Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

13 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

randi trew has a documented history of being a drunken, abusive person that predates the night of the incident; chris beard doesn’t.

randi trew was a drunken asshole for the entirety of the NYC trip; chris beard wasn’t.

randi trew was drunk the night of the incident; chris beard wasn’t.

randi trew instigated and escalated the entire incident from the night in question, including the physical assault; chris beard didn’t.

you are either completely self deluded or straight up dishonest if you try to tell me that chris beard is randi trew’s abuser based on this event. again, if you switch their genders then brian fantana is 100% in here advocating for beard as the victim in this case. YOU, BF, are the one who is taking a side based on gender and gender alone. fucking miss me with your uninformed, self deluded, holier than thou, SJW bullshit.

None of this fucking matters as to why he got fired.  If we are arguing whether it's OK to call him an abuser or not, then I'll step out, because I frankly don't care.  And if you think he should have been fired as you note above, then you need another Elsa post.  We all are in violent agreement that he should have been fired.  After that, who gives a shit?  He didn't go to jail, and he landed a decent gig that will likely vault him back into something equivalent to Texas or better.  

• Hook 'Em 3

This thread puzzles me. Almost everyone is adamant in their viewpoint that either Beard was (partially) responsible and deserved firing, or was possibly the victim of an abuser and thus shouldn’t have been fired. 

Anyone who takes a firm stance on this issue, either way, is wrong, in my opinion, unless they have inside information on the actual facts of the case. And here is why.

Most are arguing that just because Beard ended up in an orange jumpsuit and/or hurt the reputation of the university, he deserved firing because the argument is he should not have put himself into that situation. That may be true. But it may also not be true.

As Derka correctly points out, the courts, society, and laws have recognized the challenges that victims of domestic abuse must navigate. If he truly was a victim of domestic abuse, then you can’t necessarily automatically deem him in the wrong unless you knew all of the specific details of the situation. 

People lie their ass off all the time. Nothing you hear in the media is necessarily true. So stop acting like there are concrete facts. 

Conversely, he shouldn’t automatically get a hall pass either. We don’t know what really happened.

At this point I’m assuming that CDC uncovered enough private information to deem him guilty enough to be fired. But I’m sure not going to condemn him or argue he deserved it. Because to do so would potentially ignore a domestic abuse situation, which would be very wrong if it existed. 

It’s simple as to why he was fired, Texas couldn’t trust him. Had he gone in and begged to keep his job, agreed to take any action necessary, he’d still be coaching at Texas. Instead he acted as though he did nothing wrong and Texas should support him, no questions asked. 

It’s he said/she said and would’ve quickly gone away, much like it has now.  He certainly has the reputation of loving to drink. Tough combo in a high profile job. When he first got to Texas and decided it was a good idea to hit every college bar he ever drank at, I posted that Texas needed to find him a driver. Like most that abuse alcohol, they think they have it all under control. He does not.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Revolution512 said:

It’s simple as to why he was fired, Texas couldn’t trust him. Had he gone in and begged to keep his job, agreed to take any action necessary, he’d still be coaching at Texas. Instead he acted as though he did nothing wrong and Texas should support him, no questions asked. 

Yeah there really was no contrition. 

Like come out, apologize publicly, take a season long suspension, offer to do something like anger management, this all goes away and swept under the rug.  I assume the final nail in the coffin was the letter from the lawyer that was a giant "fuck you" to CDC. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This thread puzzles me. Almost everyone is adamant in their viewpoint that either Beard was (partially) responsible and deserved firing, or was possibly the victim of an abuser and thus shouldn’t have been fired. 

Anyone who takes a firm stance on this issue, either way, is wrong, in my opinion, unless they have inside information on the actual facts of the case. And here is why.

Most are arguing that just because Beard ended up in an orange jumpsuit and/or hurt the reputation of the university, he deserved firing because the argument is he should not have put himself into that situation. That may be true. But it may also not be true.

As Derka correctly points out, the courts, society, and laws have recognized the challenges that victims of domestic abuse must navigate. If he truly was a victim of domestic abuse, then you can’t necessarily automatically deem him in the wrong unless you knew all of the specific details of the situation. 

