2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

49 minutes ago, runthebone said:

MLB released the WS schedule earlier this week, not sure if it was discussed.  There are only two off days, 7 games in 9 days. 

Umm 

there are always only two off days. (one after game 2 and one after game 5)

what’s interesting is 3 off days between end of ALCS if it goes 7 and start of World Series.

They’ve really stretched things back out. Off days between every travel travel day in the earlier rounds. No more condensed LDS/LCS like last year thanks to having to make up the extra games at the end of the season from the lockout.

and its clear they are really, really scared of the NFL which is driving all of this. 

2 ALDS, 2 ALCS (1 if necessary) are the only October postseason games (out of a possible 53 if all series went the max)

https://www.mlb.com/news/2023-mlb-playoff-and-world-series-schedule

Edited by UTexasFight

18 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Umm 

what’s interesting is 3 off days between end of ALCS if it goes 7 and start of World Series.

They’ve really stretched things back out. Off days between every travel travel day in the earlier rounds. No more condensed LDS/LCS like last year thanks to having to make up the extra games at the end of the season from the lockout.

and its clear they are really, really scared of the NFL which is driving all of this. 

2 ALDS, 2 ALCS (1 if necessary) are the only October postseason games (out of a possible 53 if all series went the max)

I guess I forgot that they fucked with the schedule midstream last year.

48 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Umm 

That last paragraph should have said “2 ALDS, 2 ALCS (1 if necessary) are the only October Sunday postseason games (out of a possible 53 if all series went the max)”

34 minutes ago, runthebone said:

I guess I forgot that they fucked with the schedule midstream last year.

I guess I forgot as well because I have no idea what you are referring to.

Maybe you forgot that last season's postseason schedule was affected by the new CBA and the delayed start of the season due to the ownership lockout?

6 hours ago, runthebone said:

MLB released the WS schedule earlier this week, not sure if it was discussed.  There are only two off days, 7 games in 9 days. 

anything that favors a deeper staff is good for the Astros.

Gotta get there first.

(Oh furk i am in time out.  Scratch that.)

Edited by slorch