that non members receive the same benefits and pricing as our members."

Costco's basic Gold Star membership costs $60 per year and Executive memberships cost $120 annually and come with extra perks. Both tiers allow for two individual cards per membership.

While Costco is the third-largest retail company in the U.S. by sales revenue, much of Costco's profit comes from membership fees. According to third-quarter SEC filings, the wholesale club has more than 69 million members and nearly 125 million authorized membership cardholders as of May 2023.

2 hours ago, PilotsError said:

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/nation-world/costco-cracks-down-sharing-membership-cards-self-checkouts/507-1d89464f-6e4b-46e7-b3bb-11a27b42e974?fbclid=IwAR3JMsOjFYdgcb0mQr7LAYov3ABkCn82Aja9V4xg1XVpBq67CxuiUpeyUI4

Hide contents

WASHINGTON — Costco is getting stricter about enforcing its membership rules after seeing more non-members using membership cards that don't belong to them at self-checkouts.

The wholesale club's policy requires shoppers to have a paid membership to shop there, and they must show their membership cards when entering the warehouse and scan them when checking out. 

"Our membership policy states that our membership cards are not transferable and since expanding our self-service checkout, we’ve noticed that non-member shoppers have been using membership cards that do not belong to them," Costco said in a statement.

To crack down on unauthorized card-sharing, Costco said employees are now asking to see shoppers' membership cards with their photo at self-checkout. If the membership card does not have a photo, then employees ask for a photo ID.

"Costco is able to keep our prices as low as possible because our membership fees help offset our operational expenses, making our membership fee and structure important to us," Costco said in a statement. "We don’t feel it’s right that non members receive the same benefits and pricing as our members."

Costco's basic Gold Star membership costs $60 per year and Executive memberships cost $120 annually and come with extra perks. Both tiers allow for two individual cards per membership.

While Costco is the third-largest retail company in the U.S. by sales revenue, much of Costco's profit comes from membership fees. According to third-quarter SEC filings, the wholesale club has more than 69 million members and nearly 125 million authorized membership cardholders as of May 2023.

I don't get why people get all caught up in this, there is an easy way around having to have a Costco membership. Give someone a gift card  to Costco, That gift card will get you into the club, and then I've been told that you can buy whatever you want, including another gift card.
Maybe they will close this loophole and only let you spend what is the the gift card, but I doubt it.
If I go in with a $100 gift card, they are going to let me buy $200-$500 because they want the sales.

I have done it with one of my sons and his wife - that way I don't have to go with them when they go shopping.

(it has been probably a year since they did it, so maybe it doesn't work anymore)

4 hours ago, PilotsError said:

Reveal hidden contents

i was at Costco Richmond yesterday, zero card checks