People lie their ass off all the time. Nothing you hear in the media is necessarily true. So stop acting like there are concrete facts. 

Conversely, he shouldn’t automatically get a hall pass either. We don’t know what really happened.

At this point I’m assuming that CDC uncovered enough private information to deem him guilty enough to be fired. But I’m sure not going to condemn him or argue he deserved it. Because to do so would potentially ignore a domestic abuse situation, which would be very wrong if it existed. 

For me, I get why it happened, given the alleged circumstances.

As a leader and face of ginourmous conglomeration of many people's efforts and hopes, he failed to remove himself from the situation.  and by removal, I don't mean moving to the guest bedroom.

1 minute ago, slorch said:

For me, I get why it happened, given the alleged circumstances.

As a leader and face of ginourmous conglomeration of many people's efforts and hopes, he failed to remove himself from the situation.  and by removal, I don't mean moving to the guest bedroom.

That’s the part that always got me. Like bro, we paid you $5m, you couldn’t go get a hotel room or sleep in your office? Remove yourself from a toxic situation before things escalated to violence 

Hell go book a room at the AT&T conf center on campus and charge it to CDC

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

The "why didn't he just remove himself from the situation?" argument always tinges with a bit of unintended sexism to me. It implies that the female was crazy, emotional, and unhinged, while the male was rational and level-headed until she went too far, and he had to fight back.

Bullshit. They're both batshit crazy drama queens who probably get off on this shit. I don't know why we're so hesitant to say that about men. It's probably why they're attracted to each other, it's why they're still together, and it's why something like almost certainly will happen again in their mutually destructive relationship. God help whomever attempts to employ him long term.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

The "why didn't he just remove himself from the situation?" argument always tinges with a bit of unintended sexism to me. It implies that the female was crazy, emotional, and unhinged, while the male was rational and level-headed until she went too far, and he had to fight back.

Bullshit. They're both batshit crazy drama queens. I don't know why we're so hesitant to say that about men. It's probably why they're attracted to each other, it's why they're still together, and it's why something like almost certainly will happen again in their mutually destructive relationship. God help whomever attempts to employ him long term.

This is absolutely on point. If Beard had the self awareness and wherewithal to remove himself from the situation, he wouldn't even be in the relationship to begin with.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

I didn’t mean to put it on Beard/Randi in a sexist manner. The original story was he went to the guest room after she started shit and she followed him there. In which case, I still think he should have just left. Sure, if she then follows him in her car, you call the cops 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

Beard's reported lack of contrition and his attitude with Texas/CDC that y'all have mentioned is a HUGE red flag in the "Beard is not an abuser" argument. That's not how a victim would act. 

The whole thing screams mutually abusive relationship. This was not his wife/mother of his children. He got divorced and then later chose to be with this woman. He brought her from Lubbock to Austin. I'm sure the sex was "amazing". Dumbass. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

you don’t make accusations about someone that are this serious without iron clad proof.

randi trew has a documented history of being a drunken, abusive person that predates the night of the incident; chris beard doesn’t.

randi trew was a drunken asshole for the entirety of the NYC trip; chris beard wasn’t.

randi trew was drunk the night of the incident; chris beard wasn’t.

randi trew instigated and escalated the entire incident from the night in question, including the physical assault; chris beard didn’t.

For how many of those 4 statements do you have "iron clad proof"?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

For how many of those 4 statements do you have "iron clad proof"?

1)ask anyone from the lubbock area, including the folks at frenship HS who let her go for being abusive

2)go ahead and ask anyone in the athletic department/anyone who was there. this is not conjecture, this is a fact.

3) and 4)go ahead pull out your google app, find randi trew’s own statements in the night, then come back here one minute later and tell me what you’ve found.

man you really owned me on that one. 🙄 

Edited by shadow_operative

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Bullshit. They're both batshit crazy drama queens who probably get off on this shit. I don't know why we're so hesitant to say that about men. It's probably why they're attracted to each other, it's why they're still together, and it's why something like almost certainly will happen again in their mutually destructive relationship. God help whomever attempts to employ him long term.

