Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

9 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

The one thing I don't get about the Maldonado issue is - can't he call pitches from the dugout?

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

clock is a huge issue 

4 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Why? Give him the fucking pitchcom thing. 

not posting on their thread because of decorum, but i'd just like to say that houston fans are advocating breaking the rules to communicate pitch selection?!  why i never!

• Haha 3

Just now, mdmost said:

So he can pitch tonight even though the action that got him the suspension was in a series he's still active in?

Doesn't matter. We own this guy and are in his head at this point. I think if he had stayed in, there is a good chance we win Game 5.

11 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

not posting on their thread because of decorum, but i'd just like to say that houston fans are advocating breaking the rules to communicate pitch selection?!  why i never!

I'm catholic, all sins like me banging your mom are easily forgiven

395687778_10161357452999085_759650808959

• Fuck You 4

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Wow, Abreu really learned his lesson. Those 2 games to start next season is going to be big punishment. Lol such a joke.

I suspect it's because MLB thinks it unlikely that Abreu intentionally threw at Garcia.  But rescinding the suspension would undermine the on-field officials.  So this is the best alternative.

The should suspend Dusty Baker for not leaving the dugout in a timely fashion after he was ejected.  He purposefully stayed in the dugout and forced the umpires to spend time talking to him in an (ultimately successful) effort to ice LeClerc.

But realistically, suspending Baker for Game 7 would probably work to the Astros' benefit.  So it all probably works out.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I suspect it's because MLB thinks it unlikely that Abreu intentionally threw at Garcia.  But rescinding the suspension would undermine the on-field officials.  So this is the best alternative.

The should suspend Dusty Baker for not leaving the dugout in a timely fashion after he was ejected.  He purposefully stayed in the dugout and forced the umpires to spend time talking to him in an (ultimately successful) effort to ice LeClerc.

But realistically, suspending Baker for Game 7 would probably work to the Astros' benefit.  So it all probably works out.

And not to mention, this allowed time for Pressly to get warmed up and shut down our threat. In hindsight if Abreu was allowed to stay in, he was rattled and we break the game open. It did force the Astros to use Pressly for an extra inning but didn't matter much since he wasn't needed last night. I am assuming he will be called on for a few innings tonight. 

Pretty cool

That was the greatest pro baseball game I've seen in person, of course we don't get many opportunities being in Austin.

Just returned and still recovering. We almost stayed to watch Game 7 but I wanted to leave on that high note, plus work called.

This team, win or lose tonight, is resilient as fuck. Streaky for sure. And inconsistent in so many areas, but damn easy and fun to root for.

I'm confident. Javier is a bit of a nightmare. But their lineup is weak in many spots and I think for some reason they really are mentally fucked at home.

Mainly the Rangers looked focus as hell, but also loose, last night and will be again.

Random "Field of Dreams" chills type side note: We sat next to two other Rangers' fans last night and as Beasley passed us a few baseballs from the dugout, we were all tossing them to Astros kids around us. One of them was totally shocked and just beaming ear to ear afterwards for a full minute. Almost made me as happy as the game...almost.

So fuck the Astros now and forever, but yeah baseball is pretty damn great.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

36 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

That was the greatest pro baseball game I've seen in person, of course we don't get many opportunities being in Austin.

Just returned and still recovering. We almost stayed to watch Game 7 but I wanted to leave on that high note, plus work called.

This team, win or lose tonight, is resilient as fuck. Streaky for sure. And inconsistent in so many areas, but damn easy and fun to root for.

I'm confident. Javier is a bit of a nightmare. But their lineup is weak in many spots and I think for some reason they really are mentally fucked at home.

Mainly the Rangers looked focus as hell, but also loose, last night and will be again.

Random "Field of Dreams" chills type side note: We sat next to two other Rangers' fans last night and as Beasley passed us a few baseballs from the dugout, we were all tossing them to Astros kids around us. One of them was totally shocked and just beaming ear to ear afterwards for a full minute. Almost made me as happy as the game...almost.

So fuck the Astros now and forever, but yeah baseball is pretty damn great.

To think this is just the beginning of a legit run for the Rangers is extremely satisfying and exciting. Put it on the line tonight and we’ll see what happens. Fuck Houston. 

• Like 1