Rando Bowl Appreciation Thread..lawn equipment, chips, tires (doing tire things), mufflers, fast food places galore

ButtFumble

1 hour ago, Dewey said:

Today is the first time I will ever root for Miss State, going back to when Jackie was their coach and creamed us in Starkville I have hated them and their cowbells. Go State!

Really, really freaking annoying that the RB wasn’t yesterday. Waking up late, watching the parade, and then the game is part of NY. 

I get the hate for Jackie Sherrill on a Texas website but, I always liked him when he was at Pitt. If our administration hadn’t been so incompetent he would not have left for AggieLand. All he wanted was control of the football program, like GodPa had up at Crappy Valley. He had us absolutely rolling. And we fucked it up but good.

Jackie recruited my cousin Louie, so I like him for that. And one time, when I was working on a story, I called Sherrill at his Mississippi State office, fully expecting a secretary to answer the phone and make it difficult to get him but, he actually answered the phone himself. It was a good interview, too.

He also helped Pitt recruit Tony Dorsett. He even brought his mom with him once to bring one of her homemade rhubarb pies to Mrs. Dorsett, and the rest is history.

Here we go, State with a short kick for the win.

Quick question for you degenerates...

I thought I understood how a money line bet works; however, this game (Miss St/Illini) doesn't make any sense  According to what I'm seeing, Miss St is -950; Illini is 
+525.  The point spread was Illini by 1.5.  I always thought games with close lines would also have close money lines.  Why would anyone bet $950 to only win $100 in a near pick 'em game?

12 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Quick question for you degenerates...

I thought I understood how a money line bet works; however, this game (Miss St/Illini) doesn't make any sense  According to what I'm seeing, Miss St is -950; Illini is 
+525.  The point spread was Illini by 1.5.  I always thought games with close lines would also have close money lines.  Why would anyone bet $950 to only win $100 in a near pick 'em game?

Were you looking at a live line prior to the field goal?  That could have been the case.  

The line before the game was MSSt by 3.5.  That would usually make them a ML favorite of around -130 to -140.  Illinois would have been +150 or so.  

Edited by Trey3216
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Were you looking at a live line prior to the field goal?  That could have been the case.  

The line before the game was MSSt by 3.5.  That would usually make them a ML favorite of around -130 to -140.  Illinois would have been +150 or so.  

Thanks.  I bet I was.  It was right before the final play.  

Edited by Knoxtnhorn