2023 Texas High School Football

Hiphopopotamos

Just now, Helobious said:

The teams should be pretty even talent wise. I think there’s 5 guys total on NS with FBS offers, maybe 3 total on Westlake right? 

I only know of two, one who has offers to Army and Rice and the other to Houston. 
But yes, Other than being bigger and faster at most every position NS has a talent disadvantage 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Lonestar88 said:

Desoto forces a 3 and out after it’s latest turnover. Gets the ball back and scores on a 50 yard bubble screen. Up 42-31 now.

I was listening some on YouTube in the 3rd. Carroll got stopped at the goaline on 4th down, then recovered a fumble inside desoto 20 next possession. Somehow still scored 0 points.

Just now, blacklab said:

Is he the kicker?

5 star CB #6 probably going to Ohio st. I believe 2nd ranked player in the state for that class. 2025 recruiting thread laughed me off for saying Sark would drastically regret not going after him harder, so I need him to be really good or I’ll look stupid. Again.

• Drool 1

42 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

We watched the game on YouTube. That Brownsville team didn't even belong on the same field.

Yeah, I was watching it on the Ranger YT channel too. Brownsville was completely over matched.

Coach Hill could have run up the score with a blowout but took the foot off the pedal at the end of 3rd quarter.

33 minutes ago, blacklab said:

I only know of two, one who has offers to Army and Rice and the other to Houston. 
But yes, Other than being bigger and faster at most every position NS has a talent disadvantage 

I guess they still have the talent advantage, but this is definitely not a vintage North Shore team.

6 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

This will date me. I saw the Sinclair dinosaurs as a kid in Omaha, Nebraska. Those dinosaurs were originally displayed at 1964 New York Worlds Fair. These sure look like those. I wonder if they are the same ones? 

Yes, they are.

saw them in NYC in 1964 and Glen Rose in 2004.  Both were great days!

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Minute Bull said:

Isn't it a little sketch to have a Houston crew officiating NS v. Westlake?  The crew hasn't done any favors to WL today, just wiped out a first down with a bogus motion penalty.

I think they’re just not a very good crew to be doing a semi final.  Should’ve gotten that guy who looks like Peter Griffin.

Kay was north shore. He’s gone, now you just have to hang in the game long enough for them to fuck it up. From what everyone says the past round NS really should’ve lost, but Atascosita made some unforced errors and NS capitalized. If Westlake can just avoid that they’re going to Arlington.

Your talent is amazing.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Well I was on the 6A forum and everyone was saying this is the sorriest NS team in years. Westlake just couldn’t beat them. The consensus over there is Duncanville will wax them next week and NS will fall off the planet next year. 

We all know how this ends. Congratulations North Shore.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Well I was on the 6A forum and everyone was saying this is the sorriest NS team in years. Westlake just couldn’t beat them. The consensus over there is Duncanville will wax them next week and NS will fall off the planet next year. 

I agree this isn’t a typical NS team, but this Duncanville team isn’t as great either. Most picks I saw at the beginning of the postseason still had North Shore winning it all.

As a former TXHS FB official, playoff games are usually a “coin flip” for home/away and neutral sites. The referee crew is assigned by TASO, so it was most likely an out of town crew that officiated that game. We’re talking not even neighboring crews.

Hook’em!!!

Question about something I’ve never noticed before. When 2nd or 4th quarters start does the clock begin on a whistle or first snap of the quarter?

56 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

As a former TXHS FB official, playoff games are usually a “coin flip” for home/away and neutral sites. The referee crew is assigned by TASO, so it was most likely an out of town crew that officiated that game. We’re talking not even neighboring crews.

Hook’em!!!

I remember seeing a terrible missed call at a game years back, that was probably you you son of a bitch. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/8/2023 at 6:32 PM, Bigbend1812 said:

Any games on TV tonight in the DFW area?  

On 12/8/2023 at 7:15 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

What games are tonight?

On 12/8/2023 at 7:37 PM, cafe society said:

PNG and Liberty HIll are on Bally Sports SW, even though it isn't listed.  7-7 end of 1.

All 12 Championship games will be televised on Ballyworld if ya' get it beginning on Wednesday.  

• Rage+1 1

Watched a YouTube cut up of Westlake-NS. NS definitely did not look that good and just bullied their way to a win, but Westlake surprisingly looked unimpressive as hell. Repetitive unsuccessful play calls and lackluster execution everywhere. Definitely not the NS-Westlake battles we’ve been used to. State title game isn’t going to be close.