Welcome to Costco .....

tx 3 putt

Was at costco 3 times today.  Yes, a woman was involved.  They were checking cards at self checkout as you got in line.

Why 3 times?  We were early for her dental appointment, and stopped at costco for gas as the tank was below 1/4.  She says  we've got a half-hour to kill, so let's go in and walk around.  Buy a few things.   Go to her appointment.  On the way back, she wants to stop to buy cold fridge and freezer stuff.  Whatever, she gave me a blowjob this morning, so I'm OK with going again.   While we are there, she notices a rug she likes, so we bring the groceries home, put them away, and then back to costco in my truck for the rug. 

4 hours ago, UnivTex34 said:

We got checked at the south Austin store last week. Just waved my app at her.

going in?  getting the store is never an issue. It's checkout where they are cracking down.

15 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Was at costco 3 times today.  Yes, a woman was involved.  They were checking cards at self checkout as you got in line.

Why 3 times?  We were early for her dental appointment, and stopped at costco for gas as the tank was below 1/4.  She says  we've got a half-hour to kill, so let's go in and walk around.  Buy a few things.   Go to her appointment.  On the way back, she wants to stop to buy cold fridge and freezer stuff.  Whatever, she gave me a blowjob this morning, so I'm OK with going again.   While we are there, she notices a rug she likes, so we bring the groceries home, put them away, and then back to costco in my truck for the rug. 

going in?  getting the store is never an issue. It's checkout where they are cracking down.

This was not in entry, which is standard. 

This was in the line for self-checkout.

It was a slightly harder look than the entry, but not much more.

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

i was at Costco Richmond yesterday, zero card checks 

Family goes to Costco pretty much every Sunday after church.  Every time as we near the entrance I make my son go fetch a cart, which is on the other side of the entrance/exit.  There's too much chaos for the door host to see us together.  The other three of us immediately enter the building and flash the card, leaving him alone to walk in with his cart and no card, lol.  Hasn't been stopped yet

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Wade said:

Family goes to Costco pretty much every Sunday after church.  Every time as we near the entrance I make my son go fetch a cart, which is on the other side of the entrance/exit.  There's too much chaos for the door host to see us together.  The other three of us immediately enter the building and flash the card, leaving him alone to walk in with his cart and no card, lol.  Hasn't been stopped yet

just say 'I'm going to the pharmacy' 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Tell her multiple Costco trips require bj's in bulk, too. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, elfenix said:

costco woodlands practically assaults you if you don't give them your card for inspection upon entry

I've not seen any membership policing at the door for many years, but the Houston Greenway location has been locked down very tightly for the past week or so.

Just got checked as I was waiting in line. The person behind me got nabbed.

Costco Employee: "Ma'am can I see your membership card with photo?"

Shopper: "Here it is. It's my son's card, but I use it."

CE: "Do you have a card with your photo and membership info."

S: " It's my son's card, but I use it."

CE: "Not no mo. Go put back that pallet of post-it notes and that 50lb sack of organic cheese puffs. Then GTFO."

Squib inching toward the self checkout. 

image.png.2ef5e0dbedabadf6f4d1ee1cfe5d81f4.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 6/29/2023 at 10:46 PM, elfenix said:

costco woodlands practically assaults you if you don't give them your card for inspection upon entry

If my wife is straggling behind with the kids or a cart, I have to tell the door monitor “they’re with me” like it’s an exclusive night club. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

If my wife is straggling behind with the kids or a cart, I have to tell the door monitor “they’re with me” like it’s an exclusive night club. 

"That woman will try to say she is with me. She's not."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My wife and I went to Costco Bunker Hill and at self check-out, I decided to go to bathroom.  It’s my card and she got denied even after telling them I’m just taking a piss.  Had to let one person ahead of her and wait on me so they are getting strict about it apparently.

55 minutes ago, Hornbeliever said:

@DalTxHornFan been wanting to cook one of these….how much did this cost and did you have to order it ahead of time?

Right around $200, I think, a little less than $5 a pound.  I didn't have to special order it, but they only had two in their freezer and I got the smaller one.  The business centers have great meat like specialty roasts, and some other whole animals like lamb and goat.  I think that lots of small restaurants must shop there.

BTW, the little fellow met his fate this weekend.  Delicious!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

You would love Costco Mexico:

1. Must bring at least 5 family members with you, including an abuela in a wheelchair or walker
  2. Stop with entire family in every aisle to talk, make calls, breakdance, whatever you feel like doing, as long as it's stationary
  3. When actually pushing your cart, you must push it down the middle of the aisle so no one can get around you.
  4. Waiting in checkout lines (or any line) is optional. If the line is too long, just approach from the side and push your cart in front of anyone who leaves a 2 foot gap. Act surprised and horrified when other shoppers have the gall to tell you to go to the back of the line. You can also ignore them and pretend to take phone calls.
  5. When checking out, each family member should pay separately for various items in the cart. Pay with coins, but don't began looking for them in your bag until you have seen the total and argued about the price of at least 7 items.

Sounds like the Walmart in Plano at Coit and the Bush.  I have honestly pondered going over to the toy department and getting a whiffle ball bat to beat on people with exhibiting all the above behavior.