No.  His partner could have been male, trans, whatever.  Her being female has nothing to do with my reasoning.  It is a matter of leadership and responsibility on his part towards UT, if he was so-inclined to remained a highly compensated leader of the basketball program.

Remove the toxicity from your life.  It's a risk.  It could be in the form of a friend, whatever.  It's not limited to being a female partner.

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

what a lame ass attempt at a gotcha moment. you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about yet you want to take someone else to task over it. do better.

Oh fuck off.  My point stands.  You don't have "iron clad proof" of some of those statements.

Look past your hatred of me and consider what you fucking write sometimes.

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Oh fuck off.  My point stands.  You don't have "iron clad proof" of some of those statements.

Look past your hatred of me and consider what you fucking write sometimes.

lololol god you get yourself so worked up and upset every time you disagree with me. and your point doesn’t stand because you have no point. all of those things happened. you can google 3/4 and get your ironclad proof, and the other one is one of the worst kept secrets about this entire fiasco. you’re just being your usual whiny self about all of this. and even if i had just completely made up all four points you STILL wouldn’t have a point, as accusing someone of losing their job for being verbally abusive (which happened) and being publicly drunk on a basketball trip (also happened) are not the same as accusing someone of being a domestic abuser (didn’t happen, and is a much more serious accusation). but uh, don’t let any of this stop you from raging on dude. 

2 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

anyone who uses terminology like "snowflake social justice warrior" really isn't someone who is worth engaging in conversation with on anything substantive. 

right. but people who ignore facts and reality to invent a domestic abuse situation where there was none are totally worth engaging in substantive debate. 🙄 

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

lololol god you get yourself so worked up and upset

This is literally you.

every time you disagree with me. and your point doesn’t stand because you have no point. all of those things happened. you can google 3/4 and get your ironclad proof, and the other one is one of the worst kept secrets about this entire fiasco. you’re just being your usual whiny self about all of this. and even if i had just completely made up all four points you STILL wouldn’t have a point, as accusing someone of losing their job for being verbally abusive (which happened) and being publicly drunk on a basketball trip (also happened) are not the same as accusing someone of being a domestic abuser (didn’t happen, and is a much more serious accusation). but uh, don’t let any of this stop you from raging on dude. 

I want you to think for a moment just exactly who UT would have had a bigger interest in protecting, especially on that NY trip.  I am well aware of the rumors.  I'm sure there is truth there.  It ain't "iron clad proof", Colombo.  

Once again, you hold yourself to a far lower standard than you do others.  

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

No.  His partner could have been male, trans, whatever.  Her being female has nothing to do with my reasoning.  It is a matter of leadership and responsibility on his part towards UT, if he was so-inclined to remained a highly compensated leader of the basketball program.

Remove the toxicity from your life.  It's a risk.  It could be in the form of a friend, whatever.  It's not limited to being a female partner.

Right. But he is a large part of the toxicity. He's equally a crazy bitch. Which is why he didn't remove himself from the situation, which is why he showed no remorse, which is why they'll still together, which is why it would be damn near impossible to trust him in any leadership role.

I think we're basically saying the same thing from different angles.

I just think that some (didn't mean to imply you) get hung up the stereotypical gender roles in situations like these. "Crazy and emotional female can't control herself at the cost of her successful partner's reputation/career." Men can be all about that drama too.

• Hook 'Em 3

35 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You  have an odd definition of "iron clad proof".

live look at Derka on this issue. A dog with a bone who just refuses to let it go.

Hungry Dog GIF by Scooby-Doo

36 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You  have an odd definition of "iron clad proof".

Random rumors don't count as "iron clad proof?!?!?!?!?"

Weird.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

The original story was he went to the guest room after she started shit and she followed him there.

