UGA vs Ohio State, First Round, Dec. 31

Parliament

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

This is definitely the greatest day in the history of the CFP. I can't wait until we have a 12 team playoff now if we get a weekend with six games with that kind of drama and intensity.

I have to admit that might give the cws a run for its money. 

• Like 2

Just now, naija said:

is ztejas, Derka? do we have two Derka-types? its a remarkable ability to turn every thread into something about you and the worth of your opinions...

No ztejas just argues when he’s drunk. He’s otherwise a pretty decent poster. 

Edited by troph
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Bama/Tenn wasn't to go to the national championship.   2006 was the national championship

Apparently I hit a nerve with that comment. Y’all keep thinking that that wasn't a fucking all-timer.  dude, the TCU game also went down to the last second as well... good game. but not the greatest

Biggest 4Q comeback in CFP history.   ok, you get this one (because you said CFP) ...   meanwhile in 2006 in the national championship game it was a 12 point deficit with 6:42  left to go.   Georgia had the entire 4th qtr to overcome 14

No matter what happens a bunch of people on Surly have to be jaded and cynical and miserable. 

this is part of what worries me about Sark. There is a nice body of data on what type of coach he is. Day doesn't have the length of coaching but already you can see what his Achilles' heel is. no matter what platitudes they spit out before the game, it is very hard for men of that age to not revert to their mean come crunch time. very. wish casting that someone will magically change and sustain that change is a fool's game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Bama/Tenn wasn't to go to the national championship.

Apparently I hit a nerve with that comment. Y’all keep thinking that that wasn't a fucking all-timer. 

Biggest 4Q comeback in CFP history. 

No matter what happens a bunch of people on Surly have to be jaded and cynical and miserable. 

Why is this so important to you? It was a great game — everyone agrees. Chill.

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Man, that debate is still talked about, but my take away is still Clarett. Dude was incredible as a frosh 

I think it was a bad call. I also think losing Willis early in the 4th hurt. He was starting to get rolling. That’s one of the best things about sports, the arguing 20 years later.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:
I have never heard of him so that would be a big fat no

I've never heard of him either and still have no idea who he is. Is this someone the mainstream media is telling us to hate??

Must be some TikTok loser that these dorks follow 

Feel bad for Stroud because thought the play calling at the end was bad.

And really just the last three plays, but yeah…

He did miss some underneath routes that would have got them closer, but playing for the kick was probably not the move there given all the bed shitting up to that point.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, naija said:

this is part of what worries me about Sark. There is a nice body of data on what type of coach he is. Day doesn't have the length of coaching but already you can see what his Achilles' heel is. no matter what platitudes they spit out before the game, it is very hard for men of that age to not revert to their mean come crunch time. very. wish casting that someone will magically change and sustain that change is a fool's game.

The difference is Day is really close. He can break through. Sarks breakthrough will be 10 wins. 

• Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, troph said:

The difference is Day is really close. He can break through. Sarks breakthrough will be 10 wins. 

sure, he can. like Mack Brown did. but then comes the part about sustaining it. we saw what happened then. strong revert to comfort. that part is harder.

1 minute ago, naija said:

sure, he can. like Mack Brown did. but then comes the part about sustaining it. we saw what happened then. strong revert to comfort. that part is harder.

Yeah but I’d take Day over Sark well, you know how the phrase goes. 

very few dynasty coaches out there. Being in the top 4 multiple times is beyond our hopes it seems like and he’s got them there.

Guys I'm the fucking best and I'm always going to be the best. Posters like @troph, @naija and @AUS-97HORN try and hold me down but at the end of the day they're just jealous and mad about how much more popular I am than them. Frankly it's embarassing. 

All I do here is call out the bullshit and correct the inequity. Yet you have posters like this trying to demean me and minimize my contributions. 

Frankly I'm sick of it and I deserve better. When it comes to subjects like ranking the best CFP games of all time it gets really serious and Surly needs to be on the right side of history. 

I can't believe posters like this would ever act like my foremost and first interest isn't the advancement of the rankings of the greatest college football games of all time. 

Y’all need to get your shit together. This is serious stuff and I'm a very serious individual. 

• Haha 4
  • Drool 2

12 team playoff is going to fuck. I'm a 16 man, myself, but, let's get it started. 

It’s gonna be a battle of attrition at the end… one thing that stood out today, besides the competitive matchups, was the significant number of injuries to key players.

Sure, next man up and all that, but as you saw towards the end of the game with tOSU it’s a lot harder when key playmakers are out to… you know, make big plays when it counts.

Having to play 2 or potentially 3 more games to win it all is gonna be VERY interesting. Makes me think that a lot more Boise State finishes are possible, and that someone will sneak through based on health/luck/perseverance and somehow win it all.

I’m all for that but damn is it going to sting for the teams who go undefeated only to catch the injury bug in the playoffs and lose out. Anyway, bring on the madness… we’re all ready!

Just now, Party_Taco said:

It’s gonna be a battle of attrition at the end… one thing that stood out today, besides the competitive matchups, was the significant number of injuries to key players.

Sure, next man up and all that, but as you saw towards the end of the game with tOSU it’s a lot harder when key playmakers are out to… you know, make big plays when it counts.

Having to play 2 or potentially 3 more games to win it all is gonna be VERY interesting. Makes me think that a lot more Boise State finishes are possible, and that someone will sneak through based on health/luck/perseverance and somehow win it all.

I’m all for that but damn is it going to sting for the teams who go undefeated only to catch the injury bug in the playoffs and lose out. Anyway, bring on the madness… we’re all ready!

hard the same thought. something will have to give. after a few years, you will hear talk about expanding the number of players on a roster and even more leniency on eligibility/redshirting.

you can't have 3 weekends of this without an injury penalty

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Yeah but I’d take Day over Sark well, you know how the phrase goes. 

very few dynasty coaches out there. Being in the top 4 multiple times is beyond our hopes it seems like and he’s got them there.

Fortunately we only need top 12 soon.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Guys I'm the fucking best and I'm always going to be the best. Posters like @troph, @naija and @AUS-97HORN try and hold me down but at the end of the day they're just jealous and mad about how much more popular I am than them. Frankly it's embarassing. 

All I do here is call out the bullshit and correct the inequity. Yet you have posters like this trying to demean me and minimize my contributions. 

Frankly I'm sick of it and I deserve better.

nobody-cares-nobody-gives-a-fck.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hmmm...come back to georgia and slay college poon vs branch manager at Enterprise. its a tough call

Dude won first Georgia NC in more than 40 years. He’s got a $500K/year job the rest of his life working for UGA grad business owners if he wants.
  • Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, troph said:

I have to admit that might give the cws a run for its money. 

they really did all acquit themselves well, nobody looked like a fraud. they all deserved to be there. 

kudos to the frogs. they made a lot of 'first' lists today. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Number One Party GIF by Ben L

42 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Frankly I'm sick of it and I deserve better. When it comes to subjects like ranking the best CFP games of all time it gets really serious and Surly needs to be on the right side of history. 

I can't believe posters like this would ever act like my foremost and first interest isn't the advancement of the rankings of the greatest college football games of all time. 

Y’all need to get your shit together. This is serious stuff and I'm a very serious individual. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, millhouse said:

Number One Party GIF by Ben L

That dude in that gif looks pretty dope. He looks like he parties and knows a lot more about everything than the people around him. Reminds me of myself.

Could you share that with me? Also maybe give me a lead on what movie or TV show that's from. 

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1