Cousin of BLM co-founder died after run-in with LAPD

52-80

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I dunno.  Probably out of his peers' poor college student price range.  

He mostly sticks with lots of beer and then a late night fish and chips run.

Tough to beat a proper chippy...but the mushy peas?? Yuck.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Jesus fuck. For the second fucking time because evidently you and the other chucklefuck can’t read for shit. No cop has EVER carried or administered ketamine to anyone in the history of cops. Or ketamine. Or chucklefucks.

When I was 3rd year medical student on my surgery rotation I was assigned to the trauma service at parkland for 4 of the 8 weeks. This was during the height of the HIV/AIDS crisis and Dallas was 2nd only to SF in aids cases per capita. And in Dallas it was very common outside the male homosexual community due to the high incidence of IVDA. 

Late one night we had a a guy hit the trauma bay covered in blood, flailing around, fighting the EMS and cops, spitting at and trying to bite everyone who got near him. One of the ER nurses drew up a big syringe of succinylcholine (muscle paralytic they give before they intubate you) and jabbed the guy w it. He dropped quickly back on the gurney and the nurse grabbed an ambu bag, waited about 30 seconds, and then started bagging him. She told him it would wear off in a few minutes but if he didn’t behave, the next time she stuck him she wasn’t going to breathe for him. He was docile as a lamb after that

/csb

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

When I was 3rd year medical student on my surgery rotation I was assigned to the trauma service at parkland for 4 of the 8 weeks. This was during the height of the HIV/AIDS crisis and Dallas was 2nd only to SF in aids cases per capita. And in Dallas it was very common outside the male homosexual community due to the high incidence of IVDA. 

Late one night we had a a guy hit the trauma bay covered in blood, flailing around, fighting the EMS and cops, spitting at and trying to bite everyone who got near him. One of the ER nurses drew up a big syringe of succinylcholine (muscle paralytic they give before they intubate you) and jabbed the guy w it. He dropped quickly back on the gurney and the nurse grabbed an ambu bag, waited about 30 seconds, and then started bagging him. She told him it would wear off in a few minutes but if he didn’t behave, the next time she stuck him she wasn’t going to breathe for him. He was docile as a lamb after that

/csb

I have heard many similar stories from my friend who is a paramedic. She is now with Star Flight (life flight stuff obviously.)  Crazy stories like that. One was a 250 plus pound woman high on at least two different drugs and she bit through my friends forearm right to the bone. It took several people to restrain the woman (this was after 30 minutes of trying to talk to the woman and calm her down.) nothing worked. No reasoning with her. Crazy stuff.  Pictures of my friend in training to be part of the Life Flight..

A59996EE-15B4-4349-8B8C-4F5640E5C3B0.jpeg

CDCAD6B7-4BB2-4116-B091-A789D90D0B09.jpeg

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Cops don’t have any say whatsoever in this. Zero. Zilch.

I can't tell if you're doing shtick or what. But the paramedics had no reason to be at the scene of Elijah McClain's murder but for the fact that the cops called for them after performing an illegal stop, purposely escalated the situation, performed an illegal arrest, and then used illegal deadly force. And then the cops encouraged the paramedics to shoot him up with ketamine despite the fact that the kid was already handcuffed, they had full control of him (just like the LAPD incident he was handcuffed and under complete control of LEOs). There were at least 3 police officers on the scene. This was all for a 20 year old man walking home after work carrying nothing but his earbuds and a plastic grocery bag, who just asked to be allowed to go home and was fully entitled to do so. But he had the severe misfortune of running into a few murderers carrying badges.

As to the LAPD incident I'm not seeing what the rest of you are. I see a guy on the ground, who posed no threat, 4(?) officers surround him while he's face down on the ground, seem to have him well under control and at least one of 'em has a knee in his back. THEN they tase him from point blank range. The guy was obviously in a poor mental state. The only thing he tried to do was avoid their custody and he was obviously fearful. A taser isn't non-lethal, it's "less than lethal" but as I understand it, one of the occasions it's more likely than others to be lethal is when used at point blank range, as it was in this instance. Or when used on a person experiencing a psychotic break. Or when used on a person who's on drugs. Or when used repeatedly and consecutively on a person.