Otherwise known in long term relationships as the "I'm going to grandstand and act like I'm above this argument by opening and shutting exactly one door, knowing it will just piss you off even more because that's funny to me." A classic.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

Sure is a lot of “Randi was asking for it” excuse making from Derka

IMG_7432.thumb.jpeg.26a4a23a3e8f84423691cabb687bc1ca.jpeg

Randi Trew: “i started the physical confrontation and chris acted in self defense. he also never strangled me.”

of course here comes the point where you try to have it both ways, where you dismiss randi trew’s own admissions about that night, writing it off as her just playing her role and trying not to get kicked off the gravy train. here comes the part where you unwittingly admit that you don’t care about the facts, only in holding on to your own idea of what’s what, ie that chris beard is randi trew’s abuser.

not a soul on earth, including randi trew, has ever disputed the fact(s) that beard tried to get away from randi trew, that he tried to avoid the confrontation, and that she followed him around the house and initiated the physical confrontation with him. 

i’ll let brian fantana come in here and explain to everyone that this is simply not the dynamic of an abuser/victim relationship…again, unless we’re calling randi trew the abuser. 

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

They're both batshit crazy drama queens who probably get off on this shit.

Well, one drama queen was getting paid millions of dollars to coach basketball. If that doesn’t make you clean up your act and get rid of toxic baggage, then you deserve to be shown the door. 

• Hook 'Em 1

“Should have removed himself from the situation.” 

Would you still have this absolute viewpoint if it was a woman who was the victim of domestic violence and “protected herself”? 

“The original story.”

Ah yes the story. The police report. As I’ve said a hundred times on this website I’ve pulled evidence for tons of police cases and found that statements were complete lies and horseshit. Not saying she was lying just that you can’t take everything as fact. 

“Iron Clad Proof” 

No Derka doesn’t have ironclad proof. But is a police report or anything else we’ve heard iron clad proof? Nope. 

I think most of us, myself included, believe he probably did some things wrong and should have been fired. I just don’t think having an adamant view one way or another is reasonable. My position stems from seeing a few men get completely railroaded by lying females. I reserve judgement until more validated information emerges. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/29/2024 at 10:55 AM, Brian Fantana said:

His dead brother's wife, and apparently he used the basketball tourney in Hawaii as a personal vacation for the two of them and was barely with the team at all. "Christians", amirite?

On 1/29/2024 at 11:21 AM, Js1 said:

Sounds biblical to me. Let he who has not coveted his dead brother’s wife cast the first stone 

This week’s spice bible story comes from Genesis chapter 38.

Then Judah said to Onan, “Sleep with your [dead] brother’s wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to raise up offspring for your brother.” 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I think most of us, myself included, believe he probably did some things wrong and should have been fired. I just don’t think having an adamant view one way or another is reasonable. 

This is the gist of it for me.  Who started it, who retaliated, I don't care.  UT is not a court of law.  The guy was an embarrassment to the school, bye.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Would you still have this absolute viewpoint if it was a woman who was the victim of domestic violence and “protected herself”? 

Yes.  Lots of us don't even make $10MM/ year in high publicity jobs and still have enough self-respect not to put up with that shit.

It didn't happen in one night. It was hardly an outlier.  He 'endured'/ tolerated the crazy or toxicity. He very likely fed that fire with his own contributions.  He got the consequences too.

In my own house, if either one of us ever engaged in abuse, the other one would be gone.  That's a contributing factor in why it doesn't happen.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

💯.  Leave him if he’s abusive.  That’s regarding that relationship.  

for that might, was there a moment Chris could’ve walked away?  Yes.  I believe he could’ve walked away and chose not to. Many women don’t get that choice.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

IMG_7432.thumb.jpeg.26a4a23a3e8f84423691cabb687bc1ca.jpeg

Randi Trew: “i started the physical confrontation and chris acted in self defense. he also never strangled me.”

of course here comes the point where you try to have it both ways, where you dismiss randi trew’s own admissions about that night, writing it off as her just playing her role and trying not to get kicked off the gravy train. here comes the part where you unwittingly admit that you don’t care about the facts, only in holding on to your own idea of what’s what, ie that chris beard is randi trew’s abuser.

elsa GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

right. but people who ignore facts and reality to invent a domestic abuse situation where there was none are totally worth engaging in substantive debate. 🙄 

where was it said, "every accusation is an admission?"

I think he's about to divide by zero and go into error-mode.