Oklahoma Recruiting 2024: Sunken Eyes and Licking Lips

Constant

32 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

OU wasn't even getting visits from these guys under LR.  (Said he couldn't recruit to Norman but OK.)

I suspect the kid from Missouri flip by signing day, too.

It feels good to have the ability to get top of the line D-Line again. Amazing what can happen when Grinch isn’t here to have these guys playing at 260-280 and getting blown off the ball. 

8 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

He didn’t do a horns down in his commitment edit. Are standards slipping in Norman?

He's APART from other ou players.  He's eloquently choosing to start a new tradition of mutual respect between the two schools.  That's clearly it.  I for one am impressed by his intelligence and maturity.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I feel like your one shot for a legitimate battle test ahead of the Red River game is today, and that’s iffy. Y’all feeling good?

We’ll see. Seemed quite improved, but hard to say based on the competition. Looks to me like makings of a 10-win team are there. The Texas game should be a much better duel this year. 

SMU has some legit playmakers so we’ll see how the defense holds up.

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I feel like your one shot for a legitimate battle test ahead of the Red River game is today, and that’s iffy. Y’all feeling good?

I laid a little cheddar on the boys. I think SMU has a decent offense, but a shitty defense. We should be able to move the ball pretty good. Our safety’s will be something to watch. 

18 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Nigel Smith and Zina Umeozulu share a lot of similarities from a peaked sophomore year and have seen their ranking steadily drop since standpoint.

I think Smith just outgrew the elite DE projections.  Supposedly he's already pushing 270 lbs at Melissa.  If so then I think he adds weight and slides inside in Norman and probably becomes a high ceiling DT. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2023 at 8:03 AM, texifornia said:

Dude is having a big year for Odessa HS right now. They beat Permian last weekend. He’s 6’6 and pretty athletic, probably the most underrated get of their class. Sucks he’s going to OU. But I didn’t root for Juaquin Iglesias or Zack Sanchez and I’m not going to start now. No turning back once you’re a Sooner.

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

No it doesn’t. Not even the same universe

Ok. How is it not the same universe? Enlighten us. 

An entrenched starter returning that might give a highly touted 5 star pause. Enlighten us on the differences in the dynamic in question. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

20 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ok. How is it not the same universe? Enlighten us. 

An entrenched starter returning that might give a highly touted 5 star pause. Enlighten us on the differences in the dynamic in question. 

For starters, the returning starter for Texas is also a 5 star and future high draft pick. That’s different than a midget blocking Arnold. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2