Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

So I'm getting like zero work done today. I just flipped on MLB Network and they're replaying Game 5. It's a full broadcast but it's not Fox's. Was MLB Network simulcasting this? Are you telling me I could've watched this World Series without John Smoltz? Or was MLB covering the game with their announcing crew recording it for later showings after the live broadcast ended?

• Drool 1

15 hours ago, Hornlover said:

I watched all of them and Mickey Tettleton, Steve Beuchelle, Benji Gil, Fernando Tatis, Jeff Kunkel, Jack Daugherty, Will Clark, Bobby Witt, Kenny Rogers, Ruben Sierra, Pete Incaviglia... 

I'll raise you Joe Lovitto, Dave Nelson, Steve Hargan, and Pete Broberg.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 straight postseason road victories.

We had 99 road innings, and a bitch-ass opponent lead was (barely) one.

= = =

Just how dominating were they on the road, besides the obvious 11 wins?

Unless I missed something, the Rangers trailed in this postseason in those road games for only as long as they came up to bat again:

• At Baltimore Game 2, the Orioles scored 2 in the bottom of the 1st. Texas scored 5 in the top of the 2nd -- and then another 4 in the top of the 3rd just to crush their souls.

• In the ALCS Game 6, Houston scored once in the bottom of 1st. The Rangers "answered back" (ohhh) with 1 in the top of the 2nd and held that until the 4th.

And the rest was postseason road domination history.

= = =

So the total attendance of the 11 Rangers road games was 449,176 (would've been more, but you know, Tampa).

Now of course there were some Rangers fans mixed in there, so let's just say 85% all road games were home fans, so it comes to 381,799.

Not a single one of them of course saw their team win a game in person.

A low percentage of that total even saw their team have a lead.

And the home fans who were late to ALDS Game 2 or ALCS Game 6 probably missed any lead completely.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

11 straight postseason road victories.

We had 99 road innings, and a bitch-ass opponent lead was (barely) one.

= = =

Just how dominating were they on the road, besides the obvious 11 wins?

Unless I missed something, the Rangers trailed in this postseason in those road games for only as long as they came up to bat again:

• At Baltimore Game 2, the Orioles scored 2 in the bottom of the 1st. Texas scored 5 in the top of the 2nd -- and then another 4 in the top of the 3rd just to crush their souls.

• In the ALCS Game 6, Houston scored once in the bottom of 1st. The Rangers "answered back" (ohhh) with 1 in the top of the 2nd and held that until the 4th.

And the rest was postseason road domination history.

= = =

So the total attendance of the 11 Rangers road games was 449,176 (would've been more, but you know, Tampa).

Now of course there were some Rangers fans mixed in there, so let's just say 85% all road games were home fans, so it comes to 381,799.

Not a single one of them of course saw their team win a game in person.

A low percentage of that total even saw their team have a lead.

And the home fans who were late to ALDS Game 2 or ALCS Game 6 probably missed any lead completely.

R - Rays
O - Orioles
A - Astros
D - Diamondbacks 

The Rangers are ROAD Warriors!

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Your first post on this entire website was 10/22. And you wanted to move our very best hitter down

No one respects you. 

So?

I’m interested in moving Corey to 3.  Of course. Semien is an ideal 2 hitter and Adolis 4 and Jung 5. You know, VERY logical thoughts.

I’m not looking for respect. Congrats buddy, on being such a respected valued anonymous internet poster. Validation of a life’s work. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, stc said:

for those in austin looking for WS gear...academy didn't have shit and dick's still had plenty of shirts and hats around noon. 

yes the team apparel area was full of Astros stuff at Academy.  some hangers were falling off because it was so overstocked.

1 hour ago, Constant said:

We’re leaving around 9am. Hopefully theres some shit to eat available. I’m sure all the restaurants will be packed already. 

Fuck me. I have to work over there tomorrow. 
Probably take a sandwich for lunch since it might be a shit show trying to go out for lunch. Stupid customer. If they had their shit together I could have been thru this afternoon.