On 7/3/2023 at 1:08 PM, rage-a-holic said:

1. Must bring at least 5 family members with you, including an abuela in a wheelchair or walker
  2. Stop with entire family in every aisle to talk, make calls, breakdance, whatever you feel like doing, as long as it's stationary
  3. When actually pushing your cart, you must push it down the middle of the aisle so no one can get around you.
  4. Waiting in checkout lines (or any line) is optional. If the line is too long, just approach from the side and push your cart in front of anyone who leaves a 2 foot gap. Act surprised and horrified when other shoppers have the gall to tell you to go to the back of the line. You can also ignore them and pretend to take phone calls.
  5. When checking out, each family member should pay separately for various items in the cart. Pay with coins, but don't began looking for them in your bag until you have seen the total and argued about the price of at least 7 items.

Username?

👍

On 7/3/2023 at 1:08 PM, rage-a-holic said:

Internets award winner of the month.

image.jpeg.2054bd49176ad2939dd54c6424cefd53.jpeg

Picked these up on a whim. Takes 10 minutes to heat em up the oven or air fryer. They arent as good as fresh grilled in a grill basket, but sometimes you dont want to buy/chop 5 different types of veggies and fire up the charcoal grill. I guess some costcos also carry a similar product with brussels sprouts, but I havent had those.  Been heating em up in the same foil pan as this chicken (also Costco) for a reasonably healthy, quick dinner.

image.png.55a20c5234832ce4d8b63c086e145261.png

That chicken is pretty solid for salads/pastas as well if you're in a rush. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The provincial vegetables are Solid.

I’m irritated, the Costco at bunker hill moved all the nuts and many of the chips to the front right by the entrance, and in the process don’t seem to carry Hilo chips, Blue Diamond Chile Lime almonds, or the baked edamame my wife likes anymore. Irritating. 

33 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The provincial vegetables are Solid.

I’m irritated, the Costco at bunker hill moved all the nuts and many of the chips to the front right by the entrance, and in the process don’t seem to carry Hilo chips, Blue Diamond Chile Lime almonds, or the baked edamame my wife likes anymore. Irritating. 

We have been making our weekend trips to the new Kyle Location, as it is about the same drive from our south Austin location. Bigger store plus gas and they are not crazy busy like the Austin stores makes for a much better experience.

• Hook 'Em 2

Eagerly awaiting your take on Costco Asia
  • Haha 1

The obliviousness of the average Costco shopper is astounding

it takes all I have not to put people in the wall like we’re at Talladega

bring the entire family, walk five wide down the aisle slowly, more to the left side

and by “walk” I mean “mope”

camp out in the middle of the aisle, with the cart perpendicular to the aisle, waiting for some free sample, surrounded by three generations

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

I haven't been shopping at CostCo much as our household dwindles.  Unfortunately, I need to provide Gatorade or equivalent for 200 people this week.  Is CostCo the go-to choice?  I would think the big flatbed carts alone would make it easier, and if they have a Kirkland brand . . . is this the right angle?

On 7/14/2023 at 7:57 PM, UnivTex34 said:

We have been making our weekend trips to the new Kyle Location, as it is about the same drive from our south Austin location. Bigger store plus gas and they are not crazy busy like the Austin stores makes for a much better experience.

The new Georgetown store seems to have reduced the traffic at the Cedar Park store this week.  Easier to dash in and get NY Strips and wine and then GTFO.  (I am a buyer -- not a shopper!)

Edited by DalTxHornFan

16 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I haven't been shopping at CostCo much as our household dwindles.  Unfortunately, I need to provide Gatorade or equivalent for 200 people this week.  Is CostCo the go-to choice?  I would think the big flatbed carts alone would make it easier, and if they have a Kirkland brand . . . is this the right angle?

Every Costco is different and has some different shit, but I've never seen a Kirkland brand gatorade there. They do have Gatorade and Gatorade zero, however. 

image.png.da2471b8f49c65ba444667f8b7eed221.png

Not Sure why Gatorade Zero isn't showing up in the website search, but I was just there on Friday and they had it in two different sizes. Additionally, not sure how this stacks up to prices at HEB or whatnot, but they do have it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Every Costco is different and has some different shit, but I've never seen a Kirkland brand gatorade there. They do have Gatorade and Gatorade zero, however. 

image.png.da2471b8f49c65ba444667f8b7eed221.png

Not Sure why Gatorade Zero isn't showing up in the website search, but I was just there on Friday and they had it in two different sizes. Additionally, not sure how this stacks up to prices at HEB or whatnot, but they do have it. 

We haven't purchased in a while, but bought this for several years:

Screenshot2023-07-17at8_24_55AM.thumb.png.7343cb059fb6c3552914fe7bceda5a7a.png

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, 4th and 5 said:

The obliviousness of the average Costco shopper is astounding

it takes all I have not to put people in the wall like we’re at Talladega

bring the entire family, walk five wide down the aisle slowly, more to the left side

and by “walk” I mean “mope”

camp out in the middle of the aisle, with the cart perpendicular to the aisle, waiting for some free sample, surrounded by three generations

Walk in, show your card, and make a hard right.  Aisle along the side with the mattresses is for passing the dipshits.  

• Hook 'Em 3

On 7/16/2023 at 3:26 PM, jimmyjazz said:

7 hours ago, UnivTex34 said:

We haven't purchased in a while, but bought this for several years:

Screenshot2023-07-17at8_24_55AM.thumb.png.7343cb059fb6c3552914fe7bceda5a7a.png

the case of the above is my go to  $11.99

better than Gatorade and all 3 flavors are money dude

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 7/17/2023 at 7:48 AM, Jerry Callo said:

Walk in, show your card, and make a hard right.  Aisle along the side with the mattresses is for passing the dipshits.  

This assumes every Costco entrance and store layout is the same. They aren't. Also assumes stupid assholes don't block the wall aisle that has mattresses and other shit. Hint: they do.

• Hook 'Em 1