I get that it doesn't raise to the same level of purposeful homicidal police activity as certain videos showing an officer shooting an unarmed man running away from him and then planting a weapon on him. Or videos of an officer kneeling on a guy's neck and preventing him from breathing. But just because it doesn't raise to the level of homicide with intent, I see no reason to give the PD a complete pass just on the basis of the edited video clip they put together.

Several policing experts who reviewed the videos for The Times said that the amount of force used by the officers seemed excessive given the man’s actions and that some of the tactics seemed haphazard.

“It is going to be hard to convince any judge that these officers were using reasonable force,” said Ed Obayashi, a Northern California deputy and a top state advisor on police tactics. “From the visual aspect, it looks like he is not fighting back; he is not threatening the officers. He is saying I am not resisting ... and what could be considered resisting is an automatic reflex of the body to the pain application from the Taser.”

Moore said data from the Taser weapon showed “there were six separate activations over 42 seconds. The first two [were] in the probe mode. We believe the darts weren’t effective. Then four activations over 33 seconds” in the stun mode in which the pulse was applied directly to the skin.

Walter Katz, a former independent police auditor in California and Chicago, said it’s up to the coroner to determine the role of the Taser in Anderson’s death, but either way that doesn’t mean the officer’s actions were appropriate.

Katz said the incident begins to go wrong when the officer with the Taser directs Anderson to turn over on his stomach and stop resisting.

“The first application of Taser is in such a way that if effective contracts the muscles so the person cannot move and makes them unable to comply with that order,” he said.

Then, Katz said, the officer used the Taser on Anderson’s body repeatedly without really giving the man the chance to reset. Katz said it should have been clear by that point that Anderson’s behavior suggested he was somehow impaired.

“To do more tasering to me was a poor decision,” he said. “This officer went down the path of this is the tool I am going to use.”

Under LAPD policy, “there is no preset limit on the number of times a Taser can be used in a particular situation; however, officers should generally avoid repeated or simultaneous activations to avoid potential injury,” Moore said.

Timothy T. Williams, a use-of-force expert and former supervisor with the LAPD elite Robbery Homicide Division, said he was also concerned about the tactics.

“The tasing was, in my opinion, excessive force. You use the force which is necessary. You don’t hold a Taser on a person that length of time to control him or her,” he said.

Police had enough officers, Williams said, “to get him turned over and handcuffed and sat up.” He said the first motorcycle officer did the right thing by calling for backup. But in the slow-evolving incident, he never heard anyone call for the department‘s mental evaluation team, which specializes in handling people suffering a mental health crisis.

Carl Douglas, a well-known civil rights attorney representing some of Anderson‘s family members, said the officers failed to consider Anderson’s mental state and did not follow appropriate tactics and policies.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2023-01-13/la-me-taser-tactics-lapd-keenan-anderson

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

BLM and affiliated organizations are citing this incident as example of police violence and calling for resignation of LAPD chief and others

OMG that is so outrageous. They're an outstanding organization run by the best of the best.

Wait, we are talking about the Uvalde PD here right?

On 1/13/2023 at 9:29 PM, Sawbonz said:

/csb

Rest of this thread sucks, but THAT is fucking savage, rep and thanks for posting.

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Keep chiming in, eventually you’ll get the skirmish you’re looking for.

I believe in you.

Thanks for clarification on what is and isnt allowed to be chimed.

Very weird reaction to a simple statement of fact though. 

4 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

It’s wander you stupid fuck.

Requires a comma, you aggy-like fuckstain.

4 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Its 2023.  Words can be whatever you want them to be. 

It's "it's" you wandering fuck. Credit to you for getting the correct year. 

A side note to this whole story. One time a long time ago I was an innocent bystander that got taken to the ground by an out of control cop with little man syndrome.

What I have always remembered about that event is that he was screaming the entire time to “stop resisting”, when the entire time I wasn’t resisting at all.

The act of attacking a person puts their body into a natural resistive force as they are falling to the ground, and I’ve always felt since then that the screaming cops are basically lying every time they say that. By definition, the act of taking someone to the ground must have a resistive force. A human is a mass of weight. Physics.