NFL Playoffs

Vic Mackey

1 minute ago, Dr Fear said:

Lamar didn't even travel with the team, yikes.

Not having an agent didn’t help. They offered a very good contract and he said no. Held out. Got injured. Stop playing. All the pressers indicated that the HC and other top Ravens brass weren’t pleased with him almost as though they thought he’d abandoned the team and was just holding out and not really injured until recently. He wants a contract he ain’t gonna get. So they will tag him I guess. Part of the issue is unlike Mahomes he has not won anything. And the Browns contract for Watson was fucking stupid. Ravens aren’t offering those two things so I guess stalemate. 

19 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Joe Mixon has never made me say "wow!" (at least not on a football field) but apparently he's solid enough to still be RB1 all these years.

We'll see about next year.  Didn't really see much drop off in production with Perine in the lead role when Mixon missed a few games with a concussion, and Perine seems to be better at picking up the rush.

9 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

It feels like Lamar Jackson sitting out a playoff game with a sprain is revenge for the Raven’s contract negotiations. Really shitty move for the face of the franchise. 

If he was the face of the franchise they would've extended him last year or the year before...

Pretty hilarious he's supposed to risk it all with no contact for the future if he's not healthy. 

Ravens should've moved on if they weren't going to pay him.

16 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Assuming the Bills win the Bengals v Bills game in Atlanta should have an eclectic crowd/atmosphere. 

They should have it here in Pittsburgh, or in Cleveland. Either stadium is an easy drive for both sets of fans, and they don’t even need hotels. 

Edit: i see that it would not be that game.

Edited by PittsburghTiger

1 minute ago, Captain Obvious said:

We'll see about next year.  Didn't really see much drop off in production with Perine in the lead role when Mixon missed a few games with a concussion, and Perine seems to be better at picking up the rush.

Perine absolutely is a guy who's had tons of "wow" runs over his career.

3 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:
Harbaughs are generally assholes but, those sideline questions were stupid as fuck. There don’t need to be sideline interviews. 

They are completely worthless, only time they are ever good is when the coach is agitated.

He became agitated with her stupid questions.  Don’t blame him.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:
Harbaughs are generally assholes but, those sideline questions were stupid as fuck. There don’t need to be sideline interviews. 

They are completely worthless, only time they are ever good is when the coach is agitated.

Or…when someone turns off the power to the entire stadium during the SB which is pretty sneaky.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Thanks. The whole damn thing is confusing to me obviously 

I guess theoretically Bengals could've been 13-4 with home field over the Bills (13-4) if they continued that game and the Bengals won... But sense they didn't, Bills have home field over Bengals.

Then they didn't have a clear #1 in the AFC because the Bills didn't play the same amount of games as the Chiefs. So they decided neutral site for that one, and still gave the bye to the Chiefs.

I think it has to do with money and product somehow because they won't be playing outdoors in the cold anymore... And it will be a historic neutral site playoff game.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I was on the record here, or at the old site, as saying i thought that he was a good QB and that i liked the draft pick. I still think he was a good pick.

I also remember the huge controversy (not just because of where he was picked…) but because there were several media pundits who thought they should have selected Dwayne Haskins (RIP.) I remember people literally losing their shit on shows right after the draft and all week long. One because they reached for the pick and two because Haskins was the better pick. I heard that for weeks from the pundits. It might have been a reach. They could have gotten him later perhaps but Haskins was not the right selection.